Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumInformation Board › Libertarian books to read
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Libertarian books to read (Read 7709 times)
Corellia

I suffer from overinflated
self worth.

Re: Libertarian books to read
Reply #10 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Free to Choose by Milton Friedman

"Those who promise us paradise on earth never produced anything but a hell." ~Karl Popper

IP Logged

newthinker
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 10:50am
Print Post  
I think there is books here that can also be used to the Libertarian's advantage since it seems neutral but hopefully will open up the common voter's mind

http://www.squidoo.com/VotethirdPartyUSA

IP Logged

newthinker
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Here is a great Libertarian book for kids  Grin
http://www.squidoo.com/libertarian-childrens-books

IP Logged

Crystallas
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Quote:
Here is a great Libertarian book for kids Grin
http://www.squidoo.com/libertarian-childrens-books

Oh wow, untapped market. I forgot just how few and how little there is for children pertaining to free-thinking.

IP Logged

Bourgeois
Libertarian Freedom Member

Counterrevolutionary
, Principle Foe of Dennis

Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2011 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A Heinlein

A book of libertarian revolution on the moon! Popularized the phrase TANSTAAFL!

"The government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer's teet until they have sore, chapped nipples."

IP Logged

Minarchist Dilemma
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Oct 22nd, 2012 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
zophos wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 2:35pm:
Henry David Thoreau's essay on Civil Disobedience is a must. It's a damning call to action- he went to jail because he objected to paying his taxes. Makes the rest of us who call ourselves libertarians look like cowards.

Agreed.  Currently reading Walden and am loving it. 

Albert Jay Nock's "Our enemy the State".  Favorite quote from the book:

We need not consider the various instruments that the State employs in building up its prestige; most of them are well known, and their uses well understood. There is one, however, which is in a sense peculiar to the republican State. Republicanism permits the individual to persuade himself that the State is his creation, that State action is his action, that when it expresses itself it expresses him, and when it is glorified he is glorified. The republican State encourages this persuasion with all its power, aware that it is the most efficient instrument for enhancing its own prestige. Lincoln's phrase, "of the people, by the people, for the people" was probably the most effective single stroke of propaganda ever made in behalf of republican State prestige.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig3/nock1.html

IP Logged

Libertarian For Our Future
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jan 3rd, 2013 at 11:25am
Print Post  
I know I'm bringing back to life a dead thread...however, I wanted to at least post up the books I've read & currently reading. Just in case someone wanted a new book or for anyone that's new to the forum is looking for more books to add to their collection.

I've read a few other books that have already been mentioned on this thread. However, I've gained an additional 18 more books to read (Man...by the time I'm finished reading majority of this stuff, I'll be able to start my own Austrian School of Economics & Libertarian library Grin).

One other thing, I haven't read all of the recommended articles nor have I finished watching all of the lectures. However, for $20, it can't be stuffed with more information about the Austrian School of Economics, even if they tried. There are over 50 lectures (Some audio, some video) and 12 recommended readings. I've already purchased it and have yet to get through them all, on top of the other readings that I've been doing.

If you're interested in that, visit the following site: http://academy.mises.org/courses/virtualmu/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumInformation Board › Libertarian books to read
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy