Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Immigration reform and Xenophobia.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Immigration reform and Xenophobia. (Read 5902 times)
LibertariCAN
Libertarian Freedom Member

Freedom Forever

Re: Immigration reform and Xenophobia.
Reply #30 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
You cannot simultaneously have free immigration and a welfare state. It is not economically feasible, and until the welfare state is cleaned up or abolished, you will never have free immigration.

Having said all that, I am for the dismantling of the welfare state, and the opening of borders.

IP Logged

LibertariCAN

Freedom Forever

Reply #31 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
The Free Man wrote on Jan 29th, 2013 at 8:20pm:
Immigration generally is good, as long as the government isn't handing out welfare checks to these immigrants. But in the case of the United Kingdom, immigration isn't such a good thing. People like the English Defense League have a legitimate cause as The UK literally is being invaded by muslims who have a hatred for western culture and protest freedoms. London will soon be Londonistan if this isn't stopped.

There is truth in that statement, but in a free society the government has absolutely no right to restrict or control the inflow of citizens to a country. Having said that, keep in mind that the U.K. is not a free society.

IP Logged

keauxbi

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
LibertariCAN wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 3:58pm:
You cannot simultaneously have free immigration and a welfare state. It is not economically feasible, and until the welfare state is cleaned up or abolished, you will never have free immigration.

Having said all that, I am for the dismantling of the welfare state, and the opening of borders.

As I had pointed out previously, federal entitlements have mechanisms built in to disallow noncitizens from receiving benefits.  A well run program would weed out and prosecute any fraud, ie "evil" illegal immigrants receiving federal benefits. 

But I do agree, dismantle/destroy all forms of welfare and open borders.  Maybe we could get some of the welfare queens to immigrate to other countries that don't mind having them on the doll (as if they could get across their borde)r.

Keauxbi
"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization..."--Edward Abbey

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 8:50am
Print Post  
I don't want to get to the point where overpopulation is solving itself.  I'd rather it be prevented.

IP Logged

keauxbi

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 11:14am
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Feb 3rd, 2013 at 8:50am:
I don't want to get to the point where overpopulation is solving itself.  I'd rather it be prevented.

At what population level does the US become overpopulated?

Keauxbi
"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization..."--Edward Abbey

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
keauxbi wrote on Feb 3rd, 2013 at 11:14am:
At what population level does the US become overpopulated?

I don't know, which is why I asked that question previously.

IP Logged

keauxbi

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
If overpopulation is the point where the US no longer has enough food resources to feed people within its borders and this is due to immigration, consider the fact that people that immigrate to the US ate food prior to coming here.  When they come to the US the bring with them the demand for food and as such food resources will follow them.  If you can't sell rice in India because the market is saturated, you ship your product to the US where all the people have moved to.  The argument follows for any other resource that could over consumed.  Given a free market, supply will flow to greatest demand.

If you're worried about land, well yes eventually the US would run out of land to house people but as is the case in New York land can not only be utilized horizontally but vertically.

But as was pointed out, if the US becomes overpopulated then people will leave or cease to arrive and the problem solves itself.

Keauxbi

IP Logged

flipswitch
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Libertarian For Our Future wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:49pm:
flipswitch,

I also don't agree with your statement of 'allowing a population of mexicans into the country that will destroy America as we know it'? To say that, then essentially would get at that we should lock up our borders, not allow anyone to visit, and only US citizens can prosper when US citizens are working. That's completely absurd and completely false statement.

I agree, the ways in which folks illegally migrating from Mexico and other bordering countries is completely wrong, it doesn't mean it's going to destroy America. What's going to destroy America is having to pay for them out of our tax dollars, that's going to destroy us. It's not because of them, it's because of the broken system that we have implemented.

I would suggest re-phrasing your statement because it doesn't make any sense and it is completely wrong.

You must not be familiar with the free health care they are getting, the police who will not arrest them because they can't do anything with them, the illegals who have kids in school(at tax payers expense)

Add all else that is going on economically with this country, and the illegals work for pennies.

IP Logged

flipswitch
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Liberalterian wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:45pm:
Grin How would mexicans destroy America? This is just as ridiculous as when Americans were worried about the Damned Irish coming to America and destroy the proper protestant way of life! It's just ridiculous and unfounded.

I cant read current events for you, or read all that is going on with the illegal immigrants in america.

This has nothing to do with religion, I dont know why you even said that. The illegal mexican population playing a large role in ruining the country is not unfounded, you would just have to read current events, I can not do that for you.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2013 at 7:21am by flipswitch »  
IP Logged

flipswitch
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
keauxbi wrote on Jan 31st, 2013 at 10:24pm:
I must have also missed the page in the bible that said "assume all outsiders are murderers, rapists, drug dealers, lazy, smelly and stupid.  Grin

That was really lame.  It wasn't even "nice try" worthy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Immigration reform and Xenophobia.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy