Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Religion and Personal Freedom
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Religion and Personal Freedom (Read 3627 times)
Paulie Girl

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Religion and Personal Freedom
Reply #40 - Feb 26th, 2013 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Awesome wrote on Feb 24th, 2013 at 4:54pm:
The Bible also teaches for husbands to submit to wives. Oh did women make that up to have power over men or what?

Really, submitting to your husband/wife is ethical towards your children because children are better off when their parents are together.

Yes. And men are to treat their wives like they would treat themselves. Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Feb 26th, 2013 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
No, it's not a sweet deal when your husband is to have authority over you, you're not allowed to speak in church, and if you're a slave, you're to obey your master.  The Bible had sweet deals alright, but they weren't for all.  Look at the Old Testament god, Yahweh.  That dude had a definite preference for males of Hebrew descent.  They got all the rights.

IP Logged

Crystallas

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Feb 26th, 2013 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
I, as an individual, have never had issues treating women as equals. I don't buy into the traditionalist thinking.

But I do get awfully peeved when a woman makes accusations to me for being sexist, based on someone else they knew. "All men like this, do that". Well, f-you then LOL, you're the one stereotyping, you're ipso-facto, the sexist. Men do it too, but I really don't, and if I do, it's extremely rare.

I mansplain things to my girl, she womansplains things to me. WGAF. I have testosterone swings, she has estrogen swings. Neither one of us try to have a pis*ing contest over who has things better or worse(because we both genuinely see the compatible equality of the gender inequality), so ultimately, we get along great. We deal with it. We're both hardcore libertarians too. Wink

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Feb 27th, 2013 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Wow, you're pretty lucky to find a libertarian woman.  There's not a whole lot of us.

IP Logged

Libertarian For Our Future
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Crystallas wrote on Feb 26th, 2013 at 11:09pm:
We're both hardcore libertarians too. Wink

RubyHypatia wrote on Feb 27th, 2013 at 8:03am:
Wow, you're pretty lucky to find a libertarian woman. There's not a whole lot of us.

I second that notion as my wife is a 'Conservative'. I try to explain to her a lot of the Libertarian ways and how even the extreme Conservatives has their own flaws. Not so much as a bashing contest (Or in Crystallas words, pis*ing contest Smiley) but explaining to her how various policies has effects on other aspects of life. Like eliminating the gas tax in VA but then imposing a wholesale distributor tax. Just shifting the payment from the consumer to the distributor but the distributor will pass the costs down to the consumer anyway. She then looks at me like 'what the eff are you talking about'? Of which, my wife posted this picture on Facebook for me, she said it depicted me perfectly, not necessarily to her but in a general manner.

However, she doesn't fully understand majority of it but then gets agitated at me when I begin to go into details about every issue. She then tells me that she liked it better when I didn't care about politics. That's when I told her that it's because of that logic why we continue to stay in the mess we're in and in order for us to get out of it, I need to be aware of the circumstances because of the individuals that are elected into office.

I guess it's better than having a 'modern' Liberal wife. I don't think I would be able to stay married for too long at that point Grin

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Feb 27th, 2013 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I don't think I can imagine myself being married to Michael Moore. 
Shocked

IP Logged

Crystallas

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Feb 27th, 2013 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Feb 27th, 2013 at 8:03am:
Wow, you're pretty lucky to find a libertarian woman. There's not a whole lot of us.

She's sitting on a nest-egg of libertarianism. Most of her friends are libertarian too. We're both very social, which is why we can track down more like-minded. It's not the women themselves that are rare, it's the fact that libertarians tend to be reclusive. A reclusive woman is a bad combination of both her emotional needs and exterior discovery for potential like-minded friends. So they tuck in their socio/economic views and go along to get along far more often then men do. The good thing is, humans aren't all that different, so you can find common ground with anyone.

I'm glad to see the liberty movement growing, because one thing I truly believe in, is growing a support network for so many different needs, including women who don't need to hate/hide themselves for being different than their peers. In due time, the scarcity of females in libertarianism will become an abundance.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Feb 27th, 2013 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
So you're saying there are Libertarian women in the closet?  I know online I've encountered hatred for my libertarian positions.

Me: "I'm a Libertarian."
Liberal: "Oh, so you hate poor people."
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Crystallas

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Feb 27th, 2013 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Feb 27th, 2013 at 2:00pm:
So you're saying there are Libertarian women in the closet? I know online I've encountered hatred for my libertarian positions.

Me: "I'm a Libertarian."
Liberal: "Oh, so you hate poor people."
Roll Eyes

Well, there is a simple, yet complex socio-economic segue that kind of explains why we get the reactions that we do online.

Have you ever heard of the "discipline of constant dealings" ? In case you haven't, it's basically as close to a bullet-proof theorem as it gets. In a vast-oversimplification; If you have to work with someone often, you'll have an incentive to do so peacefully. With the internet, you no longer have that incentive while hiding behind a keyboard.

So yes, in the closet, out of the closet and shunned, whatever. There are many more libertarian women, than we ideologues get credit for.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Feb 27th, 2013 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Yep, the anonymity of the internet has unleashed a multitude of hategasms.  I've had a few myself.
Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Religion and Personal Freedom
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy