Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Draft
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The Draft (Read 2268 times)
Crystallas
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Draft
Reply #20 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Feb 22nd, 2013 at 8:57am:
There's no misandry here. Pointing out that war is predominantly a male thing isn't misandry.

War is predominantly an authoritarian thing. This is probably the worst forum to make a sexist argument like that, because war is none of the male's thing here(AFAICT in relevance to libertarianism).  Grin

IP Logged

Awesome
Libertarian Senior Member

Reply #21 - Feb 23rd, 2013 at 12:09am
Print Post  
War is a synonym for "government genocide." So war is a government thing, not a male thing. It's true that more men have done genocide before than women, but that's only because men have had more such opportunities. Just like our gender had more opportunities to be great mathematicians, scientists, philosophers, and businessmen.

EDIT: as for the draft, I completely disagree with it. It is a form of slavery since you're forcing someone to work, and furthermore, kill people. It's genocide by way of forced labor.

NSA agents, if you can read this, your mother will die tomorrow.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Feb 23rd, 2013 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Awesome wrote on Feb 23rd, 2013 at 12:09am:
War is a synonym for "government genocide." So war is a government thing, not a male thing. It's true that more men have done genocide before than women, but that's only because men have had more such opportunities. Just like our gender had more opportunities to be great mathematicians, scientists, philosophers, and businessmen.

EDIT: as for the draft, I completely disagree with it. It is a form of slavery since you're forcing someone to work, and furthermore, kill people. It's genocide by way of forced labor.

I don't think it's just lack of opportunity.  I think men are naturally more aggressive, power hungry.  These qualities have both negative and positive things about them.  We wouldn't be as advanced without them.

Yes, the draft is slavery.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Draft
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy