Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Amendments that TSA breaks
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Amendments that TSA breaks (Read 531 times)
Awesome
Libertarian Senior Member

Amendments that TSA breaks
Feb 23rd, 2013 at 12:30am
Print Post  
It is well known that the TSA violates the 4th amendment. Yet I also thought that it may violate the 2nd one since it doesn't let people with guns come through.

On one hand, you may argue that if you give a threat, i.e. "if you want to go here then drop your arms" then it isn't really an amendment violation.

However, I think this would only apply to private airline securities. The government doesn't own the airport or the airplane, so doesn't it basically force people to drop their weapons, and isn't this just a violation of the second amendment, and not just the fourth?

NSA agents, if you can read this, your mother will die tomorrow.

IP Logged

Crystallas
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Amendments that TSA breaks
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2013 at 12:39am
Print Post  
I don't know why more people don't argue for the 8th in combination of the 4th.

Wouldn't you consider a bulk of what the TSA does, as cruel and unusual against those without any probable cause?

IP Logged

Josh

Stop looking at me like
that, you pervert.

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 1:34am
Print Post  
I think it violates the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th, and 13th

I like big butts and I cannot lie.

IP Logged

Shiva_TD

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2013 at 8:29am
Print Post  
In most cases international airports are owned and operated by the government. The airlines merely lease facilities at these airports.

The TSA is a smoke and mirror "security" agency that has done little in providing security on airlines. Just like the Air Marshalls where the odds of an Air Marshall being on any specific commerical airliner flight are about 1 in 1000. The average cost of an arrest being made by an Air Marshall is about $300 million as I recall.

I was one of those that advocated "calling forth of the militia" (the people) after 9/11 where law abiding Americans could be licensed to carry firearms onboard commercial aircraft. It does require training for close-quarter combat on an airline and I believe that Americans would pay out of pocket for this training and would be far better at providing security on commercial airliners. We could have had real security without any cost to the taxpayers because Americans would have provided it for free.

Of course NRA membership should automatically disqualify a person from carrying a firearm on an aircraft because most are extremist nutcases. LOL

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Amendments that TSA breaks
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy