Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarians should oppose the Northeast's {gun} magazine restrictions
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Libertarians should oppose the Northeast's {gun} magazine restrictions (Read 1141 times)
Shiva_TD
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Libertarians should oppose the Northeast's {gun} magazine restrictions
Reply #10 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Libertarian For Our Future wrote on Feb 28th, 2013 at 9:03am:
Further to the point, I knew this would happen once the Supreme Court wouldn't even see the allegations that Obama & his administration forged his documents. When that occurred, I knew they could careless about anything that was in the Constitution. As long as they are all working together, we'll continue to lose our rights.

OMG Do we have a Birther Conspiracy Nut amongst us? That is as bad as the Gun Nuts that claim the government wants to take away our firearms (which would require a US Constitution Amendment that would never be ratified).

The problems with these laws limiting magazine size is that there isn't a rational foundation for them. The government cannot, under the US Constitution, actually prohibit the ownership of those magazines that have been legally purchased in the past which I've noted. As we also know the restrictions of "assault weapons" that previously existed under the Brady Bill didn't reduce gun violence nor would most of the proposals from the Gun Control Freaks.

IP Logged

Libertarian For Our Future
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Libertarians should oppose the Northeast's {gun} magazine restrictions
Reply #11 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Shiva_TD wrote on Mar 1st, 2013 at 9:27am:
OMG Do we have a Birther Conspiracy Nut amongst us? That is as bad as the Gun Nuts that claim the government wants to take away our firearms (which would require a US Constitution Amendment that would never be ratified).

The problems with these laws limiting magazine size is that there isn't a rational foundation for them. The government cannot, under the US Constitution, actually prohibit the ownership of those magazines that have been legally purchased in the past which I've noted. As we also know the restrictions of "assault weapons" that previously existed under the Brady Bill didn't reduce gun violence nor would most of the proposals from the Gun Control Freaks.

Did I talk about whether or not he was born in America? I don't really care if the man was born on the moon. My underlying point was in regards to the Supreme Court. Therein lies the difference. Even more to the point, if you are stating that if it's within the Constitution that we should all oblige by it, IF Obama realistically wasn't born in this country, would that not violate the Constitution? Again, I could careless where the man is born from because his policies are still horrible, regardless to his birth place, that's all I truly care about because that's what effects me and everyone else the most, not where he was born.

See and that's the same logic that most people buy into until they pass a law that makes you turn in your guns & magazines. If you look at Missouri, they trying to push a law into play now that will ban all assault weapons & their magazines. Owners will have 90 days to turn in those guns or they will face class C felonies. They can also destroy the gun so it's inoperable but regardless, the owners will no longer have that gun.

Furthermore, Minnesota is trying to pass a similar law. Only difference is they give owners the ability to register their gun. Before it's registered, they have to go through a background investigation, keep the gun locked up, and allow authorities to inspect their home. That's not ALLOWING someone to own their gun, that's TELLING them how to own their gun. That's a HUGE difference.

I'm not in favor of Alex Jones whack job '1776 will rise again' garbage. What I am in concerned with is the fact when government pushes laws that make no sense. If it makes sense, sure, I'll buy into it. When it doesn't, I'll make sure I voice my opinion.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarians should oppose the Northeast's {gun} magazine restrictions
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy