Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Threat from Islamic Terrorists
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Threat from Islamic Terrorists (Read 2075 times)
RubyHypatia
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Threat from Islamic Terrorists
Feb 24th, 2013 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
I'm still debating right-wingers about compulsory military duty, and now we're getting into the threat posed by terrorists.  I honestly don't see them threatening our freedom.  They won't be exploding a nuclear bomb or poisoning our water anytime soon.  And there isn't a terrorist hiding behind every rock. 
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Awesome
Libertarian Senior Member

Re: Threat from Islamic Terrorists
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
The Founding Fathers were terrorists because they broke the (British) Law.

NSA agents, if you can read this, your mother will die tomorrow.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2013 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Awesome wrote on Feb 24th, 2013 at 4:56pm:
The Founding Fathers were terrorists because they broke the (British) Law.

I don't think so.  They certainly didn't target civilians.

IP Logged

keauxbi

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2013 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
So long as their is support for war against "terrorists" the definition of "terrorist" will change to suit the governments need to attack people.  In 2002 terrorist meant Al-Qaida and groups like them.  Then we shifted the meaning to include insurgents in Afghanistan and Iraq who probably just wanted the US out of their homeland.  Next we'll shift it to mean American Civilians who reject the notion of overbearing top down government.

Keauxbi
"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization..."--Edward Abbey

IP Logged

Liberalterian

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2013 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Feb 25th, 2013 at 11:53am:
I don't think so. They certainly didn't target civilians.

Methinks the History Books you read have deceived ye.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:Xpq4wFepprEJ:nationalhumanitiescenter...

IP Logged

Libertarian For Our Future
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2013 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
I'm still waiting to see what these "terrorists" look like. Has anyone ever seen one of them brought to trial yet? My argument is always the same on this topic, what are they doing, in their own country, that is hurting us? We can talk about 9/11, but I'd rather not get into the 'conspiracy theory' topic today, but only those who brought harm to us should be locked up & tried. Why was Osama Bin Laden killed before he was brought to trial? Again, not getting into theory talks, just trying to make a point.

If the worry is over Syria and them using chemical warfare, then I pose the question on why are we funding the rebel organization, which has known ties to Al Qaeda? If Egypt is a worry, where Morsi is turning the country into a dictatorship, again, why are we funding him? We can begin to look at Israel, who has continued to bomb Hamas for decades, and we are giving Israel the means to bomb them. Same thing with Turkey, we just gave them a ton of military equipment. Why, if the point is to be at peace with everyone, are we continuing to stir up trouble in every country?

Furthermore, since when has it become 'legal' to target American citizens with drones? The military has setup shop in Mali that will act as a drone site to perform drone strikes against the terrorists in that country. Why do we continue to attack other countries, destroy their life & existence, and then give them money to re-build their country?

If you ask me, the only terrorist I see in this world is the USA. Sad, but true.

IP Logged

Crystallas

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Feb 25th, 2013 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
keauxbi wrote on Feb 25th, 2013 at 12:11pm:
So long as their is support for war against "terrorists" the definition of "terrorist" will change to suit the governments need to attack people.

We are all terrorists. Every person, in or outside of government. Every Doctor, Salesperson, Couch-Potato, Cubicle-Dolt, Congressperson, Executive, and Judge. All terrorists.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Feb 25th, 2013 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Well, let me put it this way, I certainly wouldn't put our founding fathers in the same category with the 9/11 terrorists.

Didn't we just give Egypt a bunch of high tech military jets?  Obviously, these countries want our weaponry, just wonder what we're getting in return.  Sure, we stir up trouble, but trouble would be stirred up with or without us.  I just prefer without.

IP Logged

Zimobog

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2013 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
The real threat is from violent assholes, isn't it? No matter what mask it wears today, humans are just plain frightened by other humans who are violent aggressors.

We don't need to identify them beyond that: violent individuals.

I'm sure it is, Mr. Lefty Pants. I'll take your word for it.
The libertarian creed rests upon one central axiom: that no man or group of men may aggress against the person or property of anyone else.

IP Logged

Libertarian For Our Future
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Feb 25th, 2013 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Feb 25th, 2013 at 3:10pm:
Didn't we just give Egypt a bunch of high tech military jets? Obviously, these countries want our weaponry, just wonder what we're getting in return. Sure, we stir up trouble, but trouble would be stirred up with or without us. I just prefer without.

That was exactly the point I was making in my post, 2 posts above yours. It's not only Egypt we're aiding, but it's also Israel, the Rebel Army in Syria, Turkey, & even selling arms to Taiwan where China is getting upset that we are sticking our nose into their land disagreement with Japan.

To me, with us doing all of this, it's almost like the powers to be are saying 'Hey, here are the weapons, go ahead and start a war'. Then, from there, once everyone is at war and begins to point fingers at who started it, the USA will have to begin spending more money to fend off the 'terrorists'. Almost to the point where we're going to begin World War 3, single-handedly. If not, we're definitely fueling the violence in these countries.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Threat from Islamic Terrorists
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy