Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › AnCap=Monarchy?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) AnCap=Monarchy? (Read 2234 times)
Awesome
Libertarian Senior Member

AnCap=Monarchy?
Feb 24th, 2013 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Earlier, I compared Anarcho-Capitalism with feudalism and received very negative feedback about it. Now I have an idea that voluntarism is similar to monarchy. Since you have complete control on your property over rules, etc, your property is like a country in which you are the absolute sovereign. You have this right because people must agree with your rules in order to stay on your property. But doesn't this go back to all this fuss about the social contract? Does this mean that the SC is only legit in a monarchy? Thoughts?

I am sorry if this sounds ridiculous again, but I can't find a flaw my own reasoning yet.

NSA agents, if you can read this, your mother will die tomorrow.

IP Logged

Crystallas
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: AnCap=Monarchy?
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Has the NAA been applied yet?

IP Logged

Bourgeois

Counterrevolutionary
, Principle Foe of Dennis

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
I'm confused. Are you trying to say that monarchy is somehow bad? As a right-wing AnCap I am also an anarcho-monarchist.

"The government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer's teet until they have sore, chapped nipples."

IP Logged

Bourgeois

Counterrevolutionary
, Principle Foe of Dennis

Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Crystallas wrote on Feb 24th, 2013 at 5:23pm:
Has the NAA been applied yet?

Indeed, one could consider the NAA the ultimate and binding "social contract." In fact, we should make a Declaration of Non-Aggression when we found an Anarcho-Capitalist Society, upon which all law must be based.

"The government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer's teet until they have sore, chapped nipples."

IP Logged

Awesome

Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Bourgeois wrote on Feb 24th, 2013 at 5:23pm:
I'm confused. Are you trying to say that monarchy is somehow bad? As a right-wing AnCap I am also an anarcho-monarchist.

If you're talking to me, then no. I am actually considering that monarchy is a system where everyone can follow the NAA. Before I became libertarian, I actually liked monarchy. (I thought for a while already that democracy is overrated.) So if monarchy and voluntarism are compatible, then that's good because that makes all my utopian theories go together well.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Liberalterian

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Awesome wrote on Feb 24th, 2013 at 5:48pm:
If you're talking to me, then no. I am actually considering that monarchy is a system where everyone can follow the NAA. Before I became libertarian, I actually liked monarchy. (I thought for a while already that democracy is overrated.) So if monarchy and voluntarism are compatible, then that's good because that makes all my utopian theories go together well. Cheesy

You sound just like Bourgeois.

IP Logged

Crystallas

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
We could name a turtle or a dolphin as the monarch.

IP Logged

Liberalterian

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Crystallas wrote on Feb 24th, 2013 at 6:25pm:
We could name a turtle or a dolphin as the monarch.

Let's do it like South Park and name a rabbit the Monarch (as opposed to Pope). That way it will definitely be a libertarian Monarch, since he won't do anything to anyone else or tell anyone what to do. Grin

IP Logged

Awesome

Reply #8 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
If you voluntarily receive your property, you are the Monarch of that property. It's not about telling what to do, but about exchanging (being able to live on the property and paying a fee.) So when you rent an apartment, its owner is your monarch, and it is a legitimate social contract, since you weren't forced to rent in the first place. A democratic social contract isn't legit, because people randomly have power over each other without any voluntary processes. Dictatorship also isn't legit, because the dictator didn't acquire the land with homesteading or voluntary exchange.

IP Logged

Liberalterian

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Awesome wrote on Feb 24th, 2013 at 8:13pm:
If you voluntarily receive your property, you are the Monarch of that property. It's not about telling what to do, but about exchanging (being able to live on the property and paying a fee.) So when you rent an apartment, its owner is your monarch, and it is a legitimate social contract, since you weren't forced to rent in the first place. A democratic social contract isn't legit, because people randomly have power over each other without any voluntary processes. Dictatorship also isn't legit, because the dictator didn't acquire the land with homesteading or voluntary exchange.

Agreed, unless everything is owned by just a few people. If we had a situation where you could choose to live in a property by one of 5 available Global Landlords (just as rent) then you are subject to them. Is it really voluntary though at this point? Where else can I go? Let's say that literally ALL land is owned by just these few and they all dictate basically identical policies. What if they have their contracts stating that you must be willing to work for them without wage for so and so many hours to have permission to live on their land? There's literally no other option for you under such a situation. Since you can't go anywhere else you are forced into the contract for your very survival.

Thankfully we aren't quite to anything like that now BUT it is important to ask what if. What if we were in such a situation. Would we then view property rights differently than we do now? Why or why not?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › AnCap=Monarchy?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy