Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Dennis, the Liberal Traitor
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Dennis, the Liberal Traitor (Read 21877 times)
LibertariCAN
Libertarian Freedom Member

Freedom Forever

Re: Dennis, the Liberal Traitor
Reply #290 - Dec 9th, 2013 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Awesome wrote on Dec 9th, 2013 at 3:41am:
WOW, I just realized Molyneux uses TYPICAL leftist rhetoric: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgMCosMIsRs

Lmao wtf kind of garbage was that in that video? He uses logic in other areas that is solid, and in this video he is completely being intellectually lazy. What in the actual hell? As long as nobody is committing an act of aggression it doesn't matter. Then he sets up the dog straw-man: "what if I beat my dog then set him loose in the neighborhood?". Really? He's presenting this like some sort of genius idea when it has a simple answer that I'm sure we all understand here.

IP Logged

Josh

Stop looking at me like
that, you pervert.

Reply #291 - Dec 9th, 2013 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Awesome wrote on Dec 9th, 2013 at 12:10pm:
You live in a society! You don't live by yourself! Thus I care about your personal stuff, because I need to preemptively prevent you from affecting the world!

And then he goes on to say how we're not islands but a continent.

He also says there that "these are not your children!" I mean what's the point of having children then?

You don't "own" people. Rational people don't subscribe to an ideology of slavery (legitimacy of human ownership). "Your children" is a metaphorical phrase.

Anyway, what are invalid about the points that you live in a society and that you are not isolated? The Liberal would take this to justify violence which makes no logical sense, but it does not dismiss the fact that your actions have effect on others.

I like big butts and I cannot lie.

IP Logged

Coopers
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #292 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 1:27am
Print Post  
LibertariCAN wrote on Dec 9th, 2013 at 1:02pm:
Lmao wtf kind of garbage was that in that video? He uses logic in other areas that is solid, and in this video he is completely being intellectually lazy. What in the actual hell? As long as nobody is committing an act of aggression it doesn't matter. Then he sets up the dog straw-man: "what if I beat my dog then set him loose in the neighborhood?". Really? He's presenting this like some sort of genius idea when it has a simple answer that I'm sure we all understand here.

He isn't advocating government intervention though. He's simply stating all of our actions have reactions, and many end up affecting other people.

Still, I see your point, and acknowledge he could have made a much stronger argument. I would have thought he would mention the idea that children are in fact sovereign entities, and that the NAP should be applied to them. To a libertarian, surely that would make much more sense.

IP Logged

LibertariCAN

Freedom Forever

Reply #293 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Coopers wrote on Dec 10th, 2013 at 1:27am:
He isn't advocating government intervention though. He's simply stating all of our actions have reactions, and many end up affecting other people.

Still, I see your point, and acknowledge he could have made a much stronger argument. I would have thought he would mention the idea that children are in fact sovereign entities, and that the NAP should be applied to them. To a libertarian, surely that would make much more sense.

That's true, he wasn't advocating for government intervention,

The argument was just lazy thought; he just stated the obvious that eventually people affect each other.

IP Logged

Coopers
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #294 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Yep.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Dennis, the Liberal Traitor
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy