Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Fixing Federal Taxation
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Fixing Federal Taxation (Read 9697 times)
Norwegian Libertarian
Ex Member

Re: Fixing Federal Taxation
Reply #80 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
> Fixing Federal Taxation
> started by Shiva

No.

IP Logged

Shiva_TD
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Fixing Federal Taxation
Reply #81 - Dec 27th, 2013 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Quote:
> Fixing Federal Taxation
> started by Shiva

No.

An interesting statement lacking any explanation.

Are you opposed to reducing the size of the US government by approximately 1/3rd by privatizing Social Security that will all but eliminate it (except for a small safety net that will predominately not be used) as well as completely eliminating Medicare?

It has always been my position as a Libertarian that we should pragmatically and responsibly reduce the size and cost of government but apparently that is being opposed. Eventually eliminating what is going to grow to several trillions of dollars in annual taxation and cutting the size of government by about 1/3rd was quite appealing to me.

Or is the opposition to balancing the federal budget which my income tax proposal accomplishes?

Or is the opposition to a single tax rate that all Americans would pay above an exemption level (eliminating all personal tax deductions and tax credits) which would reduce welfare and ensure fair taxation across the board with no favoritism whatsoever?

Is my tax proposal too simple because it doesn't require 50,000 pages of tax law and cannot be corrupted by the politicans for nefarious political reasons?

What is the specific reason behind the "No" as expressed?

Obviously our tax codes today suck, deficit spending is fiscally irresponsible, and our government is way too big so why would you support all of this by opposing a proposal that address all three of these problems pragmatically and responsibly?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Fixing Federal Taxation
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy