Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Child Protection Agencies
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Child Protection Agencies (Read 4654 times)
Josh
Libertarian Freedom Member

Stop looking at me like
that, you pervert.

Re: Child Protection Agencies
Reply #30 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 9:57am
Print Post  
LOL "Honey, this household does not give handouts"  Grin

Actually, not feeding your children when they have no other option is equivalent to locking someone in your basement, letting them starve, and then claiming that you didn't murder that person -- all you did was temporarily kidnap him, and then he died on his own.

You're responsible for your own actions. If you cut off someone's leg, you have to provide that person with the necessary means to go about as if they did have a leg. The initial act doesn't even have to be aggressive: let's say you set up a ton of weapons on your property so you can press a button and fire them if the government evades (nothing wrong with that!). Now let's say your contraption malfunctions and everything fires off while there is a parade going on, and it kills hundreds of people. You are responsible for your actions: you are the one who set up the weapons and took that risk. You are now responsible for all those deaths.

When you bring a life into this world, you are responsible for that life. Because, when conceived, the life cannot sustain itself but needs a womb, the mother must provide the life with a womb. When the life is born and further cannot sustain itself due to the need for nurturing, feeding, clothing, etc., the parents are responsible for providing that (and, yes, they can sell/give that responsibility to someone else, but they are responsible for making sure that happens -- they can't leave the baby in a dumpster. If there is no means to give away/sell the child, they have to retain responsibility). The parent only loses his responsible to care for the child when the child becomes self-sufficient. 

I like big butts and I cannot lie.

IP Logged

LibertariCAN

Freedom Forever

Reply #31 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Walter Block's talk about children is quite interesting as well.

Essentially, he says that at the point where you stop providing for the child's survival, you are no longer the guardian (i.e. the legitimate parent).

IP Logged

Shiva_TD

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Dec 19th, 2013 at 8:37am
Print Post  
LibertariCAN wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:03pm:
So, if I ever say that I am a libertarian that is in favor of Nazi policies, then I am indeed no true libertarian  Grin

Using that as a context the Nazi regime was based upon invidious ethnic and racial discrimination so it if is true that "no libertarian" would support Nazi policies then my statement is absolutely correct. Racism and racial discrimination was Nazi policy that a libertarian would be opposed to. Is that not accurate?

IP Logged

Shiva_TD

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Dec 19th, 2013 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
I found this on facebook  Grin Grin Grin:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1525303_586920688046081_7...

"Girl: Daddy, I'm hungry. Please make make something to eat.

Father: Honey, this household does not give handouts You are responsible for your own survival. Get a job or better yet start your own business so you will never be hungry again.

Girl: But you are my daddy. You're supposed to take care of me.

Father: I do not consent to making you a meal. You may not force me to do so otherwise. I am not your slave. I am a free sovereign man. It's my natural right to ignore your needs and only care for mine. Remember the NAP, statist thingy.

Such is life in a libertarian world."

One person cannot "own" another person, period.

The guardianship of a child (regardless of whether it is the mother or someone else) is based upon a voluntary agreement where the "adult" assumes legal guardianship and agrees to comply with the laws that protect the Rights and Welfare of the child.

The "mother" assumes that voluntary obligation in the United States when she removes the baby from the hospital after the birth of the child based upon statutory law. She can choose to leave the baby at the hospital and never become responsible for the child. In such cases the "State" will find a voluntary adult to assume responsibility under the law for the child.

That is very much "libertarian" in concept and design so the voluntary guardian has accepted the conditions of the "contract" in becoming the legal guardian of the child and the "State" is merely enforcing the "contract" with child protection services.

Do any libertarians oppose the "law of contract" where the voluntary parties involved are required to fulfill the conditions of the contract?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Child Protection Agencies
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy