Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › National/Public Parks
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) National/Public Parks (Read 3059 times)
Josh
Libertarian Freedom Member

Stop looking at me like
that, you pervert.

Re: National/Public Parks
Reply #30 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 9:51am
Print Post  
LibertariCAN wrote on Dec 13th, 2013 at 9:41am:
So government can't own land, and people can't own land.

Therefore, we need a government to give us legal jurisdiction over a certain piece of land?

Exactly.

Government = God

I like big butts and I cannot lie.

IP Logged

Liberalterian

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 11:37am
Print Post  
LibertariCAN wrote on Dec 13th, 2013 at 9:41am:
So government can't own land, and people can't own land.

Therefore, we need a government to give us legal jurisdiction over a certain piece of land?

Yeah I think the ideas that Shiva is saying makes about as much sense as "the divine right of kings". Both are really just made up. If the Government doesn't own any land then I should be free to do as I please with the land they claim to control. Fact is, they own or control or "manage" LOTS of land and we should give complete control over the vast majority of that land to private entities instead of Government Bureaucracies, Corporatist-Statist interests, and Military interests.

IP Logged

Shiva_TD

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Liberalterian wrote on Dec 13th, 2013 at 11:37am:
Yeah I think the ideas that Shiva is saying makes about as much sense as "the divine right of kings". Both are really just made up. If the Government doesn't own any land then I should be free to do as I please with the land they claim to control. Fact is, they own or control or "manage" LOTS of land and we should give complete control over the vast majority of that land to private entities instead of Government Bureaucracies, Corporatist-Statist interests, and Military interests.

Based upon the Inalienable Rights of the Person you could so long as you didn't violate the land that you don't own or violate the Rights of another Person that has equal Rights to the land.

As I've noted elsewhere there is a paradox related to the Rights of Property when discussing land and that paradox needs to be addressed in a pragmatic manner. To date it has not been addressed and we're still applying the concept of the "Divine Right of Kings" where the King (government) owned all of the land.

I merely point out the flaws with our current understanding of the Right of Property when it relates to either land or natural resources as these are not "products of our labor" and we have no Inalienable Right of Property related to either based upon an Inalienable Right of the Person.

That is something I attempted to address previously when I addressed the "settler v nomad" as both have the same Right to the Use of the identical piece of Land. The Inalienable Rights of Each must be addressed as the Rights of one cannot violate the Rights of the other.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › National/Public Parks
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy