Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Spooner, Rothbard, Rockwell, Tom Woods, Walter Block in NY Times!?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Spooner, Rothbard, Rockwell, Tom Woods, Walter Block in NY Times!? (Read 2816 times)
Philo_Beddoe
Ex Member

Re: Spooner, Rothbard, Rockwell, Tom Woods, Walter Block in NY Times!?
Reply #20 - Apr 4th, 2014 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 4th, 2014 at 3:48pm:
Shiva is a 'progressive' cog of the "useful idiot" variety. Don't expect coherence or clear language.

I'd think about how a right could be infringed without disparaging it, but I'm afraid I'd start thinking like Shiva. It's not something worth considering until we find out what the meaning of the word "is" is.

Yeah it seems like many of Shiva's posts are overly verbose and chock full of flowery language without actually saying much.  That fits the progressive MO if you ask me.

IP Logged

Philo_Beddoe
Ex Member

Re: Spooner, Rothbard, Rockwell, Tom Woods, Walter Block in NY Times!?
Reply #21 - Apr 4th, 2014 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Shiva_TD wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 4:22am:
From the NY Times article itself there was a single sentence that summed up the fundamental problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/us/politics/rand-pauls-mixed-inheritance.html?...

Rand Paul, and many in the extremist Tea Party movement had long been "self-identifying" themselves as "libertarians" and they are not. They're extremist right-wing Republicans that are anything but libertarian in their overall political philosophy. Just because a person promotes a few "libertarian" philosophies doesn't make them a libertarian.

Rand Paul, and his father Ron Paul, were never really libertarians but instead are extremist right-wing Republicans. I actually on the the Campaign for Liberty email list and it is NOT a libertarian organization. 

The problem is that so many people and the media are completely ignorant of libertarian political ideology and they believe and promote the belief that people like Rand Paul and Ron Paul represent libertarian beliefs when they don't.

The Libertarian Party itself has repeatedly condemned the Tea Party movement because it represents itself as being libertarian when it is not.

Has anyone ever told you that you quack just like a degenerate, collectivist, leftist reprobate?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Spooner, Rothbard, Rockwell, Tom Woods, Walter Block in NY Times!?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy