Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › For "copblock" libertarians...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) For "copblock" libertarians... (Read 1810 times)
Nate
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: For "copblock" libertarians...
Reply #20 - Apr 15th, 2014 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
LibertariCAN wrote on Apr 15th, 2014 at 8:25pm:
That's fine. I knew what you were going for.

For what it's worth, I don't believe that libertarians should water down their discussions either, but we have to at times admit when some of our ideas seem "radical" to the mainstream.

Oh sure haha. I don't think anyone's unaware of that though.

IP Logged

Nate
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 12:50am
Print Post  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wneBHaxvIhU

I watched this today. This guy doesn't have it everything right in terms of what the government considers his rights to be, but he definitely stuck to his guns on the window question.

There's no doubt in my mind that based on the Constitution that citizens OUGHT not be required to roll down their window, at least not any more than is necessary to talk to the police. The explicitly stated purpose for having people roll down their windows all the way is so that officers can SMELL ALCOHOL. That means that by requiring people to roll down their windows, they're demanding that they BE A WITNESS AGAINST THEMSELVES. Gah! Capitals are not necessary to make the point, but goodness this is exactly why the fifth amendment exists! Now it'd just be a matter of getting the judge to make a ruling on that. RAAGE.

Also, a little bit more rage: why the crappity smack can these thugs surround this guy's truck on a suspicionless stop with guns, but if he has a gun then they all freak the crappity smack out??? Who is the guy who wants to be left alone, and who is harassing whom?

Plus, he got arrested. Just rage all around.

IP Logged

Nate
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Oh, and if someone doesn't want to bother watching that the cops just sit there and say he had to roll down the window until he did. The other thing I'm curious about is if they can make you get out of the car; if they can, then the window thing seems to be kind of a moot point.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › For "copblock" libertarians...
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy