Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Alright, so I admit...
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Alright, so I admit... (Read 9426 times)
Josh
Libertarian Freedom Member

Stop looking at me like
that, you pervert.

Alright, so I admit...
Apr 1st, 2014 at 10:09am
Print Post  
I've been pretty stubborn. Shiva and Dennis have been trying to get through to me but I keep shutting them out. I admit: sometimes, the government can cause good things to come about. For example, requiring labels allows consumers to be informed consumers, and if the consumers are not informed about what they're buying, can the transaction really be considered "voluntary"? If I bought a gun which turned out to be fake, the transaction would not be voluntary as it was my impression that what I was buying was a real gun. So yes, in this sense, labeling things can have a good effect.

More importantly, though, I have been naively assuming that if the state were to disappear everything would just "fall into place." Whether I like it or not, that's not how the world works. You can't just get rid of one the most integral functions of society and expect life to keep going. I'm not an economics expert or a well-versed philosopher, as I have been pretending to be. I don't know everything there is to know about these subjects, and making these assumptions that everything would economically work out because of my personal morality is kind of ridiculous.

So, I admit it: there needs to be limited government to take care of a few things here and there as a safety measure. You guys were right, Dennis and Shiva. I was wrong. I'm sorry.

I like big butts and I cannot lie.

IP Logged

Crystallas

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Alright, so I admit...
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 10:20am
Print Post  
About time. Shiva has been rubbing off on me too.

IP Logged

Liberalterian

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 10:21am
Print Post  
I love April First.  Smiley

Also, don't forget about how important it is to have public funding for Scientific Research. Wink

IP Logged

Crystallas

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 10:25am
Print Post  
You know, taxes really are the only way to fund anything. I didn't realize it until recently. What a great concept.

IP Logged

Liberalterian

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Crystallas wrote on Apr 1st, 2014 at 10:25am:
You know, taxes really are the only way to fund anything. I didn't realize it until recently. What a great concept.

Actually I couldn't agree more! Did you know that the Public Sector is actually the most efficient and that the Private Sector fails to successfully compete with the State in every industry?

In fact, State Stores are vastly superior to Private ones! After all, people are paid a living wage AND food prices there are set to Living Prices! Which means we don't see any rationing at all due to Milk costing 50 cents a gallon, why? Because the Government is super efficient and not wasteful in the least!

Oh and Congress is made up of highly intelligent and hardworking individuals who truly care about this country!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Josh wrote on Apr 1st, 2014 at 10:09am:
I've been pretty stubborn. Shiva and Dennis have been trying to get through to me but I keep shutting them out. I admit: sometimes, the government can cause good things to come about. For example, requiring labels allows consumers to be informed consumers, and if the consumers are not informed about what they're buying, can the transaction really be considered "voluntary"? If I bought a gun which turned out to be fake, the transaction would not be voluntary as it was my impression that what I was buying was a real gun. So yes, in this sense, labeling things can have a good effect.

More importantly, though, I have been naively assuming that if the state were to disappear everything would just "fall into place." Whether I like it or not, that's not how the world works. You can't just get rid of one the most integral functions of society and expect life to keep going. I'm not an economics expert or a well-versed philosopher, as I have been pretending to be. I don't know everything there is to know about these subjects, and making these assumptions that everything would economically work out because of my personal morality is kind of ridiculous.

So, I admit it: there needs to be limited government to take care of a few things here and there as a safety measure. You guys were right, Dennis and Shiva. I was wrong. I'm sorry.

You think people read those labels? Not very many do, and if it's something they want anyway, they buy it and use it.

If you bought a fake gun, you'd just be a fool, although the person who defrauded you would be liable.
Good advice would be to find out something about what you're buying, or take somebody with you who knows something about what you're buying.

You've been assuming anarchy would have a good result? I though only 'progressives' dreamed nonsense like that. Are you 10 years old?

As to limited government, yes, libertarians have been working for a return to limited government since our Constitution was subverted. It's just what we need, our Constitution limiting government again.

I don't think Shiva likes that idea, or Dennis either. Or you Josh- it sounds like you've lost your mind. Have you been Borged?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Josh

Stop looking at me like
that, you pervert.

Reply #6 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 1st, 2014 at 5:17pm:
You think people read those labels? Not very many do, and if it's something they want anyway, they buy it and use it.

A lot of people do. If people want to be informed, they have that right.

Quote:
If you bought a fake gun, you'd just be a fool, although the person who defrauded you would be liable.
Good advice would be to find out something about what you're buying, or take somebody with you who knows something about what you're buying.

"Just let the bad stuff happen then sue afterward." Why not put  up a sign that says "don't poison the well" rather than trying to hunt down whoever poisons the well after everyone is already dead? Precautions are necessary.

Quote:
You've been assuming anarchy would have a good result? I though only 'progressives' dreamed nonsense like that. Are you 10 years old?

I know. I was retarded. But now I see the light.

Quote:
As to limited government, yes, libertarians have been working for a return to limited government since our Constitution was subverted. It's just what we need, our Constitution limiting government again.

I don't think Shiva likes that idea, or Dennis either. Or you Josh- it sounds like you've lost your mind. Have you been Borged?

Yes we do need limited government but we need some government. Like you say, only a 10-year-old would think anarchy is a good idea.

I like big butts and I cannot lie.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Josh wrote on Apr 1st, 2014 at 5:47pm:
A lot of people do. If people want to be informed, they have that right.

"Just let the bad stuff happen then sue afterward." Why not put up a sign that says "don't poison the well" rather than trying to hunt down whoever poisons the well after everyone is already dead? Precautions are necessary.

I know. I was retarded. But now I see the light.

Yes we do need limited government but we need some government. Like you say, only a 10-year-old would think anarchy is a good idea.

OK, this was April Fool stuff. I wasn't paying attention to the date, and only read the first post.
"Don't poison the well." That will work, for sure.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Liberalterian

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Too bad it was April Fools because I was agreeing with everything Josh said in here...  Grin

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Liberalterian wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 11:49am:
Too bad it was April Fools because I was agreeing with everything Josh said in here... Grin

You mean like if we suddenly had no government at all, everything would just be beautiful, peaceful, happy, healthy and loving?
So it must be the government that's causing all these people to break the law, rob and rape, pillage and murder?

Is there science to support that theory?

No, sorry, you probably meant the part about you knowing nothing and your philosophy being silly.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Alright, so I admit...
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy