Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumInformation Board › Yay, we're back.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Yay, we're back. (Read 3973 times)
Crystallas
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Yay, we're back.
Apr 22nd, 2014 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Glad to see the site back. What happened?

And BTW, I've been running and developing a number of different forums, and forum software/bbs since the 80s. If you ever need a hand, I'm willing to help you.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Yay, we're back.
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2014 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
+Crystallas, who are all the people in the pic you include with every post?
I recognize some of them, but not many...

IP Logged

Crystallas

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - May 29th, 2014 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 18th, 2014 at 4:59pm:
+Crystallas, who are all the people in the pic you include with every post?
I recognize some of them, but not many...

The legend is under the picture. This is a message board, and a feature of message boards is using a signature. It's included in every post by default, and you can change this under your UserCP.

It's a list of influential libertarian and like-minded people. Few were not libertarian-minded, not all were libertarians all of the time, some were later in their lives, others developed philosophies that are ideologically neutral and present accurate concepts that help us better understand the world we live in. There are more than what I have in my list, however, I only add the ones that I have read every book or major work(with journalists and professors, it is impossible to read every work, thus why it is also selective). Not just reading, but liking what they contribute. I could easily add another 200 that qualify, but that would be overkill. The ones here are the best starting points.

The idea of having a collage of influences aids in understanding libertarianism. There is quite a bit of objectivity to liberty minded persons, and having somewhere to go for more information is paramount, otherwise you have a bunch of people running around basing definitions on a sheer guess. Perception based meanings, opposed to a meaning based perception.

IP Logged

Josh

Stop looking at me like
that, you pervert.

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2014 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Crystallas wrote on May 29th, 2014 at 4:46pm:
The legend is under the picture. This is a message board, and a feature of message boards is using a signature. It's included in every post by default, and you can change this under your UserCP.

It's a list of influential libertarian and like-minded people. Few were not libertarian-minded, not all were libertarians all of the time, some were later in their lives, others developed philosophies that are ideologically neutral and present accurate concepts that help us better understand the world we live in. There are more than what I have in my list, however, I only add the ones that I have read every book or major work(with journalists and professors, it is impossible to read every work, thus why it is also selective). Not just reading, but liking what they contribute. I could easily add another 200 that qualify, but that would be overkill. The ones here are the best starting points.

The idea of having a collage of influences aids in understanding libertarianism. There is quite a bit of objectivity to liberty minded persons, and having somewhere to go for more information is paramount, otherwise you have a bunch of people running around basing definitions on a sheer guess. Perception based meanings, opposed to a meaning based perception.

But by far the most libertarian on the picture is Waldo.

I like big butts and I cannot lie.

IP Logged

Crystallas

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - May 30th, 2014 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Josh wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 8:18pm:
But by far the most libertarian on the picture is Waldo.

Waldo don't give a f***. He's at every rally.

IP Logged

Land of Freedom
Libertarian's Forum Administrator

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

LibertariansForum.com The LF Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumInformation Board › Yay, we're back.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy