Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How to make decisions
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How to make decisions (Read 7563 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How to make decisions
Reply #70 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The same plan we have now: pay people to kill them if they aggress. This is not rocket science, Jeff.

Great! So there will probably be some organizations in the border States asking for donations so they can create their own private armies? I probably won't be able to afford to help them, I'll be busy trying to protect my life and property from local gangs of barbarians.
Come to think of it, you're talking about a pretty barbaric society... "...kill them if they aggress."

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Dissident Right
Ex Member

Reply #71 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 4:36pm:
Come to think of it, you're talking about a pretty barbaric society... "...kill them if they aggress."

You just said that the threat is MEXICAN NARCO TERRORISTS who are trying to CONQUER the Southwest. I was responding specifically to that. The whole reason you gave that example is because the only way to stop them is to kill them.

Jeff wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 4:36pm:
So there will probably be some organizations in the border States asking for donations so they can create their own private armies? I probably won't be able to afford to help them, I'll be busy trying to protect my life and property from local gangs of barbarians.

Sucks to be you? The rest of us will be voluntarily funding that private security to protect ourselves from those local gangs you’re so afraid of. But if you want to go it alone, hey, be my guest.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #72 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You just said that the threat is MEXICAN NARCO TERRORISTS who are trying to CONQUER the Southwest. I was responding specifically to that. The whole reason you gave that example is because the only way to stop them is to kill them.

Sucks to be you? The rest of us will be voluntarily funding that private security to protect ourselves from those local gangs you’re so afraid of. But if you want to go it alone, hey, be my guest.

Aggression is often deterred by good defensive security, but good defensive security on the level of nation states, like Mexico, is expensive and requires good organization and discipline. Something like an army. Narco gangs aren't going to try to take over California while the U.S. military forces stand ready to crush them if they try. Hopefully, no killing will be necessary.

I would gladly fund private security on our border states, I'm glad to help fund national security in general, especially if it's done through Constitutional taxation. But If I have to secure and defend my own home and neighborhood, I won't have any resources left to send to California.

I don't want to "go it alone", I want a limited government to protect my life, liberty and property.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Dissident Right
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
So now Mexico is the threat? I thought it was Mexican narco terrorists. We do not need a full-fledged national army to put down a few uppity drug lords.

Anyway, if your community is so crime-ridden that it would exhaust all your resources just to keep your property safe, I 1) feel sorry for you, 2) recommend you move, and 3) think you are lying.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So now Mexico is the threat? I thought it was Mexican narco terrorists. We do not need a full-fledged national army to put down a few uppity drug lords.

Anyway, if your community is so crime-ridden that it would exhaust all your resources just to keep your property safe, I 1) feel sorry for you, 2) recommend you move, and 3) think you are lying.

That's true, the State Police of the border states could possibly handle it, although that's not what they're saying right now... they say they are stretched thin by domestic problems. And who knows what Mexico might do if there wasn't any government north of the border?

No, my community has relatively little crime, but lots of potential criminals. Stop paying them welfare and disability and medicaid, stop supporting their unproductive lives, and quite a few people would steal for a living, especially if the police and the courts and the jails disappeared. 
I assume there will be some transition period between the current evil statist law and law enforcement and system of justice and the establishment of wonderful "private" police and courts and jails? That's when I'm going to be busy defending my property and my life.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

pjkon
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #75 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
I think this is where someone brings up the libertarian idea (which I think is born out by quite a bit of evidence, though I have heard about a small amount of contradictory data) that widespread private possession of arms is fairly effective in deterring small time criminals.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #76 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 10:57am
Print Post  
pjkon wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 5:59pm:
I think this is where someone brings up the libertarian idea (which I think is born out by quite a bit of evidence, though I have heard about a small amount of contradictory data) that widespread private possession of arms is fairly effective in deterring small time criminals.

I think the right of self defense predates all political philosophies. It's not even a strictly human right.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How to make decisions
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy