Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Would a privatized police force be bad? why so? fedex adn ups do mail
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Would a privatized police force be bad? why so? fedex adn ups do mail (Read 4139 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Would a privatized police force be bad? why so? fedex adn ups do mail
Reply #30 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 1:39am
Print Post  
kypho wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 12:00am:
it would simply replace lazy burocrats with accountable private employees

The problem is who they are (and are not) accountable to.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Libertas

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
The police must be public-privat institution when employer must be peoples.For exemple each police station have a number of police (10 in this exemple) and each police station is responsible safety of a number of people( 10,000 adults in this exemple).This means 1 cop to 1000 adult peoples.If 1000 people sign for one respectable member of comunity to be cop,that person will be cop.If in the community (town,city quarter) is not many people who sign for the cops,priority have they with more much signature.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Libertas wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 3:55pm:
The police must be public-privat institution when employer must be peoples.For exemple each police station have a number of police (10 in this exemple) and each police station is responsible safety of a number of people( 10,000 adults in this exemple).This means 1 cop to 1000 adult peoples.If 1000 people sign for one respectable member of comunity to be cop,that person will be cop.If in the community (town,city quarter) is not many people who sign for the cops,priority have they with more much signature.

It's much easier the way it's done where I live. We elect a county Sheriff, and he hires and fires as he sees fit. His budget is controlled by the elected county board of supervisors, who's job is to supervise our country government, including the Sheriff's department. I don't have time myself to try to figure out if candidates for the sheriff's department are fine upstanding people or not.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kypho
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 3:39pm:
I think you might be right! Wasn't the KGB a sort of 'private' police force? I think that's what the DHS is too...
I guess you're talking about something different... has such a thing ever existed? I mean outside of the law and law enforcement and system of justice provide by government?
I think, in a state of nature, 'private police forces' are called warriors, and whoever has the most and best warriors, wins.

kgb and dhs are government police
basics man
basics

IP Logged

kypho
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 1:37am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 15th, 2014 at 1:39am:
The problem is who they are (and are not) accountable to.

solution is FIRE the bad one, as a private boss would DO

now they just get slap, or taxpayers foot bill for massive government lawyer based lawsuit, and individual animal goes free unpunished

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 11:30am
Print Post  
kypho wrote on Sep 19th, 2014 at 1:36am:
kgb and dhs are government police
basics man
basics

In a nation with a government of, by and for the people, agencies like KGB and DHS would obviously not be "private" police forces. But the KGB exists solely to keep the Party in power, and it's used entirely against the interests of the people, so I say it's a "private" force.
We know the mission of our local police- to protect our lives and property. What's the mission of DHS? To keep our government safe from enemies, foreign and domestic? Including people who want limited Constitutional government, since limited Constitutional government is a threat to our current unlimited government.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Would a privatized police force be bad? why so? fedex adn ups do mail
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy