Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "The Gates of Hell"
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) "The Gates of Hell" (Read 2517 times)
Tommy Palven
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

"The Gates of Hell"
Sep 9th, 2014 at 3:41am
Print Post  

"Chase them to the gates of Hell" is a pretty cool phrase.

I was wondering who Biden stole it from, so I Googled it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gates_of_Hell

The original plaster statue by Rodin called "The Gates of Hell" is in Paris.

If Biden plans to chase Mid-Eastern rebels to Paris, sounds like as good a plan as any I've heard.

It would make the Mid-East safer for elite royalty and tyrants like Bashar Assad and General al-Sisi, but I pity the poor Parisians having to put up with Biden..

IP Logged

Tommy Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Re: "The Gates of Hell"
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Further inquiry found that John McCain had said a few years ago that the US would chase Osama bin Laden to the gates of hell.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Tommy Palven wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 8:33am:
Further inquiry found that John McCain had said a few years ago that the US would chase Osama bin Laden to the gates of hell.

I've heard that name, John McCain. He was a really good prisoner of war, I think he got some kind of award.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

pjkon
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
At least Osama Bin Laden made it to the gates of hell.  I'd say its the only good thing the U.S. government has done in some years now...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
pjkon wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 4:21pm:
At least Osama Bin Laden made it to the gates of hell.  I'd say its the only good thing the U.S. government has done in some years now...

Habeus corpus.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Tommy Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:14pm:
Habeus corpus.

Good point.

One big point that the general public seems unaware of, is that while the powers-that-be have claimed that the rebels in the Mid-East are scary Islamists who might impose sharia law on people, Saudi Arabia, America's great ally, already practices sharia law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_system_of_Saudi_Arabia

How are the homeboys going to install Islamic fundamentalism and sharia law in Saudi Arabia if they manage to overthrow King Abdullah, when it's already there?
https://www.google.com/search?q=george+bush+and+king+abdullah+pics&rlz=1T4MXGB_e...

Of course the Associated Press won't mention this fact, but what about the other mainstream media?  Apparently they are going to go along with the political elite and have us continue to fight on the wrong side of liberty, as we did in Vietnam.

IP Logged

pjkon

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:14pm:
Habeus corpus.

Did you mean to quote my post? Habeas corpus as a legal principle first of all doesn't apply to soldiers on the other side of a war...I'd be open to the idea that Osama Bin Laden should have had a trial to ensure that he was indeed a terrorist, but he himself affirmed his terrorist activities, so I don't think there was much doubt as to his being a combatant...

Or are you actually using the Latin "bring me the body" as in "show me the proof?"

IP Logged

pjkon

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Tommy Palven wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:35pm:
Good point.

One big point that the general public seems unaware of, is that while the powers-that-be have claimed that the rebels in the Mid-East are scary Islamists who might impose sharia law on people, Saudi Arabia, America's great ally, already practices sharia law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_system_of_Saudi_Arabia

How are the homeboys going to install Islamic fundamentalism and sharia law in Saudi Arabia if they manage to overthrow King Abdullah, when it's already there?

Of course the Associated Press won't mention this fact, but what about the other mainstream media?  Apparently they are going to go along with the political elite and have us continue to fight on the wrong side of liberty, as we did in Vietnam.

I'm trying very hard to be patient with the never ending Saudi Arabia references.  Delete key is my friend.  You do realize that this isn't actually topical here.  Saudi Arabia has nothing to do with Bin Laden, or ISIS, or even as far as I know Biden..

IP Logged

Tommy Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
pjkon wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Did you mean to quote my post? Habeas corpus as a legal principle first of all doesn't apply to soldiers on the other side of a war...I'd be open to the idea that Osama Bin Laden should have had a trial to ensure that he was indeed a terrorist, but he himself affirmed his terrorist activities, so I don't think there was much doubt as to his being a combatant...

Or are you actually using the Latin "bring me the body" as in "show me the proof?"

I can't speak for Jeff, but I took him to mean "Show me the body."

IP Logged

Tommy Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
pjkon wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:43pm:
I'm trying very hard to be patient with the never ending Saudi Arabia references.  Delete key is my friend.  You do realize that this isn't actually topical here.  Saudi Arabia has nothing to do with Bin Laden, or ISIS, or even as far as I know Biden..

Saudi Arabia sure as hell does have something to do with ISIS and with Obama's upcoming speech, whether he mentions Saudi Arabia by name or not. 
https://www.google.com/search?q=george+bush+and+king+abdullah+pics&rlz=1T4MXGB_e...

Don't you think that libertarians should experience more than a little cognitive dissonance in trying to support the US alliances with General al Sisi of Egypt and King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, who both represent the extreme opposite of individual liberty?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "The Gates of Hell"
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy