Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › LP says get out of Iraq and Syria
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) LP says get out of Iraq and Syria (Read 21716 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Small Government Libertarian

Re: LP says get out of Iraq and Syria
Reply #510 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 1:06pm:
If a soldier volunteers to defend their country, then are commanded to attack a foreign country, it is their duty to resign/refuse.

One hint to even the DUMBEST soldier should be if the fighting is occuring in THEIR country or SOMEONE ELSE's.

ffs.

I come from a military family and military community.  I originally supported Gulf War I thinking it was defensive for middle east terror.  Over time though, I realized that nothing changes in the middle east and it's not in our interest.

The military still believe they are doing the right thing and defending us.  They're good people, and they're the ones we want doing that job.  Our political leaders are amoral scum, that's where we need the change

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him - Groucho Marx

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way - Mark Twain

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #511 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 3:10pm:
I come from a military family and military community.  I originally supported Gulf War I thinking it was defensive for middle east terror.  Over time though, I realized that nothing changes in the middle east and it's not in our interest.

The military still believe they are doing the right thing and defending us.  They're good people, and they're the ones we want doing that job.  Our political leaders are amoral scum, that's where we need the change
I had an inspiration about this, but I didn't write it down and now I can't remember it...

It's not a problem for me.  Inspirations that come without making much of an impression sometimes come back, and sometimes they don't. Don't expect me to waste whats left of my life writing down inspirations  just so I can entertain myself by posting obvious shit and laughing at the lizard.

The lizard is too much of a sad sack to get much fun out of laughing at it. Cry

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #512 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
The printers of money (Central Banks) have a lot of influence in waging war. They know that there needs to be massive loans to pay for the massive weapons that do mass destruction.

And they know that once all the infrastructure is demolished by the the massive weapons, its going to take more massive loans to rebuild the infrastructure that was demolished.

Not to mention all the loans that will need to pay for a the physical and psychological rehabilitation to the soldiers who return home all busted up or dysfunctional from PTSD.

Bankers love war.  They are always the true victors, no matter which side "wins" the war.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #513 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:38pm:
The printers of money (Central Banks) have a lot of influence in waging war.
That depends. Crony relationships have varied widely throughout our history.

Sometimes The Church decided to make war and The State helped out. Sometimes The State abolished religion and made war all on it's own...

There has been a lot of variety, none of it good.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #514 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 3:10pm:

Nobody even claimed the first war on Iraq had anything to do with terror. Maybe you weren't old enough to understand the lie that was put forward to justify it?

Your military people for the most part don't care if they're doing the right thing. They're doing the job for the money. It's one of the safest jobs you can get and it pays as well as any other job uneducated people can hold down.

And of course there are the killers who just want to be able to kill people. You'll know those veterans because they will be the ones paying the high price when they come home.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #515 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:54pm:
Nobody even claimed the first war on Iraq had anything to do with terror.
I remember! 

It was Iraq's invasion of Kuwait that drew UN condemnation!

Libertarians will be willing to debate you on the close connection between war and terror.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #516 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:58pm:
I remember! 

It was Iraq's invasion of Kuwait that drew UN condemnation!

Libertarians will be willing to debate you on the close connection between war and terror.

Correct! It was Iraq's invasion of Kuwait that was used for the excuse. That was another lie. The reason was the same as the second time. You suggested it was connected to terror and you were wrong.

I'm more than happy to talk about the connections, and/or lack of connections.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #517 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Def Secty MATTIS:

"We're not winning in Afghanistan right now."

“We will correct this as soon as possible.”

Arizona Sen. John McCain warned Mattis that senators will “start getting more vocal in our criticism” if a plan isn’t delivered soon!

Hmmm.  the plan they've been using for THE PAST SIXTEEN YEARS hasn't worked too well.  Mabe change the gameplan for THE LONGEST WAR IN US HISTORY?

Get out.  It's a war that cannot be won.  The Soviets learned this hard lesson in 1989.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #518 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 11:59am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 10:57am:
Def Secty MATTIS:

"We're not winning in Afghanistan right now."

“We will correct this as soon as possible.”

Arizona Sen. John McCain warned Mattis that senators will “start getting more vocal in our criticism” if a plan isn’t delivered soon!

Hmmm.  the plan they've been using for THE PAST SIXTEEN YEARS hasn't worked too well.  Mabe change the gameplan for THE LONGEST WAR IN US HISTORY?

Get out.  It's a war that cannot be won.  The Soviets learned this hard lesson in 1989. 

It's just been announced that the US is sending 4000 more troops to Afghanistan. No doubt the US thinks it can win this one.

I predict that it won't but it will prevent losing and that's really all that matters now. Americans will accept it for the most part, other than when the other side gets in some serious licks that cost lives.

IP Logged

kaz

Small Government Libertarian

Reply #519 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 11:59am:
It's just been announced that the US is sending 4000 more troops to Afghanistan. No doubt the US thinks it can win this one.

I predict that it won't but it will prevent losing and that's really all that matters now. Americans will accept it for the most part, other than when the other side gets in some serious licks that cost lives.

You'd have thought we'd learn from the four British invasions, the USSR invasion as well as our own, now the longest war in US history, that we can't win in Afghanistan.  No one can.  It's a tribal system that defies any central government. 

I have an idea.  What if US policy was to stay out of other people's shit and only attack them if they attack or threaten us?  Wouldn't the Taliban quickly lose interest in abetting attacking us?

Makes too much sense.  Two things we know in life.  Americans never learn when it comes to military excursions and Canadians never stop living on our scraps.  Oh sure, some will yap here or there, but Canadians love to live on the dole.  And they're such a reliable lap dog and so small they're cheap to feed, so why the hell not?

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him - Groucho Marx

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way - Mark Twain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › LP says get out of Iraq and Syria
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy