Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › LP says get out of Iraq and Syria
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) LP says get out of Iraq and Syria (Read 28395 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: LP says get out of Iraq and Syria
Reply #520 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 12:06pm:
You'd have thought we'd learn from the four British invasions, the USSR invasion as well as our own, now the longest war in US history, that we can't win in Afghanistan.  No one can.  It's a tribal system that defies any central government. 

I have an idea.  What if US policy was to stay out of other people's shit and only attack them if they attack or threaten us?  Wouldn't the Taliban quickly lose interest in abetting attacking us?

Your post is worth replying to if the nonsense is censored out so I've done that.

You seem to have missed the point that the US is assuring that it doesn't lose in Afghanistan. And by doing that you ignore the simple fact that the other side in the equation is going to move in to fill the vacuum if the US retreats. The sentiments of the people are now firmly fixed against the West and so they're ready to accept the other side, which I'll refer to as the BRICS. The other side will move in a more subtle way and not militarily. Afghanistan itself will look after the military aspect when the US loses heart and does the equivalent of the Vietnam tail between it's legs escape.

US sending 4000 more troops to Afghanistan is smart from a US global POV.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #521 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 12:22pm:
Your post is worth replying to if the nonsense is censored out so I've done that.

You seem to have missed the point that the US is assuring that it doesn't lose in Afghanistan. And by doing that you ignore the simple fact that the other side in the equation is going to move in to fill the vacuum if the US retreats. The sentiments of the people are now firmly fixed against the West and so they're ready to accept the other side, which I'll refer to as the BRICS. The other side will move in a more subtle way and not militarily. Afghanistan itself will look after the military aspect when the US loses heart and does the equivalent of the Vietnam tail between it's legs escape.

US sending 4000 more troops to Afghanistan is smart from a US global POV.

Swish

1)  It's always worth the time to make fun of Canadians, eh?

2)  The rest of your post is just snotty and doesn't address what I said.  I said history shows us that we won't win.  All you said is in the short term that we won't lose, that doesn't contradict what I said.  And then you go on to demonstrate ... my ... point that eventually we tired of Vietnam and pulled out so we lost there.

Bringing up Vietnam was a bizarre example for you to bring up to make my case, but whatever.  No one said Canadians were smart

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #522 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 12:30pm:
Swish

I said history shows us that we won't win.  All you said is in the short term that we won't lose, that doesn't contradict what I said. 

I think it's true that your country won't win in the traditional sense. Hardly any wars in the 21st. century will be 'won'. There's no definite enemy to defeat. There's you answer.

Winning now in the 21st. century is nothing more than making sure you don't lose. If the US pulls out of Afghanistan then the BRICS will be invited to move in and then that becomes the equivalent of the US losing.

If you understand that then you will also understand the reason why your country is fighting in Afghanistan.

The larger point is, the BRICS can wait it out. The US won't make any progress that will pay off in Afghanistan. When, or if, the US pulls out, the BRICS will move in peacefully and reap the benefits the country has to offer.

It might be worth adding here that this is what is currently happening in Syria and Iran, with subtle disctinctions. Russia is there in Syria by invitation and the US won't make any gains.

(you can respond sensibly or not. this can be just using you to bounce ideas off.) (or you can grow up and discuss something)

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #523 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:01pm:
I think it's true that your country won't win in the traditional sense. Hardly any wars in the 21st. century will be 'won'. There's no definite enemy to defeat. There's you answer.

Winning now in the 21st. century is nothing more than making sure you don't lose. If the US pulls out of Afghanistan then the BRICS will be invited to move in and then that becomes the equivalent of the US losing.

If you understand that then you will also understand the reason why your country is fighting in Afghanistan.

The larger point is, the BRICS can wait it out. The US won't make any progress that will pay off in Afghanistan. When, or if, the US pulls out, the BRICS will move in peacefully and reap the benefits the country has to offer.

It might be worth adding here that this is what is currently happening in Syria and Iran, with subtle disctinctions. Russia is there in Syria by invitation and the US won't make any gains.

(you can respond sensibly or not. this can be just using you to bounce ideas off.) (or you can grow up and discuss something)

I love how when you say what I said, you're condescending and arrogant.  Then you go on about how smart you are.  I guess the one realization you have in that is that no one would know from your posts, you have to say how smart you are.

Talk about not being able to grow up.  Here's a pop cycle, don't spoil your dinner.  Are you going to cry again that you insulted me and I insulted you back?  That always cracks me up ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #524 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:14pm:

You should at least understand that when you consistently complain about how smart others think they are, you are betraying the fact that you're concerned about those others.

I'm not saying I'm smart but I' flattered that you can't help thinking I am!

Maybe that's something for you to think about the next time you tell me how 'not' smart I am? LOL

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #525 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:35pm:
You should at least understand that when you consistently complain about how smart others think they are, you are betraying the fact that you're concerned about those others.

I'm not saying I'm smart but I' flattered that you can't help thinking I am!

Maybe that's something for you to think about the next time you tell me how 'not' smart I am? LOL

Ah, repeating back to me what I said to you.  I accept your concession of defeat

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #526 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 12:30pm:
Swish

1)  It's always worth the time to make fun of Canadians, eh?

I lived a few years in central Maine. It was French Canadians and only French Canadians I heard used as the butt of what I thought were Polish jokes, or Italian jokes or Hunky jokes...

I don't know what Canadians think of French Canadians... Do they tell jokes about them?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #527 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:35pm:

Has somebody complained about you being too smart? Grin

I am totally unconcerned about you. Completely. 110%.

Hasn't it recently been proved on this forum that I am a greedy pig?

You think a greedy pig like me would be concerned about losers? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #528 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:41pm:
I lived a few years in central Maine. It was French Canadians and only French Canadians I heard used as the butt of what I thought were Polish jokes, or Italian jokes or Hunky jokes...

I don't know what Canadians think of French Canadians... Do they tell jokes about them?

The rest of Canada thinks:

- The French are revolting

- BC is arrogant (interestingly Donnie Baby didn't know that even though he's from BC)

- The rest of Canada typically roots against all the Vancouver teams.  They will half heartedly root for them against American teams as a pro-Canada gesture.

I'm from Michigan originally.  Kaz is short for my home town, Kalamazoo, Michigan.  So we had a lot more interaction with Canadians. Most Canadians are actually very nice.  I didn't know many Canadians who are a-holes like Don who weren't French, but I'm getting why other Canadians don't like BCers either if they are like him.

I have been to Vancouver a couple times, but haven't really spent enough time there to have a serious impression.  I've also spent a bit of time in Montreal.  A lot of the French there earn the reputation, but there are a lot of very nice French people there too.  It's like Paris.  Most of the French outside Montreal are a lot nicer. Again, just like Paris and France.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #529 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
I'm from Michigan originally.  Kaz is short for my home town...

Kazalamoo? Never heard of it... Are you sure that's the correct spelling?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › LP says get out of Iraq and Syria
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy