Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › LP says get out of Iraq and Syria
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) LP says get out of Iraq and Syria (Read 33882 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: LP says get out of Iraq and Syria
Reply #530 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
The rest of Canada thinks:

- The French are revolting

I didn't know many Canadians who are a-holes like Don who weren't French...

I have been to Vancouver a couple times, but haven't really spent enough time there to have a serious impression.  I've also spent a bit of time in Montreal.  A lot of the French there earn the reputation, but there are a lot of very nice French people there too.  It's like Paris.  Most of the French outside Montreal are a lot nicer.

OK, Canadians think French Canadians are revolting, and 'Canadians who are assholes' is synonymous with French Canadians, but you, as an American tourist, met some French peasants outside Montreal and they were nice to you...

Probably they needed your money? And they hoped that because you weren't a Canadian, you wouldn't be prejudiced against them?

PS How do you know Donny's name isn't actually Donat?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #531 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:12pm:
OK, Canadians think French Canadians are revolting, and 'Canadians who are assholes' is synonymous with French Canadians, but you, as an American tourist, met some French peasants outside Montreal and they were nice to you...

Probably they needed your money? And they hoped that because you weren't a Canadian, you wouldn't be prejudiced against them?

Sometimes tourist, sometimes business

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #532 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:14pm:
Sometimes tourist, sometimes business
You did business with French Canadians?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #533 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:15pm:
You did business with French Canadians?

Yes, and the English speaking Canadians too.  Is there a point to this?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #534 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 8:38am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 8:43pm:
Yes, and the English speaking Canadians too.  Is there a point to this?

Are there Canadians fighting in the Middle East?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #535 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 8:38am:
Are there Canadians fighting in the Middle East?

Yes, of course there are. A little secret for you. Our Prime Minister was snookered into supported the US wars in the ME. He withdrew the 6 token bombers that were operating there but the Conservative outrage was accepted by the Canadian people and so he had to replace the planes with soldiers on the ground.

It's all about acceding to US blackmail which may or may not be necessary?

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #536 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 9:40am
Print Post  
SSDD:
http://news.antiwar.com/2017/06/16/general-urges-up-to-20000-more-us-troops-in-a...

This is a really excellent article from David Staokman on the wars, the economy, and the witch hunt to remove Trump:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/06/david-stockman/derangement-danger-potomac/

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #537 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 9:40am:
SSDD:
http://news.antiwar.com/2017/06/16/general-urges-up-to-20000-more-us-troops-in-a...

This is a really excellent article from David Staokman on the wars, the economy, and the witch hunt to remove Trump:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/06/david-stockman/derangement-danger-potomac/

The second link from Rockwell is especially interesting! But unfortunately the writer fails to understand that Trump never did have any intention of better relations with the Russians. He was manipulated into taking that position during the campaign by Clinton who took the popular position.

And now this article proves that Clinton took the popular position with the 97-2 vote!

Ever since his campaign babbling Trump has attempted to get himself out of the image of him supporting better relations with Russia. He has been totally silent on the matter since his campaign, but the Dems have a bone in their teeth and they think they can destroy Trump with it.

The American people have bought the propaganda against Russia hook, line, and sinker. Nearly 70% think Russia is the enemy. This allows the Dems to laugh all the way to the bank over their superior position as they even have the Repubs on their side over Russia.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #538 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 11:37am:
The second link from Rockwell is especially interesting! But unfortunately the writer fails to understand that Trump never did have any intention of better relations with the Russians. He was manipulated into taking that position during the campaign by Clinton who took the popular position.

It was Obama who leaned over and whispered, aside, "I'll have more flexibility after the election".

Sane Americans don't want war with Russians, but we would prefer that our government not get entangled with them (Like Obama was engineering) at our expense.

People feared and hated Hillary enough to actually elect Trump, who nobody likes or wants to be President other than the lizard's Cartoon Man (who might in fact be the lizard... neither one of them lives in the world or knows for sure.)

The most popular position in America today is "leave me the crappity smack alone and keep sending money" Angry

Would you agree?

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #539 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 11:37am:
The American people have bought the propaganda against Russia hook, line, and sinker. Nearly 70% think Russia is the enemy. This allows the Dems to laugh all the way to the bank over their superior position as they even have the Repubs on their side over Russia.

All kinds of US officials and their staffs talk to all kinds of officials and businessmen in Saudi Arabia, Israel, and about every other country in the world about arms deals and other business ventures, and yet the Deep State/MSM singles out Russia with a bizarre conspiracy while extremely credible independent reporters and computer experts like Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibbi, Eric Margolis, Debbie Lusignan, John McAfee, Edward Snowden, Max Keiser, Stacy Herbert, and Julian Assange say that there is no evidence that the Russians helped defeat Hillary.

But as your statistics suggest, the inquisition into Trump's conduct by his political enemies in the deep state continues to grow, and while David Stockman is 100% correct, imho, with regard to the wars, the economy, and the Trump witch hunt, he is probably just pissing into the wind.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › LP says get out of Iraq and Syria
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy