Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumInformation Board › Anyone Else Holding your Nose to Vote this Year?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Anyone Else Holding your Nose to Vote this Year? (Read 1114 times)
JasonStapleton

Libertarian's Forum

Anyone Else Holding your Nose to Vote this Year?
Nov 1st, 2014 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Once again I head to the poles to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.
I was rereading Ron Paul's Revolution and in the very first chapter he talks about the illusion of choice in American politics today.

This fact hits home again and again each time my Tea Party or libertarian candidate loses a primary to a 40 year Washington insider.

The Problem isn't that Johnny can't read. The problem isn't even that Johnny can't Think. The problem is Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; He confuses it with feeling. - Thomas Sowell
IP Logged

Crystallas
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Anyone Else Holding your Nose to Vote this Year?
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
We had four LP candidates on the ballot. One was definitely a LINO, but I voted for them all anyways(early voting, yes, you don't need to wait for election day in most states).

The lesson here is even if libertarian candidates aren't winning, voting against them takes away choice. This is the first time in my extreme liberal state that we have had more than ONE LP option on a ballot. I hope that trend grows. Before we know it, more locations will have enough LP attention, that libertarians will make it into debates, and from the debates, those numbers could grow even more. It doesn't happen over night.

Of course, you could waste your vote, and just pick a winner.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2014 at 11:17am by Crystallas »  

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2014 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
JasonStapleton wrote on Nov 1st, 2014 at 2:52pm:
Once again I head to the poles to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.
I was rereading Ron Paul's Revolution and in the very first chapter he talks about the illusion of choice in American politics today.

This fact hits home again and again each time my Tea Party or libertarian candidate loses a primary to a 40 year Washington insider.

This is actually topical for the Freedom Forum Jason.
I often vote just to vote against people, most often incumbents, and I'll be doing it again. Not exactly what one would hope for in a free country, to have government controlled entry for candidates.

IP Logged

JasonStapleton

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2014 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Yes Jeff I realized I posted in the wrong place.  I just don't know how to move it.

The Problem isn't that Johnny can't read. The problem isn't even that Johnny can't Think. The problem is Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; He confuses it with feeling. - Thomas Sowell
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumInformation Board › Anyone Else Holding your Nose to Vote this Year?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy