Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › A Monument to Courage is Planned
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) A Monument to Courage is Planned (Read 927 times)
Tom Palven
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

A Monument to Courage is Planned
Nov 6th, 2014 at 9:01am
Print Post  

Donations are being collected to create a bronze monument to include the statues of Edward Snowden, Julian Assange, Chelsea (Bradley) Manning, and an empty chair symbolizing the desire for another champion of truth and free speech to come forth.

http://rt.com/news/202631-snowden-assange-manning-monument/

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Re: A Monument to Courage is Planned
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 5:32am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 5:32am:

Obama commuted Manning's sentence. Not the same as a pardon.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:36am
Print Post  
I'm willing to defend Snowden, from what I can tell his release of info was useful to the people of the US if damaging to the US government.

Manning just dumped what ever classified material she could get her hands on, I have little respect for her and she has pretty clearly committed treason and a few other crimes.

Assange, is a fool.   I'm not sure if he really believes all secrets are bad or he just wants to get laid by hippie chicks but he's no hero.  Either way, he made himself a tool of Putin.  These days, even the progressives hate him because he besmirched their great hero, Hillary and the Dem party. 

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 12:30pm
Print Post  

Seems to be part of an effort to get Assange in the US.  Not sure why that's important but there may be a reason.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:36am:
I'm willing to defend Snowden, from what I can tell his release of info was useful to the people of the US if damaging to the US government.

Manning just dumped what ever classified material she could get her hands on, I have little respect for her and she has pretty clearly committed treason and a few other crimes.

Assange, is a fool.   I'm not sure if he really believes all secrets are bad or he just wants to get laid by hippie chicks but he's no hero.  Either way, he made himself a tool of Putin.  These days, even the progressives hate him because he besmirched their great hero, Hillary and the Dem party. 

More information is better than less information. It's what makes a free press essential to Liberty.

That said, I agree with you.

Is there a name for someone who commutes the sentence of a traitor while refusing to prosecute known traitors? Oh, that's right, Obama.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 12:30pm:
Seems to be part of an effort to get Assange in the US.  Not sure why that's important but there may be a reason.

Like ahhell said, he made the 'progressives' look bad by exposing some of what they have been doing. 'Progressives' are bitter and vengeful, like the God of Abraham so to speak.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 12:28am
Print Post  

Quote:
The soldier, who was convicted under the name of Bradley Manning and now identifies herself as a woman, attracted widespread support from privacy advocates and transgender activists who complained that she couldn't get the medical help she needed in the military prison in Leavenworth, Kan.

I read this as, "Treason is okay if you're transgender."

Newsflash: Everyone is transgender. Maximum one male and one female in the world are 100% cis. The rest aren't perfectly cis because they're not perfectly those people. Sexuality is different between any two people you choose out of all of the people on the planet. If you define Joe Normal's sexuality as perfectly masculine, no one else's is going to match his and no one else is going to be 100% masculine.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 12:30pm:
They want to either execute him, or give him life in solitary confinement... Unless he discovers he's really a woman...

It used to be prisoners discovered God... Now they claim God made a mistake, which seems possible to me.

Along that line, do you think Hillary could really be a man?

If she were imprisoned for life in solitary confinement, do you suppose a claim of being a man would help?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Nov 6th, 2014 at 9:01am:
Donations are being collected to create a bronze monument to include the statues of Edward Snowden, Julian Assange, Chelsea (Bradley) Manning, and an empty chair symbolizing the desire for another champion of truth and free speech to come forth.

You're it Tom. Speak the truth as you see it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › A Monument to Courage is Planned
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy