Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Private enterprise is more efficient than Government enterprise?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Private enterprise is more efficient than Government enterprise? (Read 6290 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Private enterprise is more efficient than Government enterprise?
Reply #40 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
genepool wrote on Aug 20th, 2015 at 1:48pm:
Very good discussion. Thanks. I check the links. I checked many of the link my self.

In some market failure area, I am not a complete libertarian. However, what happen more often is that such failures are just there. Government doesn't fix it at all.

Who checked the links you didn't? It sounds like you have a staff, which is reasonable for a rich guy like you. You probably have someone on staff to rent "bitches" for you. Maybe from your lawyers office, so it won't be easily traceable.

Anyway, what do you mean by "market failure"? Name one.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

genepool

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 4:50am
Print Post  
I like libertarianism and I think I understand why aspies like libertarianism.

Free market is excuse free

That is. If you buy or sell stocks. It doesn't matter if you deliberately win or lose. What matter is whether you win or lose.

If you go to a store, for example. It doesn't matter that the store cannot provide better product at cheaper cost to you or that it can but simply wants higher profit.

So what does that have anything to do with aspies?

Neurotypical are master of making excuses.

What often happen is people do not do their best to do what's productive. Often they have conflict of interests. Often they simply do not intent to run issues.

Recently an indonesian parlement want to buy UPS (uninterruptible power source) at $300k a piece. They claimed they did their best. They claimed it's what's necessary for schools. Obviously they didn't care about kids' well being at all and just want to have kick backs from UPS sellers.

Then we got excuses after excuses. We got stories about how parliament members do not know what UPS is, of how all these are not deliberate, or whatever.

Freemarket doesn't allow such excuses. Any private school frivolously spending $300k for useless doodads will have parents sending their child somewhere else.

An Aspie will tend to like this excuse free system. That's because you can make judgement without having to guess others' intent are.

IP Logged

genepool

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 6:33am
Print Post  
You know what. I disagree with vexter. He got a point.

Fine.

Let's move to countries we prefer. All countries become more and more libertarian anyway.

Why argue argue argue which one is better? You wanna live in north korea? Go ahead. They got command economy there.

At the end, we will all maximize our profit through any mean anyway. Ha ha ha ha

Actually this is the main reason why I love libertarianism.

So many arguments.

Some people say marriage should be this. Some say marriage should be that. Some says same sex marriage is okay. Some say it doesn't. Some say polygamy is awesome. Another disagree.

Gee....

It's your life. It's your damn life. Choose what you wish.

As for NAP. I practice NAP against those that practice NAP with me. Government is not worthy of NAP. Government doesn't restrain itself from using force. So I too would do anything to get rich.

I would break laws, move to other countries, bribe officials, or kill anyone if and only if that profits me. Of course, most of the time, I just buy domains and make money Wink. But you got the point. It's not morality that prevents me from being terrorist. It's profit. Just like everyone else.

You know what? Kudo for government for ensuring that it serves most people interest not to kill each other. That's actually commendable.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
genepool wrote on Aug 21st, 2015 at 6:33am:
All countries become more and more libertarian anyway.

Most of the "progress" has been from totalitarian government to crony capitalism government. That is better, but the governments still all claim sovereignty over their people, and that's just plain wrong.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Vexer
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Aug 22nd, 2015 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Esteemed, stevea,

>> it requires at least a modest understanding of economics that is beyond the casual thinker and defies many pre-conceived notions.  There isn't space on this forum to teach economic, so I'll apologize for the links,

I’m not lying, or joking, when I say, I literally do have a degree in economics. I really do. And the links you listed  don’t really add anything to this thread.

I must say that the majority of your extensive post (for which I thank you) merely listed theoretical chapters out of the Capitalist Handbook.

Not really the ‘objective’ thing I asked for.

To repeat: repeating what Captialists say should be good, is not the same as providing evidence that what Capitalist say, is good.

Also let's exclude the common complaint about government corruption & crony-ism.

Well let's  similarly exclude the common complaint about corporate corruption & crony-ism. After all, Donald Trump only inherited 300 million.

>> The soviet russian system produced rolling shortages of consumer goods as well as industrial goods.

During the second world war (You remember, the one that America was briefly involved in), the USSR’s “russian system” recovered from being devastated by the advancing Germans, and using a 'communist approach', out-produced any country up to that date, From scratch. Hyper efficient. Beat the Germans, basically single-handed.

Not really any evidence of inefficiency.

Oh wait, you must be refering to the Cold War. The Russians lost the cold war… (How much time can I spend on one post?)… for reasons nothing to do with ‘communism.’

That’s like saying Mexicans (or the Ugandans or the Guatemalans) are poor because they are a free-market society.

IP Logged

Vexer
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Aug 22nd, 2015 at 5:45am
Print Post  
To continue, stevea wrote:

>>Why doesn't this work ?

Well, it does work. In many countries around the world.

It must hurt (if not be embarrassing) to know you are in the only rich country in the world without Universal Health Care.

My dear Steve, you wrote a lot of things like this:

>>Why would these other "czars" respond by making better or more tools ?   Without personal profit there is no personal motivation.  This is common and well understood feature of every bureaucracy.   Compare the license bureau vs a BurgerKing.<<

What you didn’t do what answer the OP, which asked:

Is there any objective way to show that Private Enterprise is in any way better, or more Efficient that Public (Government) Enterprise?

As to your other links, I don’t think that linking to what “GREG MANKIW" thinks, is any more persuasive than saying what you think.

Dear Steve, all you have done is make a long list of the theory of why Capitalism might be good. Which does not address the OP.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Aug 22nd, 2015 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Vexer wrote on Aug 22nd, 2015 at 5:45am:
Well, it does work. In many countries around the world.

It must hurt (if not be embarrassing) to know you are in the only rich country in the world without Universal Health Care.

Countries like Greece, or Italy, or Spain?

Personally, I'm deeply ashamed that the U.S. has fallen to 20th in the world on the Freedom index, something that's directly related to our staggering economy.

Right off the bat, you were told to look at empirical evidence from around the world throughout history. If you won't do that, you'll never learn. I predict you won't learn anything, ever. Your ideology prevents you from examining reality.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

genepool

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Aug 22nd, 2015 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
I think that vervex say has a bit of point.

In general free market is good.

However, as I pointed out, the people, even the idiots, control the government somehow.

So the citizens are like stockholders. You can't expect US citizen to derive no benefit whatsoever from having a stake at one of the most prosperous country in the world.

So they do derive benefits. Some get welfare checks. Some got universal healthcare. Some got job protection. Everybody got something.

I think all those benefits should be replaced by straightforward dividends like the way most corporation works. However, doing that will run into another issue. What about if some citizens simply mass produce children to max out benefits for their households (which many indeed do)

So yea vervex complaints about lack of benefits for citizens and the rest complaints about too much benefits for citizens. I tend to see that some benefits are inevitable but we should just let the market take care those benefits.

IP Logged

genepool

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Aug 22nd, 2015 at 11:44pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

genepool

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Aug 23rd, 2015 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 21st, 2015 at 5:05pm:
Most of the "progress" has been from totalitarian government to crony capitalism government. That is better, but the governments still all claim sovereignty over their people, and that's just plain wrong.

That's gonna change buddy. Most smart productive people will jump to more libertarian countries.

In fact, what's wrong with a country where only men can vote next to a country where only women can vote next to a country that's totally secular next to a totally religious country?

Let every country run their country as they wish and soon libertarianism will be the norm in all.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Private enterprise is more efficient than Government enterprise?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy