Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Cuban And US Embassies To Be Reopened
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Cuban And US Embassies To Be Reopened (Read 9718 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Cuban And US Embassies To Be Reopened
Reply #350 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Oh, I'm starting to see the rest of the story now. Two libertarian activists were arrested for refusing to show their ID's, or some more serious crime, and that resulted in further action against the  socalled libertarians

http://reason.com/blog/2017/05/18/cuban-libertarian-party-launched-after-a

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #351 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Oh, I'm starting to see the rest of the story now. Two libertarian activists were arrested for refusing to show their ID's, or some more serious crime, and that resulted in further action against the  socalled libertarians

The libertarian's spin on the story but still not Cuba's. Granma may have it?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #352 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:56pm:

The libertarian's spin on the story but still not Cuba's. Granma may have it?

Cuban Communistas are so corrupt, I don't even care to hear their side of the story, frankly.

"A new report from the Spain-based Diario de Cuba reveals that prostitution is not only commonplace in Havana, it is so deeply entrenched in communist Cuban society that many police officers depend on bribes from prostitutes and pimps to supplement their meager government wages.

Castro used Soviet-style gulags, known as “Military Units to Aid Production” (UMAP), to quarantine LGBT individuals, social liberals, artists, Christians, and other “counterrevolutionaries” and punish them for their individualism."

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/02/10/cuba-police-turn-prostitut...

Disgusting!  No wonder so many Cubans flee to America!  Who would want to live under the boot-heel of a Communist ruler?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #353 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:49pm:
You're just not understanding my point. There is another side that's possibly just as credible for the Chief's story on Cuba.
Yes, sort of a never ending fairytale, a minor sideline in the fairytale of Communism only fails because evil capitalists haven't all been killed yet.

What we really need to talk about is your arrogant Canada First Nationalistic Zeal... Why don't your French citizens want to be involved at all if Canada is so great?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #354 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 3:00pm:
Cuban Communistas are so corrupt, I don't even care to hear their side of the story, frankly.

"A new report from the Spain-based Diario de Cuba reveals that prostitution is not only commonplace in Havana, it is so deeply entrenched in communist Cuban society that many police officers depend on bribes from prostitutes and pimps to supplement their meager government wages.

Castro used Soviet-style gulags, known as “Military Units to Aid Production” (UMAP), to quarantine LGBT individuals, social liberals, artists, Christians, and other “counterrevolutionaries” and punish them for their individualism."

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/02/10/cuba-police-turn-prostitut...

Disgusting!  No wonder so many Cubans flee to America!  Who would want to live under the boot-heel of a Communist ruler?

Human beings are evil throughout the world Chief, and Cuba is no exception. But how could any country be seen as more evil than the US, considering how many innocents the US has slaughtered in their many wars since WW2 alone?

I thought that you at least would be able to rise above the hate your country has installed into your head but I see you're no better.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #355 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:06pm:
I thought that you at least would be able to rise above the hate your country has installed into your head but I see you're no better.

I have done nothing but condemn trade sanctions against Cuba, and have been cheering for improved US relations with Cuba. I have consistently cheered for the relaxing of restrictions and regulations imposed by the Cuban government on the Cuban People.

How can you possibly interpret this as an expression of hate?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #356 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 9:22pm:
I have done nothing but condemn trade sanctions against Cuba, and have been cheering for improved US relations with Cuba. I have consistently cheered for the relaxing of restrictions and regulations imposed by the Cuban government on the Cuban People.

How can you possibly interpret this as an expression of hate?

It's true Chief, you have mostly. But you then say you don't even want to hear the Cuban side. And you have fallen prey to the demonizing of Cuba.

Maybe that can be put off to just an opposition to my opinions in that it was sort of kneejerk and not well thought out. If you want to clear that up, I'll excuse it.

We can get along if you want Chief. It's not going to call for any compromise on my part, at least when addressing your remarks.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #357 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Trump to limit Cuba travel, restrict business deals with military: draft memo

President Donald Trump on Friday will tighten rules on Americans traveling to Cuba and significantly restrict U.S. companies from doing business with Cuban enterprises controlled by the military, according to U.S. officials who have seen a draft presidential memorandum.

Trump will lay out his new Cuba policy in a speech in Miami that will roll back parts of former President Barack Obama's opening to the communist-ruled island after a 2014 diplomatic breakthrough between the two former Cold War foes.

rest of article:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cuba-idUSKBN1962Q3

This is a waste of time and resources.  Trump's only motivation is to dismantle Obama's legacy and punish the People of Cuba.   Shameful waste of Taxpayer's dollars.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #358 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:50pm:
Trump to limit Cuba travel, restrict business deals with military: draft memo

President Donald Trump on Friday will tighten rules on Americans traveling to Cuba and significantly restrict U.S. companies from doing business with Cuban enterprises controlled by the military, according to U.S. officials who have seen a draft presidential memorandum.

Trump will lay out his new Cuba policy in a speech in Miami that will roll back parts of former President Barack Obama's opening to the communist-ruled island after a 2014 diplomatic breakthrough between the two former Cold War foes.

rest of article:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cuba-idUSKBN1962Q3

This is a waste of time and resources.  Trump's only motivation is to dismantle Obama's legacy and punish the People of Cuba.   Shameful waste of Taxpayer's dollars.

First deal with your comment on not even wanting to hear Cuba's side. Then you can be taken seriously when you bring up Trump's stupidity.

Something else for you to think about is the question on whether or not Obama would have been able to pull it off. The Republicans are solidly opposed to improved relations with Cuba and secondly, Cuba has held strong on demanding reform be on their terms.

I had a lot of faith in Obama but I'm not sure he wouldn't have crumbled under Cuba's demands.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #359 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:59pm:
First deal with your comment on not even wanting to hear Cuba's side.
You keep demanding that we listen to the Cuban Communist Party.

We keep telling you to listen to Cuban people. Kiss

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Cuban And US Embassies To Be Reopened
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy