Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Cuban And US Embassies To Be Reopened
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Cuban And US Embassies To Be Reopened (Read 21306 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Cuban And US Embassies To Be Reopened
Reply #510 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
No. You never mentioned it.

It is gratifying to know that you are still connected enough to reality to see it when I point it out.

I can't remember having learned anything from you and I doubt I ever will. You have a bad habit of running from any debate in the same way your friend kaz did.

I think you stopped getting smart when you allowed your dogma to take over.

But semi-smart you are at least because you persistently repeat my logic after a short time delay that allows you to claim it as your own. As with the Chief!

How could it be any other way with Americans now? They're searching for somebody to rescue them. LOL

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #511 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
No. You never mentioned it.

It is gratifying to know that you are still connected enough to reality to see it when I point it out.
So, is everybody now convinced that America has already lost because we refuse to let our government become completely regressive?

And that our freedom makes us poor and weak?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #512 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 4:00pm:
I think you stopped getting smart when you allowed your dogma to take over.

My hatred for dogma has been causing me problems since 1960. Piss off idiot.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #513 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Hurricane Irma really put Cuba on the ropes.  Cuba's economy was already struggling because of the collapse of their chief trade partner, Venezuela.  To make matters worse, Cuba will not recieve any help from the US. government.  And whatever donations they recieve from private US donors will likely be intercepted by Comrade Raul.

The U.S. government is providing humanitarian aid to a string of Caribbean islands devastated by Hurricane Irma, but NOT Cuba.

The Category 5 hurricane, the worst to hit the communist island since 1932, spent 24 hours grinding away over northern parts of the island, damaging more than 4,000 homes, inundating downtown Havana.

The U.S. State department clearly recognized the extent of the disaster, warning American travelers not to visit Cuba because of the wide-spread destruction. Yet it has not sent a USAID rapid response team to the island, nor dispatched any U.S. military ships loaded with bottled water and blankets, as it has to other devastated Caribbean neighbors.

www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/09/15/u-s-rushes-hurricane-irma-aid-caribbean-i...

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #514 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 12:23am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 11:49am:
Hurricane Irma really put Cuba on the ropes.  Cuba's economy was already struggling because of the collapse of their chief trade partner, Venezuela.  To make matters worse, Cuba will not recieve any help from the US. government.  And whatever donations they recieve from private US donors will likely be intercepted by Comrade Raul.

The U.S. government is providing humanitarian aid to a string of Caribbean islands devastated by Hurricane Irma, but NOT Cuba.

The Category 5 hurricane, the worst to hit the communist island since 1932, spent 24 hours grinding away over northern parts of the island, damaging more than 4,000 homes, inundating downtown Havana.

The U.S. State department clearly recognized the extent of the disaster, warning American travelers not to visit Cuba because of the wide-spread destruction. Yet it has not sent a USAID rapid response team to the island, nor dispatched any U.S. military ships loaded with bottled water and blankets, as it has to other devastated Caribbean neighbors.

www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/09/15/u-s-rushes-hurricane-irma-aid-caribbean-i...

Cuba has seen as bad and worse but is now prepared to deal with catastrophes. Does that make you happy or angry.

Your tactic of not stating an opinion is getting pretty worn out and tired. Since you left the political right you have been fighting as hard as you can to deny the social responsibility in you. It's in all decent people but some are too indoctrinated by their government into hating anything that even sounds leftist to move more quickly. That's the ones who fall for the nothing agenda they like to call libertarianism.

As an example, your preference for a NST over income tax is nothing but your imaginings that you'll pay less in taxes. There's really nothing more to figure out about you; you're not a complicated person in the least.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #515 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 12:23am:
Your tactic of not stating an opinion is getting pretty worn out and tired. Since you left the political right you have been fighting as hard as you can to deny the social responsibility in you. It's in all decent people but some are too indoctrinated by their government into hating anything that even sounds leftist to move more quickly. That's the ones who fall for the nothing agenda they like to call libertarianism.

As an example, your preference for a NST over income tax is nothing but your imaginings that you'll pay less in taxes. There's really nothing more to figure out about you; you're not a complicated person in the least.

As usual, your post is nothing more than a nonsensical, ad hominem attack which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.  You're becoming too predictable.   

If you don't care to discuss the dire situation in Cuba, then I invite you to ignore this thread.   
  Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #516 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:27am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 10:14am:
As usual, your post is nothing more than a nonsensical, ad hominem attack which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.  You're becoming too predictable.   

If you don't care to discuss the dire situation in Cuba, then I invite you to ignore this thread.   
  Smiley

I'm the one who did want to discuss Cuba but was mostly spammed by the members of this board. You didn't voice any concern for Cuba and the Cuban people so your intentions were suspect. You can do that now but it's not going to be very convincing after the fact you have been called on it.

FWIW, no American should ever try to pretend compassion for Cubans when talking to a Canadian.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #517 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
The Trump administration is considering closing down the U.S. Embassy in Cuba after nearly two dozen American diplomatic staffers or family members suffered health effects that were blamed on suspected sonic attacks, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said today.  [Sept. 17th]

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-ti...

Its unclear at this point who was responsible for the sonic attacks on the American diplomats. But the bottom line is, Cuba agreed to protect these people while engaged in their duties in Cuba.  Cuba failed and should have investigated the incident.  They didn't.  It understandable that SoS Tillerson wants to close down the American Embassy in Cuba. 

It's a shame the Cubans have been derelict in their promise to protect the American diplomats. What a disappointment to Cubans ans Cuban-Americans who struggled so hard to normalize relations between The US and Cuba.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #518 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:52am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:04pm:
The Trump administration is considering closing down the U.S. Embassy in Cuba after nearly two dozen American diplomatic staffers or family members suffered health effects that were blamed on suspected sonic attacks, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said today.  [Sept. 17th]

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-ti...

Its unclear at this point who was responsible for the sonic attacks on the American diplomats. But the bottom line is, Cuba agreed to protect these people while engaged in their duties in Cuba.  Cuba failed and should have investigated the incident.  They didn't.  It understandable that SoS Tillerson wants to close down the American Embassy in Cuba. 

It's a shame the Cubans have been derelict in their promise to protect the American diplomats. What a disappointment to Cubans ans Cuban-Americans who struggled so hard to normalize relations between The US and Cuba.

I totally disagree with your approach to the problem for several reasons:

1. It could be that there was no sonic attack made at all and therefore it requires a thorough investigation.

2. If there was some sort of sonic attack it could have been completely unknown to the Cuban government.

3. If there was a sonic attack then it's quite likely it was done by parties who don't want peaceful relations with Cuba. That entity exists and if very front and center.

4. It's difficult to imagine the motive of the Cuban government to do such a thing, especially after they have been attempting to improve relations with the US for many years.

It just doesn't smell right and the kneejerk reaction of the US makes it smell even worse.

Where is the peaceful initiatives of libertarians on this issue? Why is it so acceptable for you Chief, to immediately take the lowroad and be seeming to advocate more strife with Cuba? You have said that Cuba agreed to protect these people and they have failed. That leaves no room for doubting your position mr. libertarian!

I don' t mind saying, proving once again that a socially responsible approach is more compatible with real libertarianism.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #519 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:52am:
1. It could be that there was no sonic attack made at all and therefore it requires a thorough investigation.

Exactly.  Cuba offered no help in the investigation. They simply denied any involvement.  That is a huge red flag, right there.

Quote:
Where is the peaceful initiatives of libertarians on this issue?  You have said that Cuba agreed to protect these people and they have failed. That leaves no room for doubting your position mr. libertarian!

The US diplomats were attacked. Iv'e already stated that its unclear who is responsible for the attack:
SkyChief wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:04pm:
Its unclear at this point who was responsible for the sonic attacks on the American diplomats.

Instead of making a big issue out of this, the WH decided to withdraw the injured diplomats (some of which needed to be hospitalized) and quietly shut down the Embassy.

That IS a non-violent/non-interventionist libertarian solution, IMO.

Quote:
Why is it so acceptable for you Chief, to immediately take the lowroad and be seeming to advocate more strife with Cuba?

I've already adressed this:

Quote:
It's a shame the Cubans have been derelict in their promise to protect the American diplomats. What a disappointment to the Cubans and Cuban-Americans who struggled so hard to normalize relations between The US and Cuba.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Cuban And US Embassies To Be Reopened
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy