Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Cuban And US Embassies To Be Reopened
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Cuban And US Embassies To Be Reopened (Read 30443 times)
SicklersDink
Ex Member

Re: Cuban And US Embassies To Be Reopened
Reply #610 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
I should have also said that any country that practices 'socially responsible capitalism' can vary greatly by electing a different government, within the bounds of the existing constitution.

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #611 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So I would give [Cuba] a 10 on that respect and hope that they will become a democracy somewhat similar to Canada's.

A 10..  a perfect score!   Wow.   Ok..  thanks.

(At least now I have an idea of what 'socially responsible capitalism' actually is)

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #612 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 2:02pm:
A 10..  a perfect score!   Wow.   Ok..  thanks.

(At least now I have an idea of what 'socially responsible capitalism' actually is)

I said in that respect, meaning that they have taken care to protect their country from the obvious coming US attempts at aggression.

That's the only positive I have to go on so far. How they land in relation to the other socially responsible countries I've named, we'll have to learn more to see.

I would say that China is going to be able to make a success out of it regardless of what it becomes. Chiina is already exlipsing the rest of the world under a system of communism/capitalism!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #613 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I should have also said that any country that practices 'socially responsible capitalism' can vary greatly by electing a different government, within the bounds of the existing constitution.
But, if there's only one Party and they write the Constitution (as Cuba's government just did, As Emperor Xi does, as Putin does, as almost all nations do), there is not even a plausible pretense that the people are represented in government, much less masters of it as all civilized people want to be.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #614 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 4:41pm:
But, if there's only one Party and they write the Constitution (as Cuba's government just did, As Emperor Xi does, as Putin does, as almost all nations do), there is not even a plausible pretense that the people are represented in government, much less masters of it as all civilized people want to be.

Actually that the basic lesson you refuse to learn about. Nations that aren't as big and powerful as the US must enact strong laws and provisions to prevent US aggression from creeping in and destroying 'progress'!

China is safe. Cuba will be safe because of China's backing. The US reign of terror is ending and Trump's causing it to end sooner than would be expected!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #615 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:54am:
It's rough equivalent is to be found in our Declaration of Independence, which is a legal founding document of the U.S.A.

Ours is better because we have the power and the means to alter the Constitution, which I assume the Cuban's don't.

Then the Cuban one is better on all counts. The only reason countries have constitutions is that they understand that lawmakers never make laws better for anyone but themselves.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #616 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:11am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:50pm:
Then the Cuban one is better on all counts. The only reason countries have constitutions is that they understand that lawmakers never make laws better for anyone but themselves.

Your cynicism is in a league of it's own.

Salute.    Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #617 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:20am
Print Post  
When "lawmakers" make the laws that govern what laws can be made, it's called tyranny.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #618 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 11:55am
Print Post  

You would have been more correct to just say that Cuba's constiturion is immune from meddling, be that internal or external. I think they may have had that in mind when it was drawn up? I'll have to learn more about it when I have time.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #619 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You would have been more correct to just say that Cuba's constiturion is immune from meddling, be that internal or external. I think they may have had that in mind when it was drawn up? I'll have to learn more about it when I have time.

They knew exactly what they were doing.  With the new revisions to the constitution, they dashed any hopes of Democracy for the Cuban People.

And then Diaz-Canel had the cojones to call it "genuine democracy".

Diaz-Canel is a fool, because he thinks the Cuban People are too stupid to know that he is lying.

But they DO know he's lying.  So who really is the stupid one?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Cuban And US Embassies To Be Reopened
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy