Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Who else here loves Donald Trump for president?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Who else here loves Donald Trump for president? (Read 16000 times)
endpubed

Libertarian's Forum

Who else here loves Donald Trump for president?
Jul 25th, 2015 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
I love this guy!

youtube yaron brook and tom leykis, thank me later

IP Logged

stevea
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Who else here loves Donald Trump for president?
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Not me.   He comes off as an immature, egotistical  blow-hard.

Anytime there is the least criticism he has to strike back with some ad homoinem fallacies & insults; infantile  They he has to blame the press every day.  Tough cookies Donald, the press isn't fair to Reps - your whining looks childish,.

One day he' going to build a wall, and make Mexico pay for it.  The next he's going to push China around and make them do as he wishes.   That's ridiculous and will never happen.  He's just pandering - it's demagoguery.

Donald apparently fails to understand that the President is not the emperor, and that he has to work with others to get things done.    Instead it's a "my way or the highway" sort who will just exacerbate the partisan polarity and won't work with even his own party.

He provides (to date) NO DETAILS on any of his zillion claimed plans.   It looks like he'll be in the debate, and my expectation is they he will just derail any rational discussion there.

And his economic plans, like most of his wives, are Eastern European models.  Central planning, trade protectionism, and a mythical return of manufacturing from Chindia.   That's laughable. 
---

Egotistical, petty, economically foolish, does not play well with others .... no - I we don't need a white, wealthy version of Obama as the next president.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 7:38am
Print Post  
endpubed wrote on Jul 25th, 2015 at 7:21pm:
I love this guy!

Hillary loves him too! He's going to help insure that she gets to be in charge of everything.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 7:38am:
Hillary loves him too! He's going to help insure that she gets to be in charge of everything.

Sadly, this is true.  ^

Let's face it - Donald Trump is unelectable.

Sure, his anti-immigration message resonates with a some voters. And he wont let the MSM manipulate him. Which means he's off limits to all the lobbyists, too.

Not very good credentials for a POTUS candidate.

I predict Trump's Tower of cards will come crashing down when the debates start. Once they start discussing foreign policy (he has none), everyone will suddenly realize that Trump is a just a one-trick-pony.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 1:15pm:
I predict Trump's Tower of cards will come crashing down when the debates start. Once they start discussing foreign policy (he has none), everyone will suddenly realize that Trump is a just a one-trick-pony.

Lots of people will still vote for him as a third party candidate. Lot's of people liked Ross Perot. Just enough to get the 'progressive' elected.

So the Republican Party decided to join up with the Democrats and all be 'progressive' together. That's about the time that the League of Women Voters lost production of the Presidential debates to the TwoParties.

Trump is a "one trick pony". His trick will be to get Hillary elected. He'll have plenty of power no matter what, because he has a lot of money, and money creates power.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

stevea

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 7:38am:

As much as I dislike and distrust Hillary, I think she'd be better than The Donald.

My FEELING is that some other Dem is going to swoop in and kick Hillary to the curb, she's eminently beatable.   Probably someone on the more communist end of the spectrum, like Liz Warren.

IP Logged

stevea

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 1:15pm:
Once they start discussing foreign policy (he has none), everyone will suddenly realize that Trump is a just a one-trick-pony.

So which of the 33 Rep candidates has a foreign policy ?   I expect that Bush& Kasich might say something sane, Perry can talk borders and Rubio can recite his family history for the zillionth time.   The rest will shuck&jive just like Trump.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 12:12am
Print Post  
stevea wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 11:20pm:
So which of the 33 Rep candidates has a foreign policy ?   I expect that Bush& Kasich might say something sane, Perry can talk borders and Rubio can recite his family history for the zillionth time.   The rest will shuck&jive just like Trump.

No arguments there.  I was just referring to Trump's obvious disconnect with real Policy-Of-State matters.  Like many of the Republican contenders, he has none.

On the plus side, neither do the progressives.  Grin

But that doesn't really matter. We're talking about the viability of the GOP champion. Trump should pass the torch to Rand Paul and call it a day.

Trump did very well.  History would be kind to him if he stood down before the (upcoming) debate phase.  If not, this will be his undoing,  imo.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 8:46am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 12:12am:
Trump did very well.  History would be kind to him if he stood down before the (upcoming) debate phase.  If not, this will be his undoing,  imo.

I don't see how Trump will be undone. He'll still be part of the club (tribe) of rich, famous, powerful, political elites.
He can have access to the national stage whenever he wants it, and can run for President as an 'independent' if he wants to, ensuring the election of Hillary or some other more or less communist candidate.
Who do you suppose the TwoParties will actually pick as the Republican nominee? Somebody just like the last several candidates they've put on the ballot. Somebody who might be electable, if no votes go to a Libertarian candidate, and no votes go to Trump, and no votes go to Mickey Mouse.
So, we'll have another more or less communist President (with all the new power Obama has usurped, on top of Bush's usurpations) and a Congress that continues to pretend that the only way to end government spending and overturn bad laws is to pass laws they know will be vetoed, all the while continuing to pass "continuing resolutions" that fund everything and keep every bad program in place.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Dissident Right
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
stevea wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 3:29am:
Anytime there is the least criticism he has to strike back with some ad homoinem fallacies & insults; infantile  They he has to blame the press every day.  Tough cookies Donald, the press isn't fair to Reps - your whining looks childish.

You're an idiot. Do you understand politics? Elections are not won by reasoned discourse, and I tire of morons pointing friendly fire at anyone who dares play politics in a way that could possibly work.

Quote:
One day he' going to build a wall, and make Mexico pay for it.

Not to quibble, but it's very possible.

Quote:
He's just pandering - it's demagoguery.

Curse him for using a winning strategy.

Quote:
Donald apparently fails to understand that the President is not the emperor

Um. Obama much?

Quote:
and that he has to work with others to get things done.

crappity smack the progressive left, crappity smack the traitor conservatives.

Quote:
Instead it's a "my way or the highway" sort who will just exacerbate the partisan polarity

Are you crappity smacking serious? We cannot compromise with these crappity smacks. Compromise is off the table. The only thing on the table is winning.

Quote:
and won't work with even his own party.

crappity smack Republicans.

Quote:
He provides (to date) NO DETAILS on any of his zillion claimed plans.   It looks like he'll be in the debate, and my expectation is they he will just derail any rational discussion there.

LOL, "DISCUSSION"?

Quote:
Egotistical, petty, economically foolish, does not play well with others .... no - I we don't need a white, wealthy version of Obama as the next president.

Trump is the polar opposite of Obama in every meaningful way.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Who else here loves Donald Trump for president?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy