Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Another good point about war on drugs
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Another good point about war on drugs (Read 1971 times)
genepool
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Another good point about war on drugs
Aug 19th, 2015 at 10:27pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Another good point about war on drugs
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2015 at 10:59pm
Print Post  

This deserves to be seen even by people who don't click on it.

The difference is, of course, that art doesn't cause people to lose the good judgment that allows them to follow the NAP in the first place.

There was a discussion in another thread about werewolves. The person can't be expected to follow the NAP when it's a wolf. A fair punishment is probably not simply punishing the man for all the wolf's murders. He couldn't help himself.

I liken taking drugs to intentionally changing yourself into a wolf, by learned magic, specifically so that you don't have to follow the NAP. Should you be able to cast that spell, intentionally?

I say no.

But this doesn't apply to drugs that don't take away good judgment. It applies to crack, meth, PCP, and alcohol, but not marijuana.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 19th, 2015 at 10:59pm:
http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aBrd9qA_700b.jpg
The person can't be expected to follow the NAP when it's a wolf.

Of course not. Wolves aren't people. How can you confuse them? Maybe because they run in packs they are a very very primitive form of tribe, and you identify with that?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Holy carp Jeff. The point is about divesting yourself of your good judgment by the act of taking drugs. I admit this is just my opinion but I think you break the social contract there and then.

The social contract is an agreement. "I will not murder anybody. I will not steal from anybody." Once you ruin your judgment to the point that you can't agree, you're out. Drug addicts are no better in judgement than wild animals. Worse really. It is not in the nature of the drug beast to respect rights.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

genepool

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Depend on what drugs.

Most drugs are not even addictive.

Extacy, meth, LSD, ganja are reasonably safe. Also most used to be legal and many use it without problem.

Some guy do die due to heroin. So stay away from that.

IP Logged

genepool

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
I would attribute some of my financial success to acid and ectasy. Combined with high IQ it gets me going very far.

Beware of meth. It can be addictive and should not be taken more than once every 6 month.

Don't get addicted. The truth is most drugs government says are dangerous are not addictive and most politicians that are tough on drugs are probably on drug themselves knowing the truth.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
“See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel. That's literally true.”  -Milton Friedman

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 11:07am
Print Post  
GOP Prez Candidate Ben Carson has some interesting ideas about how to 'win' the war on drugs. And he's figured out a way to use the US MILITARY to accomplish this task.

Heres how it works:

Simply use Military Drone Aircraft to bomb suspected civilian hideouts.  What could possibly go wrong?   Undecided

Dr. Carson said, "The point being you can use everything. You look at some of these caves that are out there — one drone strike, boom, and they’re gone."

Now, you might be thinking that this is the dumbest pucking flan you've ever heard.

Well....   it is

Dr. Ben is as clueless as the rest of the GOP candidates.  This is why I'll be voting for Gary Johnson.  He understands that a President should never even consider using Military Strike to kill civilians.

http://rickwells.us/drone-strikes-against-drug-smugglers-ben-carson-visits-the-b...

IP Logged

Dissident Right
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 11:22am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 11:07am:
This is why I'll be voting for Gary Johnson.

Who cares?

Quote:
He understands that a President should never even consider using Military Strike to kill civilians.

Thanks, Gary Johnson, for understanding. I'm sure understanding will save millions of lives.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
[quote author=724E437969565649554F524F4948260 link=1440037676/3#3 date=1440112773The social contract is an agreement. "I will not murder anybody. I will not steal from anybody." Once you ruin your judgment to the point that you can't agree, you're out. [/quote]
I thought you had to actually murder or steal first, then be arrested, tried and convicted? How about we just let people use their drugs of choice (they do anyway) and not worry about them unless they murder or steal?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Another good point about war on drugs
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy