Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Another good point about war on drugs
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Another good point about war on drugs (Read 1914 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Another good point about war on drugs
Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 11:07am:
GOP Prez Candidate Ben Carson has some interesting ideas about how to 'win' the war on drugs. And he's figured out a way to use the US MILITARY to accomplish this task.

Heres how it works:

Simply use Military Drone Aircraft to bomb suspected civilian hideouts.  What could possibly go wrong?   Undecided

Dr. Carson said, "The point being you can use everything. You look at some of these caves that are out there — one drone strike, boom, and they’re gone."

Now, you might be thinking that this is the dumbest pucking flan you've ever heard.

Well....   it is

Dr. Ben is as clueless as the rest of the GOP candidates.  This is why I'll be voting for Gary Johnson.  He understands that a President should never even consider using Military Strike to kill civilians.

http://rickwells.us/drone-strikes-against-drug-smugglers-ben-carson-visits-the-b...

Wow! Will that apply to people smuggling cigarettes into NY City too?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Sep 4th, 2015 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 2:53pm:
I thought you had to actually murder or steal first, then be arrested, tried and convicted? How about we just let people use their drugs of choice (they do anyway) and not worry about them unless they murder or steal?

That's nice, except that the social contract isn't just for the druggo. He agrees not to steal and kill, and at the same time, others agree not to kill him or steal from him. For the same reason that I'm not going to take that agreement from a wolf (it's a bad deal for me) I don't accept that it's valid for a druggo either.

We're talking about a contract. All parties have rights. I don't think I should be forced to accept somebody's word when I know them to be incapable of keeping it, or even really agreeing to it.

Liberty applies to all drugs in all quantities insufficient to destroy the good judgement necessary to agree to the social contract. But imeo, once that is exceeded, the social contract has already been broken, because the druggo can no longer agree. At very least, his rights should be relegated to child status, since you libertarians accept that childrens' mental status is insufficient to be the custodians of their own rights. So with the druggo.

genepool wrote on Aug 31st, 2015 at 11:25pm:
I would attribute some of my financial success to acid and ectasy. Combined with high IQ it gets me going very far.

This is a widely-known stereotype, isn't it? Sigh.

If I ever went completely insane and kidnapped everyone out of every Mensa meeting to drug test them and punish them appropriately, you'd all understand, right? I just want to kill the stereotype. The people are just collateral damage.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Sep 4th, 2015 at 7:49am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 4th, 2015 at 1:18am:
We're talking about a contract. All parties have rights. I don't think I should be forced to accept somebody's word when I know them to be incapable of keeping it, or even really agreeing to it.

From what I've read in this forum, you are one of the most untrustworthy and confused people in the world, so, you should be imprisoned immediately, before you hurt someone.
That's how your idea works right?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

genepool

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Sep 6th, 2015 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 2:53pm:
I thought you had to actually murder or steal first, then be arrested, tried and convicted? How about we just let people use their drugs of choice (they do anyway) and not worry about them unless they murder or steal?

I think I sort of like the idea

The problem is drugs are lucrative. Prohibiting drugs keep profit margin high. Drugs are not dangerous. Only heroin kills I've heard. The rest are not even as addictive as cigarettes.

That being said, government manage to convince the whole population to believe that drugs are dangerous.

anti drugs propaganda are like religion. People act according to their believes when it doesn't affect their interests anyway.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Sep 6th, 2015 at 7:41am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 4th, 2015 at 7:49am:
From what I've read in this forum, you are one of the most untrustworthy and confused people in the world, so, you should be imprisoned immediately, before you hurt someone.
That's how your idea works right?

I can demonstrate that I possess the competency necessary to agree to things. Someone who has taken enough drugs doesn't have that.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Sep 6th, 2015 at 8:49am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 6th, 2015 at 7:41am:
I can demonstrate that I possess the competency necessary to agree to things. Someone who has taken enough drugs doesn't have that.

A person is either competent, or not.They reason they are or became incompetent doesn't really matter. Bad choices can lead to bad results, but they don't always.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 7:37am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 11:07am:
GOP Prez Candidate Ben Carson has some interesting ideas about how to 'win' the war on drugs. And he's figured out a way to use the US MILITARY to accomplish this task.

Heres how it works:

Simply use Military Drone Aircraft to bomb suspected civilian hideouts.  What could possibly go wrong?   Undecided

Dr. Carson said, "The point being you can use everything. You look at some of these caves that are out there — one drone strike, boom, and they’re gone."

Now, you might be thinking that this is the dumbest pucking flan you've ever heard.

Well....   it is

Dr. Ben is as clueless as the rest of the GOP candidates.  This is why I'll be voting for Gary Johnson.  He understands that a President should never even consider using Military Strike to kill civilians.

http://rickwells.us/drone-strikes-against-drug-smugglers-ben-carson-visits-the-b...

It's Republicans like Carson, Fiorina, McCain, who make scary commies like Ben Sanders look sane.

Gary Johnson is a member of LEAP, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.
http://www.leap.cc/

They give talks about the unintended consequences of drug prohibition and advocate the repeal of drug laws.

LEAP speakers are mainly ex law enforcement officers, but also include some mayors and ex-governor of New Mexico, libertarian Gary Johnson.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
"But observation and long experience have taught us that this is an unwinnable war. Prohibition is not a deterrent; never has been; never will be."

http://www.leap.cc/for-law-enforcement/police/

Thanks for that link, Tom.  I'm pleased relieved to learn that Gary Johnson is a member.

Its funny to note that the only State (Colorado) in the nation that legalized pot had a $30 Mil surplus from tax revenues generated by sale of the herb.

Hopefully the rest of the states will follow suit and finally close the door on this "war on drugs".

IP Logged

Alan Jones

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
That's nice, except that the social contract isn't just for the druggo. He agrees not to steal and kill, and at the same time, others agree not to kill him or steal from him. For the same reason that I'm not going to take that agreement from a wolf (it's a bad deal for me) I don't accept that it's valid for a druggo either.

Liberty applies to all drugs in all quantities insufficient to destroy the good judgement necessary to agree to the social contract. But imeo, once that is exceeded, the social contract has already been broken, because the druggo can no longer agree.

Wouldn't the same logic apply to people like me who are competent to agree to such a contract but choose not to?

IOW, what does it matter if I drink or use drugs and destroy my ability to "keep my word" if I never gave my word?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 4:25pm
Print Post  

Liberty applies to all drugs in all quantities insufficient to destroy the good judgement necessary to agree to the social contract. But imeo, once that is exceeded, the social contract has already been broken, because the druggo can no longer agree. At very least, his rights should be relegated to child status, since you libertarians accept that childrens' mental status is insufficient to be the custodians of their own rights. So with the druggo.

This is a widely-known stereotype, isn't it? Sigh.

If I ever went completely insane and kidnapped everyone out of every Mensa meeting to drug test them and punish them appropriately, you'd all understand, right? I just want to kill the stereotype. The people are just collateral damage.

You know a lot of "druggos"?
Is your analysis based on empirical evidence from your own limited personal experience?

You aren't "forced" to accept anyone's word, you're free to refrain from making agreements with anyone you don't trust.
Feel free to do so. I do. I would never make any sort of agreement with you.

You want people who drink wine in the evening to be stripped of their rights? OK, I remember, you want everyone to be stripped of their rights.

You are completely insane.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Another good point about war on drugs
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy