Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "Anchor Baby" B.S.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) "Anchor Baby" B.S. (Read 11458 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: "Anchor Baby" B.S.
Reply #10 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 10:07am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 23rd, 2015 at 11:28pm:
Separating a child from it's mother involuntarily is not aggression?

Hey, bonehead, unless the mother chooses to abandon her baby, they aren't going to be separated.

If it was up to me, I'd require that the baby stay with the mother when she was deported. You can call that "deporting a citizen" if you want to, but it's really just plain good sense.
When the baby is old enough to make it's own way in the world, he/she can choose to return to the U.S. as a citizen.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Dissident Right
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 11:32am
Print Post  
After Trump overturns the wicked and obscene "14 Amendment", we won't have to worry about anchor babies. Problem solved.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
After Trump overturns the wicked and obscene "14 Amendment", we won't have to worry about anchor babies. Problem solved.

Trump, as President will be very likely to ignore the law, yes, it's obvious. But he can't change the law all by himself.

I don't think he has any clear idea about what the Constitution is intended to do. If he does know, it's something he opposes, which makes him a (potential) tyrant.  What a bad idea.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Dissident Right
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Jabe!, Rubio, Christie, Walker: they will all happily enforce tyrannical Congressional legislation and tyrannical SCOTUS rulings, while proclaiming their allegiance to the Constitution. Of course Hillary will do the same.

Even if we assume Trump will be a dud President, remind me how that makes him a worse choice?

Most Federal laws, most SCOTUS rulings and most Constitutional interpretations need to be ignored and nullified; anything else is tyranny.

Trump is the only candidate who might do that.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Jabe!, Rubio, Christie, Walker: they will all happily enforce tyrannical Congressional legislation and tyrannical SCOTUS rulings, while proclaiming their allegiance to the Constitution. Of course Hillary will do the same.

Even if we assume Trump will be a dud President, remind me how that makes him a worse choice?

Most Federal laws, most SCOTUS rulings and most Constitutional interpretations need to be ignored and nullified; anything else is tyranny.

Trump is the only candidate who might do that.

What a shock! You forgot to mention Rand Paul...

State governments need to deal with Congress and the Executive and the Supreme Court colluding to create government tyranny. I can't.

Paul as President could do quite a lot. Perhaps that's why you forgot to mention him?

I know, you'll say, "Rand Paul can't win." We'll see.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Alan Jones

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Separating a child from it's mother involuntarily is not aggression? Regardless of who's being taken from whom, somebody is the recipient of aggression because that somebody wants to stay with the other somebody.

You might have a case about the punishment for a crime, but the problem with Jeff's case is that the female is specifically allowed to take the baby with her. It's established that she has a right to her child. Now, just because she is given the choice for the child to stay, you can't retroactively remove the previous right.

That's absurd. If the mother was imprisoned for murder, and told she could keep her baby with her if she wanted, the separation itself wouldn't constitute aggression against her if she decided not to keep her baby with her. Separation itself logically can't be aggression, unless the force used is otherwise aggression.

It's not completely irrelevant. That citizenship was acquired illegally, through an illegal act.

Nonsense. The act of being born here is not an illegal act. How on earth could you be that confused about who did what?

IP Logged

Dissident Right
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Alan Jones wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 12:49pm:
Nonsense. The act of being born here is not an illegal act. How on earth could you be that confused about who did what?

If my wife gives birth while trespassing on your property, is that an illegal act?

IP Logged

Dissident Right
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 24th, 2015 at 5:34pm:
State governments need to deal with Congress and the Executive and the Supreme Court colluding to create government tyranny. I can't.

Indeed.

Quote:
Paul as President could do quite a lot. Perhaps that's why you forgot to mention him?

Rand's poll numbers are too low to bother mentioning him.

IP Logged

Alan Jones

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If my wife gives birth while trespassing on your property, is that an illegal act?

Which "that"? The mother's trespassing is an illegal act. But the birth is certainly not an illegal act by the child. Of course I could impose a rule on my property for unborn children that forbids them from leaving the womb, but the brat would probably just ignore it. And no, I can't shoot the brat for trespassing, I can only shoot the mother.

The real question is: what if the mother is hanging from my 18th story windowsill at the time she gives birth, then is hanging by one hand while holding the newborn with the other. Can I still shoot the mother for trespassing?  Undecided

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
That's absurd. If the mother was imprisoned for murder, and told she could keep her baby with her if she wanted, the separation itself wouldn't constitute aggression against her if she decided not to keep her baby with her.

You're confusing a positive choice with a negative one. In Jeff's example, the mother has the choice to keep her baby. Not to simply give up her baby.

You're the one who's confused here. It's not about what the baby did or did not do. Of course it did nothing wrong. It should not be punished. Its citizenship is still illegitimate because laws were broken in order to obtain it.

Let's say Bob and Jay are running a marathon. Bob is way out front so I shoot him, causing Jay to cross the finish line first. Would you say that Jay legitimately won that race?

It sucks for Jay, because he has been stripped of the opportunity to win, but he did not get a legitimate win.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "Anchor Baby" B.S.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy