Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › To all libertarians
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) To all libertarians (Read 2524 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: To all libertarians
Reply #20 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 7:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
The Right includes cucks and non-cucks.

Thanks for clearing that up.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 14th, 2015 at 8:32am:
Really? Could you name a few of those "most advanced people"?
What is it that makes them "advanced", their belief that evil acts should have no consequences?

Look at the prison system of Norway or the progressive ideology of punishment for examples. The underlying thread is that just because someone wronged you, that doesn't make it right for you to wrong another.

The most advanced people with the tiniest amygdalas believe in a version of the NAP without the defensive force bit. The NAP as it stands is actually something of a compromise between practicality and good.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 16th, 2015 at 5:10pm:
Look at the prison system of Norway or the progressive ideology of punishment for examples. The underlying thread is that just because someone wronged you, that doesn't make it right for you to wrong another.

I'm talking about punishing criminals, and you say that's "wronging another"?

It's protecting the lives and property of honest citizens, a core responsibility of government. Any government that doesn't do it is a failure.

I notice you didn't name any names. I expect you're protecting the guilty, who you insist on seeing as "elites".

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Alan Jones

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 16th, 2015 at 5:10pm:
The most advanced people with the tiniest amygdalas believe in a version of the NAP without the defensive force bit.

Now that's funny. You must have read the study that showed that leftards have smaller amygdalae, on average. It's a congenital defectRoll Eyes

IP Logged

Dissident Right
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
https://youtu.be/ruiYTegjOzU

Seriously guys, this guy really does make good videos.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Alan Jones wrote on Sep 16th, 2015 at 7:07pm:
Now that's funny. You must have read the study that showed that leftards have smaller amygdalae, on average. It's a congenital defectRoll Eyes

How in the world do you decide what's a defect and what's an advancement? The same trait that harms in one situation would be beneficial in another. An angora lion would overheat and die. But a snow leopard has to have lots of fluffiness for insulation. Did you know that humans' brains are smaller today than they've ever been?

I've determined that who's advanced and who's a caveman is largely a cultural determination.

Jeff wrote on Sep 16th, 2015 at 5:21pm:
I'm talking about punishing criminals, and you say that's "wronging another"?

Yes. If I punch a man, what he did to me first has no bearing on my action's moral status. The most advanced people are pacifists and the NAP must clausify for defensive force. It's a compromise between practicality and good, because pacifism isn't practical, and because pure good destroys itself very quickly. If you don't protect the property and lives of the good people, they die. So you add a batch of better butter to make the bitter butter better.

Quote:
https://youtu.be/ruiYTegjOzU

Seriously guys, this guy really does make good videos.

I think people are just upset that morality judges the same actions from different folks differently. It's not funny to me, probably because I don't have any other expectation of morality. And as one of the comments said, they can fire whoever they like.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 7:53pm:
Yes. If I punch a man, what he did to me first has no bearing on my action's moral status. The most advanced people are pacifists...

No, the most advanced people are those who have designed governments that work to allow and protect civilized societies, to protect societies from barbarians like you.

Violence in self defense and the defense of civilization is necessary and moral.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Dissident Right
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 7:53pm:
I think people are just upset that morality judges the same actions from different folks differently. It's not funny to me, probably because I don't have any other expectation of morality. And as one of the comments said, they can fire whoever they like.

1. Um. No. Not even close.
2. It's not meant to be funny.
3. Yeah, um, and firing your allies to satiate the enemy makes you a traitor.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 25th, 2015 at 5:20pm:
No, the most advanced people are those who have designed governments that work to allow and protect civilized societies, to protect societies from barbarians like you.

Violence in self defense and the defense of civilization is necessary and moral.

What about it Lizard Boy? Make your case for pacifists being "advanced" humans. Include the history of all the great pacifist victories over barbarism.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 27th, 2015 at 5:36pm:
What about it Lizard Boy? Make your case for pacifists being "advanced" humans. Include the history of all the great pacifist victories over barbarism.

Advanced ≠ Victorious

Do you think that Statism being victorious over liberty means Statism is more advanced?

It's a permeating cultural idea that pacifism is the most advanced ideology. And I can certainly see the progression toward it.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › To all libertarians
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy