Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Deep State
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The Deep State (Read 846 times)
Tommy Palven
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

The Deep State
Sep 26th, 2015 at 6:05am
Print Post  
Not a conspiracy, but not Sweet land of liberty, either:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/09/no_author/forget-the-new-world-order/

IP Logged

stevea

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Deep State
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
The hype smells a little paranoiac/conspiracy-like to me.

There is nothing "deep" about the erosion of the constitution and the creation of a police state from an over-abundance of fear created by demagogues.  It's not a news flash -  the government and some private interests both benefit from cell telephony that allows surveillance, just s some private enterprise benefits from making iron prison bars.

I'm just not seeing any substance that hasn't been long apparent.

Will this "deep state" meme going to excite the sheeple into action ?

IP Logged

Tommy Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
stevea wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 3:15pm:
Will this "deep state" meme going to excite the sheeple into action ?

Not you, apparently.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Tommy Palven wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 9:07pm:
Not you, apparently.

What sort of "action" do you have in mind? I hope the FBI is keeping an eye on you.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 27th, 2015 at 5:34pm:
What sort of "action" do you have in mind? I hope the FBI is keeping an eye on you.

The FBI keeps an eye on anyone who visits the https://www.lewrockwell.com/ site.

To the gov't,  the slogan  anti-state•anti-war•pro-market is blatant dissention and will not be tolerated.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 30th, 2015 at 1:02pm:
The FBI keeps an eye on anyone who visits the https://www.lewrockwell.com/ site.

To the gov't,  the slogan  anti-state•anti-war•pro-market is blatant dissention and will not be tolerated.

Yes, I know that, I was just "hoping" that the FBI was actually watching people who called for violent action. Revolutionary anarchists and such like. "Useful idiots".

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

stevea

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Tommy Palven wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 9:07pm:
Not you, apparently.

All snark, no cattle ?  I'm not one of the sheeple I was referring to.  I think I'm pretty aware of the problems our government has following the rules, and I vote & invest accordingly.

So i'll repeat my question.  Does wrapping the facts that our Republic form of government is failing in some X-files conspiracy nutter language of "deep state"  help or hurt the cause of gaining a greater mind-share toward a good result ?

I think it hurts.  It's demagoguery, that in part appeals to the deluded biz-hate biases of Progressives.  We certainly should revise some of the institutions of government, but not based on distorted paranoiac beliefs.  Government is bad b/c the mechanism creates a system of motives that tend to make ppl act badly - not because some secret cabal of the powerful decided to subvert it.  We need a clear-eyed view of the problem, not this drivel.

If we ever do have a revolution (hopefully a bloodless non-violent sort) then the chances of creating a better form of government are nil if ppl have their heads filled with puddin' & pixie-dust like "deep state".  Most revolutions produce worse outcomes.   Creating a froth of distrust and divisive hate with "deep state" thinking ensures a bad outcome.

IP Logged

Tommy Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 9:33am
Print Post  
stevea wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 1:59am:
So i'll repeat my question.  Does wrapping the facts that our Republic form of government is failing in some X-files conspiracy nutter language of "deep state"  help or hurt the cause of gaining a greater mind-share toward a good result ?

I don't think that reporting the fact that what General Eisenhower predicted in that little clip has come true is "nutter language." 

Is the fact that we have to rely on people like Edward Snowden to tell us what our police state is actually doing beneficial to individual liberty?

I think that this article is similar to Ron Paul's book, Turning Swords into Plowshares in that neither author thinks that anything will change until the US goes bankrupt;  they are just trying to discuss the truth with other like-minded people and to keep the ideas of liberty alive.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
--Joseph Goebbels

IP Logged

Tommy Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Here's some food for thought and cautionary advice to The Remnant, today, regarding the implosion of a once allegedly all-loving, all good, omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient State.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/10/karen-kwiatkowski/the-indispensable-nation-2

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Deep State
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy