Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ally w/ Green Party of US for unity chads for PotUSes&VPotUSes? edited
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ally w/ Green Party of US for unity chads for PotUSes&VPotUSes? edited (Read 9158 times)
AlayneLeung
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Ally w/ Green Party of US for unity chads for PotUSes&VPotUSes? edited
Reply #190 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Since William Weld seems to favor some gun control (see page 1), he'd make a good combo with katija gruene because she and the Green Party of the United States favor thoughtful gun control, though katija gruene had considered campaigning for President of the United States in I think 2016 with Kent Mesplay, but the Green Party of the United States renominated Jill Stein for that position in 2016 (Jill had her running mate be Ajamu Baraka in 2016), and Kent said he didn't want guns to be given up (I think Kent said that in 2015 xor 2016).

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #191 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
I was able to persuade my Green Party of the United States friend to accept William Weld and katija gruene for President Elect and Vice President Elect in 2,020.  Still, in addition to William Weld and katija gruene, I'd prefer about 4 or 5 CoPresidents Elected and 4 or 5 CoVice Presidents Elected in 2,020 to promote more diversity.

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #192 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 12:33pm:
...I'd prefer about 4 or 5 CoPresidents Elected and 4 or 5 CoVice Presidents Elected in 2,020 to promote more diversity.

This might be terribly confusing for voters, don't you think?

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #193 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
That won't be confusing to most voters because they:

1, can count to 10;

2, understand that 4 xor 5 CoPresidents & 4 xor 5 CoVice Presidents respectively can promote sleep for 3 xor 4 CoPresidents (while 4th xor 5th is on duty shift) and respectively can promote sleep for 3 xor 4 CoVice Presidents (while 4th xor 5th is on duty shift), and that will prevent abuses by government because more sleep provides more reasonable thinking;

3, understand that there will be less probability of assassination(s) of CoPresident(s) and CoVice President(s), and that will lessen the probability of others from same political parti(es) from being automatically elected.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #194 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 2:25pm:
Ok, forget Gary Johnson because I just heard he's trying to run with William Weld that had a pseudo gun control favoring record.  Let's nominate a different Libertarian for PotUS.

Gawd Gary Johnson was a horrible candidate.  He's not even a libertarian.  When they interview him, the first thing he does it try (poorly) to figure out what his position is supposed to be.

Yet I voted for him ...

First I tried to figure out who I could vote for and eliminated everyone.  I had to turn it around and eliminate candidates one by one until there was one left.  After repeating that a few times, I conceded it had to be him.

I'd LOVE To get a better Libertarian candidate than him next time

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #195 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 12:42pm:
Gawd Gary Johnson was a horrible candidate.  He's not even a libertarian.  When they interview him, the first thing he does it try (poorly) to figure out what his position is supposed to be.

Yet I voted for him ...

First I tried to figure out who I could vote for and eliminated everyone.  I had to turn it around and eliminate candidates one by one until there was one left.  After repeating that a few times, I conceded it had to be him.

I'd LOVE To get a better Libertarian candidate than him next time

Think of it as all US political parties have a barrel of apples to choose from, and in that barrel there's a rotting apple. The Dems and the Repubs had the biggest barrels and the libertarians had much smaller barrels. But the rot had spread in all the barrels to some extent.

Now look into the littlest barrel and see how the rot had spread so abruptly that none of the apples were suitable to eat. And in the two bigger barrels, the rot could be picked off the few apples that were left that could be saved.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #196 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:28pm:
Think of it as all US political parties have a barrel of apples to choose from, and in that barrel there's a rotting apple. The Dems and the Repubs had the biggest barrels and the libertarians had much smaller barrels. But the rot had spread in all the barrels to some extent.

Now look into the littlest barrel and see how the rot had spread so abruptly that none of the apples were suitable to eat. And in the two bigger barrels, the rot could be picked off the few apples that were left that could be saved.

And what do you learn from this story, grasshopper?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #197 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 12:42pm:
Gawd Gary Johnson was a horrible candidate...

I'd LOVE To get a better Libertarian candidate than [Gary Johnson] next time

You will.  No way will the LNC nominate Johnson as the 2020 LP candidate. 

There is some scuttlebutt about former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld running for LP Prez in 2020.  (Which is odd because he's a republican.) 

I had hoped that Austin Petersen would toss his hat into the ring, but he's a turncoat.  He no longer associates with libertarians.  He is now a Republican.  Angry

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #198 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:56pm:
I had hoped that Austin Petersen would toss his hat into the ring, but he's a turncoat.  He no longer associates with libertarians.  He is now a Republican.  Angry
Really? Not long ago on this very forum I was hearing that Peterson would save the Libertarian Party and people were jumping on me and calling me a "conservative Constitutionalist" because I didn't like him... Now he claims to be a Republican?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #199 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:01pm:
Not long ago on this very forum I was hearing that Peterson would save the Libertarian Party and people were jumping on me and calling me a "conservative Constitutionalist" because I didn't like him... Now he claims to be a Republican?

"For many years, I was a big-L Libertarian, competing in a crowded field for the party's nomination for the presidency in 2016. Changing parties – especially at this time – might seem like a counterintuitive move."

"But although turncoats like John McCain and Susan Collins have taken center stage and confused the party's image, several Republican leaders remain faithful to basic conservative principles."

"I believe in these core conservative principles... And I'm eager to partner with liberty-loving Republicans and President Trump in restoring federalism, freedom of faith, and fiscal responsibility in this country."

- Austin Petersen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ally w/ Green Party of US for unity chads for PotUSes&VPotUSes? edited
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy