Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Deep State
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Deep State (Read 5120 times)
BobK71
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Deep State
Reply #10 - Oct 30th, 2016 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
For me the best evidence of a Deep State are how the following happened through the centuries:

1. The Netherlands was able to turn England from enemy to ally to help support the Dutch Golden Age asset bubble just when it was about to collapse.  (And to help defeat France which was not friendly to the Netherlands or its bubble.)

2. Britain for some strange reason got so many of its citizens slaughtered by joining World War 1 for reasons still not well understood.  And it just happened to be a time when the British asset bubble was fragile and needed the friendly US to ascend to world hegemony to help support it (and also needed Germany to be out of the running for hegemony.)

3. Indians are now one of the few major countries to have a very positive opinion of the US.  This was in large part due to the US abdicating its responsibilities for nuclear nonproliferation in the 90s by helping and encouraging India to acquire the bomb, for no apparent reason.  And it just happens to be a time when the US asset bubble is fragile and needs a future friendly imperial power to help support it (while the US is doing a good job to make sure the unfriendly China does not inherit the empire.)

So, just perhaps, the Deep State isn't even part of the state but a bunch of financiers?  (Since financiers stand to lose the most if and when an imperial bubble reaches a hard landing -- they know they will be blamed for the pain.)

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 3:29pm:
bumpity bump.

bumpity bump, screech, CRASH!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Oct 30th, 2016 at 9:21pm:
2. Britain for some strange reason got so many of its citizens slaughtered by joining World War 1 for reasons still not well understood.

Exactly how ignorant of history are you?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 8:18am
Print Post  

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 5:53pm:
Exactly how ignorant of history are you?

If you have an alternative explanation for why Britain joined WW1, I'd like to hear it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
2. Britain for some strange reason got so many of its citizens slaughtered by joining World War 1 for reasons still not well understood.

First you should tell me what the "not well understood reasons" are.
Then I'll tell you why Great Britain got involved in WWI, just the pretty well understood reasons anyway. The real what was going on and the reasons behind it.

But you first.

I can't present an "alternative" explanation without knowing what your explanation is.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
3. Indians are now one of the few major countries to have a very positive opinion of the US.  This was in large part due to the US abdicating its responsibilities for nuclear nonproliferation in the 90s by helping and encouraging India to acquire the bomb, for no apparent reason.

All these years I thought it was the U.S.S.R. that helped India get the bomb... they were after all sleeping together back then... and opposing the U.S.

India wanted the bomb because Pakistan was developing nuclear weapons at the time. Rumor has it that Pakistan still has Nukes.... that makes Indians nervous.

All of them make me nervous. Except the British. I'm OK with them having Nukes.

BTW, India set off its first nuke in 1974- you really are ignorant of all history, or too stupid to ask simple questions of internet search engines... maybe the ignorance and stupidity are connected? IDK.

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Nov 4th, 2016 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 1st, 2016 at 4:40pm:
All these years I thought it was the U.S.S.R. that helped India get the bomb... they were after all sleeping together back then... and opposing the U.S.

India wanted the bomb because Pakistan was developing nuclear weapons at the time. Rumor has it that Pakistan still has Nukes.... that makes Indians nervous.

BTW, India set off its first nuke in 1974- you really are ignorant of all history, or too stupid to ask simple questions of internet search engines... maybe the ignorance and stupidity are connected? IDK.

What does any of this have to do with my narrative?  Now the part about me being ignorant and stupid I'll grant, but other than that...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Nov 5th, 2016 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Nov 4th, 2016 at 2:46pm:
What does any of this have to do with my narrative?  Now the part about me being ignorant and stupid I'll grant, but other than that...

Yes, that was my point, that your "narrative" was ignorant and stupid.

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Nov 5th, 2016 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 1st, 2016 at 4:40pm:

Past friendships and enmity mean little for the deep state.  The Netherlands just had a war with England before turning it close ally.  Britain was with German states against France in the 18th century, and was with France against Germany after its unification.

Having the bomb only unofficially (or only in readiness) is not the same as having it openly.  There is no question the US broke protocol to help India and that India is grateful.

What do you find incorrect in this narrative?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Deep State
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy