Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Deep State
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Deep State (Read 5121 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Deep State
Reply #80 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 11:59am:
Congress is both fearful of and grateful to the Fed.  Congress is like a superstitious tribe on an island that thinks that the fresh water that comes from a spring is a gift from the gods.  The last thing they would do is offend the gods by attempting to trace the source or dig around to see how the spring actually works.

Look at Ron Paul's "audit the Fed" idea that went nowhere fast.

Your own country is the most superstitious of all the modern developed countries so it's hardly your place to be pointing it out on undeveloped islands. The statistics show that roughly 50% of Americans believe the creation superstition over Darwinian evolution.

However, I understand that would be a matter of being proud of it for you.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #81 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
It is you who are proud of being a faithful believer in Darwinian evolution.  The lack of evidence means nothing to a dedicated dogmatist such as yourself.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #82 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 12:28pm:
It is you who are proud of being a faithful believer in Darwinian evolution.  The lack of evidence means nothing to a dedicated dogmatist such as yourself.

The lack of evidence?? What could you possibly mean? The entire world is evidence. The fossil record is amazingly complete considering the small chances of animals becoming fossilized!

The universe is evidence!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #83 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 11:59am:
Congress is both fearful of and grateful to the Fed.  Congress is like a superstitious tribe on an island that thinks that the fresh water that comes from a spring is a gift from the gods.  The last thing they would do is offend the gods by attempting to trace the source or dig around to see how the spring actually works.

Congress knows exactly how the Fed serves them.
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2017 at 6:33pm by Jeff »  

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #84 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 9:50am:
I really think this ties in with the Fed and the MIC and the return of Medieval systems of political economy.

My Voltarian friend tells me there is talk of eradicating earth 'civilization' and starting over.

I'm beginning to think she's blustering.

I've heard of unrest in the Voltarian Confederation...

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #85 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 7:40am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:57pm:
Im a little skeptical that the "deep state" even exists.

Do you suppose that once-poor Barack Obama and once-poor anti-war activist John Kerry, who are now millionaires like the once-poor Clintons, were totally co-opted by the Deep St..ah, ..uh, I mean the Military-Industrial-Congressional Complex?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #86 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 7:40am:
Do you suppose that once-poor Barack Obama and once-poor anti-war activist John Kerry, who are now millionaires like the once-poor Clintons, were totally co-opted by the Deep St..ah, ..uh, I mean the Military-Industrial-Congressional Complex?
"Totally" is probably too strong...

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #87 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 12:42pm
Print Post  

I'm skeptical about the "Deep State" because if it truly existed, Hillary could not have lost to Trump last November.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #88 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 12:58pm
Print Post  

And that's the thanks they get for preventing the PNAC agenda to be fulfilled in Syria and Iran?

If I was an  American I would be much more concerned about the huge tax cuts Trump has awarded is rich friends.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #89 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
My take on the "Deep State" is that it's not a grand conspiracy in which members communicate with each other.  It's more that bureaucrats everywhere recognize pretty easily which politicians are more friendly to the idea of their growing power.  Like terrorists who follow the guidelines of ISIS, they don't have to communicate directly to further the goals of the group.

It's a lot like the liberal media.  Not a grand conspiracy of planning but more of a silent conspiracy of consensus.  Let's say Hillary were to be caught on camera tossing puppies into a river while running for president in 2020.  It would be viral on Youtube so what's the media to do?  One media source might follow the campaign's line that Hillary was protecting a small community from an outbreak of puppy-borne Ebola.  One would say that the whole story was fake news based on faked video.  One would say that everyone drowns puppies and they can't believe the hypocrisy of Clinton's critics.  The media outlets would read each other's headlines and whichever story gained traction would become the meme and the rest would be deleted.

It used to be that Dems were for a growing government and Reps were against, but that turns out to be lip service only.

The deep state hates Trump not because he's actually going to drain the swamp but because he will at least try to keep the swamp from spreading as quickly and deeply as it does under Demopublicans.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Deep State
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy