Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Planet Money Presidential Platform
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Planet Money Presidential Platform (Read 12234 times)
AlayneLeung
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Planet Money Presidential Platform
Reply #30 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 11:34am
Print Post  
I'm not a police officer, so I don't issue citations.  Electric companies would probably not get money if factories, that make perpetual motion machines for sale, got that money instead of said electric companies.  Electric companies have been trying to prevent free electricity from getting to people so that said electric companies can continue to sell electricity to people for profits (electric companies don't want each person to become electrical energy self sufficient).

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Citation: the act of citing or quoting a reference to an authority or a precedent.

Provide a source for the statement that there have been patents granted for operating perpetual motion machines(PMM).

Still, the electrical utility would make more money if they didn't have to purchase fuel.  Simple math really, even mustache twirling fat cat could do that math.  The guy making such machines would make a fortune selling them either to utilities or to the public.  Governments and other industries would save billions.  The only plausible explanation for why they aren't in use is that they do not and cannot exist. 

I still can't tell you if you are serious, probably because I can't believe anyone actually believes in such things, do you think the earth is flat as well?
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2017 at 3:36pm by ahhell »  

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Buy that book Perpetual Motion Machines The History of an Obsession that talks about perpetual motion machines that I provided that link to; I'm sure that book has several patented perpetual motion machines.

I believe earth is round; look at earth's atmosphere; it's round.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Have you read it, I'm sure it does not include examples of working PMMs.

Quote:
In closing the original edition, OrdHume saluted the dogged persistence of discredited ideas: “There must be something in the make-up of the perpetual motionist which, while urging him on in his quest for the impossible, encourages him not to deviate from the well-trodden path to certain failure.”

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
I did read a book on PMMs.  (I'm not sure if that book is the same book that I provided link to, or if that book that I provided link for is a newer version), and I saw numerous drawings of patented PMMs and explanations as to how they function.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 10:58am:
Basic perpetual motion machines usually function by having their 2 opposite and equal reactions function against each other to cancel each other so that 2 actions can provide movement or power.  Here's a more complex example:

http://www.mordel.net/barandgrill.php?redirect=viewtopic&t=9757

This theoretical machine will not yield enough energy to keep itself going and have something left over.  There are 2 very important electrical losses which are not factored into his calculations.

He fails to factor in transient inductive and/or capacitive reactance losses in the formula.  Any electrical engineer with a 2-year associates degree knows this. Im not one, but it should be an easy task for someone with electrical know-how to debunk his formula.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
That link provides a diagram and explanation of electricity generated; no capacitors in that invention so no need to explain capacitive reactance; as for inductance, it's common knowledge that the bigger the output inductive coils of an electric transformer, the more electrical power you get.  There is probably a maximum limit to electrical power output because electric wires can be melted by high temperatures of high electric current, though.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 1:20pm:
That link provides a diagram and explanation of electricity generated; no capacitors in that invention so no need to explain capacitive reactance; as for inductance, it's common knowledge that the bigger the output inductive coils of an electric transformer, the more electrical power you get.  There is probably a maximum limit to electrical power output because electric wires can be melted by high temperatures of high electric current, though.

What do you mean by "more electrical power".   The power output of a transformer is equal to the input minus losses, regardless of the size of the output coils. Transformers change the voltage not the power. 

Power = voltage * current.  All a transformer does is change voltage and current.  If the voltage out is higher than the voltage in then the current out will proportionately lower than the current in.

Common knowledge it seems is wrong.

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Then why have transformers in electric circuits if they "provide nothing"?

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 3:20pm:
Then why have transformers in electric circuits if they "provide nothing"?

You really don't understand the use of quotation marks.  Transformers serve a few very useful functions.  Number one they change the voltage of the power supply. Transmission is more efficient at higher voltages but higher voltage his more dangerous, so we use step down transformers to convert the transmitted power to lower voltages for household use.  Magnetic fields don't change rapidly so transformers also smooth out the current if you have a lot of voltage spikes that might damage sensitive equipment or if you need to convert DC to AC.  They can also be used in certain transducers(signal converters), they've mostly been replaced by solid state devices in those applications though. 

It appears your physics education did not include any practical education. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Planet Money Presidential Platform
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy