Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional? (Read 6151 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Reply #10 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 4:58pm:
Cheesy Cheesy CheesyMan, sometimes I forget how optimistic you can be.

I don't know if it's unconstitutional, it probably is for reasons mentioned by others. 

It will not make me any safer, mostly because as an American who doesn't live in Chicago, I'm already about as safe as any human can be.  I'm fine with lots of refugees coming here.   I feel no threat from the tiny trickle of Muslims and Arabs that have or will come to the US.

I'm certain we are talking on the same topic. It's not really a matter of numbers (although your statistical chance of being killed by a terrorist is miniscule) lt's a matter of not letting in anyone who wants to blow us up and run over us and shoot us at random. If we can save even one child's life from a terrorist attack, it's worth some impositions on foreign nationals from countries that are full of people who want to blow us up and run over us and shoot us at random.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
President Trump had two words for (pro-tem)Attorney General Sally Yates:

President Trump fired his acting attorney general on Monday after she defiantly refused to defend his immigration executive order, accusing the Democratic holdover of trying to obstruct his agenda for political reasons.

Taking action in an escalating crisis for his 10-day-old administration, Mr. Trump declared that Sally Q. Yates had “betrayed” the administration, the White House said in a statement.

The president appointed Dana J. Boente, United States attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, to serve as acting attorney general until Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama is confirmed.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/us/politics/trump-immigration-ban-memo.html?_...

DRAIN THE SWAMP.

IP Logged

Drake_Burrwood

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
It isn't YET a ban it is a 90 day delay, and even that seems to be limited if one has a green card.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Drake_Burrwood wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:13pm:
It isn't YET a ban it is a 90 day delay, and even that seems to be limited if one has a green card.

There is a previously used and Supreme Court tested law that gives our President the power to do what President Trump did. The time limit is at his discretion. It's also his obligation to work with Congress and the States to resolve the issue. Allie Allie In-Free isn't what people want any more of. Congress needs to listen to their liberty/libertarian/Constitutionalist members and get busy. Transparency would be good. They should keep in mind the fact that they can impeach the President and remove him from office.

Please, don't tell me about things like all the Hillary supporters and some of the Bernie supporters in Kalifornia want to leave the Union. Big deal. There aren't that many of them.

And I guess nobody in America wants to see Hillary answer to her (well documented) crimes?

IP Logged

Drake_Burrwood

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 11:40pm:
Its my understanding that the Constitution applies to people in this country. It doesn't protect people in other countries unless they are a US citizen. 
That's how I understand it. Is this incorrect?

The Bill of Rights creates no Rights, the Rights existed before and the Bill of Rights simply restrains the Union, and Now due to the 14th amendment the States form violating these Rights.. and those Rights that pre-existed but didn't get enumerated into the Bill of Rights.   Cheesy
Okay.. whatt do I think that means.. we as Libertarians.  Need to Consider the "Natural Rights Of Man".. or the "God-Given Rights" as NOT being linked to Citizenship.. otherwise one day we will discover someone has desided we aren't "REAL" citizens so don't deserve the rights the Government Gives Real Citizens.

++XB=3~<

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Drake_Burrwood wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:26pm:
The Bill of Rights creates no Rights, the Rights existed before and the Bill of Rights simply restrains the Union, and Now due to the 14th amendment the States form violating these Rights.. and those Rights that pre-existed but didn't get enumerated into the Bill of Rights.   Cheesy
Okay.. whatt do I think that means.. we as Libertarians.  Need to Consider the "Natural Rights Of Man".. or the "God-Given Rights" as NOT being linked to Citizenship.. otherwise one day we will discover someone has desided we aren't "REAL" citizens so don't deserve the rights the Government Gives Real Citizens.

++XB=3~<

Yer off the rails Buddy. Go drink a lot of water and sit down in a quiet place.

IP Logged

Drake_Burrwood

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:20pm:
1. There is a previously used and Supreme Court tested law that gives our President the power to do what President Trump did. The time limit is at his discr...

2. Please, don't tell me about things like all the Hillary supporters and some of the Bernie supporters in Kalifornia want to leave the Union. Big deal. There aren't that many of them.

3. And I guess nobody in America wants to see Hillary answer to her (well documented) crimes?

1- That is as it may be but it is still not; YET a ban, but a delay.  Many laws have been tested by the Supreme Court but untested with active 14th amendment precedents.  but we will see.
2- ERRRrrrrr....,  Okay  Huh

3- Let me put it this way.. the only statutory violation, that was openly reported by the FBI.. was not a crime but a Civil Infraction.  with No prison time possible.   Would I like Her to face the civil penalty in place in the Statutue, of never being able to hold Federal Office again.. Sure.
   Beyond that I'll see what happens.

IP Logged

Drake_Burrwood

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:28pm:
Yer off the rails Buddy. Go drink a lot of water and sit down in a quiet place.

Sadly all I got is coffee.   Shocked

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Drake_Burrwood wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:39pm:
1- That is as it may be but it is still not; YET a ban, but a delay.

Yes, a temporary ban is a delay, but they are different.

A temporary ban can be enforced because of law. A delay is usually accidental, an act of God.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Drake_Burrwood wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:41pm:
Sadly all I got is coffee.   Shocked

Free coffee? Is it any good? Can I come by and get some?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy