Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional? (Read 10063 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Reply #20 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Drake_Burrwood wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:39pm:
3- Let me put it this way.. the only statutory violation, that was openly reported by the FBI.. was not a crime but a Civil Infraction.
That's not what they have told the people they put in jail for violating the same statutes.

My theory is that Hillary didn't want to use the government system because she didn't want any records of what she did as Secretary of State. Hillary has never been forthcoming about what she is doing/has done.

Her problems occurred because she, and the people around her, are arrogant but ignorant. They said things to each other on the "private server" that they thought no one would ever hear of. That has been bad for them politically.

But the illegal part, the federal crime part, is being careless with national security secrets. It's a felony federal crime that Congress felt compelled to specify did not require intent.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 5:18pm:
I'm certain we are talking on the same topic. It's not really a matter of numbers (although your statistical chance of being killed by a terrorist is miniscule) lt's a matter of not letting in anyone who wants to blow us up and run over us and shoot us at random. If we can save even one child's life from a terrorist attack, it's worth some impositions on foreign nationals from countries that are full of people who want to blow us up and run over us and shoot us at random.

Having done a bit of reading since my post, this ban is unlikely to achieve that goal.  The refugees are generally significantly better vetted than say, everyone else who comes to the country on pretty much every other sort of visa.  Not to mention this doesn't ban folks from nations who's subjects have committed terrorist attacks on the Us in the last 10 ish years. 

It also seems as thought the bans is probably constitutional but not legal, that is, it doesn't violate the constitution but likely violates US immigration law.  So, I guess its indirectly unconstitutional in that the POTUS is obligated to enforce US law.

IP Logged

Drake_Burrwood
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:45pm:
That's not what they have told the people they put in jail for violating the same statutes.

Wrong Statute, this one is on mishandling "negligently handling" regular federal documents, not top secret, not classified, just normal federal documents.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:48pm:
It also seems as thought the bans is probably constitutional but not legal, that is, it doesn't violate the constitution but likely violates US immigration law.

The President has the express permission of Congress to do what he just did. It's part of the U.S. Code.

IP Logged

Drake_Burrwood
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 5:48pm:
...this doesn't ban folks from nations who's subjects have committed terrorist attacks on the Us in the last 10 ish years. 

My understanding is, the set of countries was deliberately chosen, to fit a list created by Obama.
   Which makes me think and seems to be verified by gossip that they wanted to be able to Agree that the list was "incomplete" since "He"[the other he] made the list.  So the fight becomes over adding more to the list rather then removing the list.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Drake_Burrwood wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 6:00pm:
My understanding is, the set of countries was deliberately chosen, to fit a list created by Obama.
   Which makes me think and seems to be verified by gossip that they wanted to be able to Agree that the list was "incomplete" since "He"[the other he] made the list.  So the fight becomes over adding more to the list rather then removing the list.

You have no understanding of this issue. Listening to gossip has obviously not served you well.

IP Logged

Drake_Burrwood
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 6:11pm:
You have no understanding of this issue. Listening to gossip has obviously not served you well.

That was Oddly unExplicit.
That is why I came here to gossip over anther fence.  Wink

++XB=3~<

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Drake_Burrwood wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 6:53pm:
That was Oddly unExplicit.

Maybe you are dense. If I said you have no crappity smacking idea what you are babbling about, would that be more clear?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 9:05am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Drake_Burrwood
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 7:05pm:
Maybe you are dense. If I said you have no crappity smacking idea what you are babbling about, would that be more clear?

As clear as the first, and still Oddly unExplicit.---  Wink

++XB=3~<

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy