Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional? (Read 6145 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Reply #210 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 26th, 2017 at 1:21pm:
Difference or not, the only way insurance can work is if everybody takes part.
You mean my car insurance is no good because I buy it from a small insurance company, or car insurance in general is no good because not everybody owns a car?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #211 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 26th, 2017 at 1:21pm:
If you think your health care system is just fine the way it is, then we probably have little to talk about.
Of course we don't. We've been complaining of government interference in the market since WWII, and it's government interference in the market that's screwed it up.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #212 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 26th, 2017 at 1:38pm:
Of course we don't. We've been complaining of government interference in the market since WWII, and it's government interference in the market that's screwed it up.

Thank you. You don't think your health care system is just fine. I don't accept your reasoning but that can become a part of an ongoing debate.

My main argument won't be a surprise to you. The lack of goverenment control over your health care system is the reason why it has failed. Trump and the Republicans have no answer so far. I don't think there really 'is' an answer that doesn't involve universal health care.

I've suggested that you people have a look at the system that's been adopted by Singapore because it seems to be a hybrid. It could be workable for the US but that's a maybe that would have to be considered later.

What would you propose for a private non-government system?
I'll get into the details anytime somebody wants to get into it. But I'm not going to stop building road blocks that can't be ignored.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #213 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Back on topic, carefully vetting who we allow into America is 100% Constitutional.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #214 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Today, the U.S. Supreme Court handed a victory to President Donald Trump by allowing his latest travel ban targeting people from six Muslim-majority countries to go into full effect even as legal challenges continue in lower courts.

The ban was challenged in separate lawsuits by the state of Hawaii and the ACLU. Both sets of challengers said the latest ban, like the earlier ones, discriminates against Muslims in violation of the U.S. Constitution and is not permissible under immigration laws.

rest of article at:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-immigration/supreme-court-lets-trum...

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #215 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 26th, 2017 at 4:11pm:
Back on topic, carefully vetting who we allow into America is 100% Constitutional.

Consistent with you being only a pseudo-libertarian. Right/left politics dictate your every word. But then, you really don't even claim to be one do you!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #216 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 8:03pm:
Today, the U.S. Supreme Court handed a victory to President Donald Trump by allowing his latest travel ban targeting people from six Muslim-majority countries to go into full effect even as legal challenges continue in lower courts.

The ban was challenged in separate lawsuits by the state of Hawaii and the ACLU. Both sets of challengers said the latest ban, like the earlier ones, discriminates against Muslims in violation of the U.S. Constitution and is not permissible under immigration laws.

rest of article at:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-immigration/supreme-court-lets-trum...

Take a position Chief.

It's glaringly suspicious that you haven't. Has Jeff legitimized his position enough for you to adopt it?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #217 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:26pm:
Take a position Chief.

It's glaringly suspicious that you haven't. Has Jeff legitimized his position enough for you to adopt it?

I agree 100% with Jeff. 

Trump's Travel Ban is Constitutional because the ban is only applicable to people who are not in this country.

As you know, our Constitution only protects the people who are aleady here.  Ergo, vetting people who enter our country is perfectly Constitutional.

Also, as North Korea and Venezuela have been added to the list of countries named in the travel ban,, it can no longer be classified as a "Muslim" Travel Ban as North Korea and Venezuela are not Muslim countries.  (yet)

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #218 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 2:13pm:
I agree 100% with Jeff. 

Trump's Travel Ban is Constitutional because the ban is only applicable to people who are not in this country.

As you know, our Constitution only protects the people who are aleady here.  Ergo, vetting people who enter our country is perfectly Constitutional.

Also, as North Korea and Venezuela have been added to the list of countries named in the travel ban,, it can no longer be classified as a "Muslim" Travel Ban as North Korea and Venezuela are not Muslim countries.  (yet)
From what I've seen going on in South and Central America lately, we should carefully vet people from there too... And probably Canada if what the Donat says is true about it.

Edit: Anti-Americans are who we want to keep out, no matter where they are from or what they look like.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #219 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 26th, 2017 at 2:08pm:
My main argument won't be a surprise to you. The lack of goverenment control over your health care system is the reason why it has failed.

Crap - I just lost 10 IQ points.

Re-calculating....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy