Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional? (Read 9918 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Reply #250 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 6:28am
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 26th, 2018 at 10:45pm:
Really Jeff.  How do you know if a Muslim is a terrorist or not?
First I have to know something about her life and family and friends.

How do you know if someone is really a Muslim? Just because she was born and raised in a majority Muslim country?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #251 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Jeff, you cannot possibly know if a Muslim will end up being a terrorist or not.  Their religion gives them permission to lie when it comes to dealing with their enemies, and family members don't always know what they're up to.  Also, as I said, children of moderate Muslims are being radicalized.  I think the West reducing Muslim immigration to a trickle is a good idea, it will cut down on terrorist activities.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #252 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 27th, 2018 at 6:28am:
How do you know if someone is really a Muslim? Just because she was born and raised in a majority Muslim country?

If a person is born and raised in a majority Muslim country, then it's safe to assume that he/she is Muslim.  In Islam, the penalty for apostacy is death.  That's pretty good incentive for someone to remain a Muslim.

Any Muslim who leaves Islam must immediately flee to a non-Muslim country or they will be killed in accordance with Shariah Law.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #253 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 27th, 2018 at 12:01pm:
If a person is born and raised in a majority Muslim country, then it's safe to assume that he/she is Muslim.  In Islam, the penalty for apostacy is death.  That's pretty good incentive for someone to remain a Muslim.

Any Muslim who leaves Islam must immediately flee to a non-Muslim country or they will be killed in accordance with Shariah Law.

This is obviously not true. Even the Islamic Republic of Iran allows and is tolerant of other religions.

The comparison can be made to the US on it's anti-Muslim policies.

Trump's Muslim ban can be justified in the US because the American people have already started down the path to fascism. But it's not accepted as legitimate in other countries.

The similarities with 1930's Germany are becoming more visible every day. Only a few Americans will stand up and object. History tells us how that goes.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #254 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This is obviously not true. Even the Islamic Republic of Iran allows and is tolerant of other religions.

As usual, you are completely wrong. You obviously don't know anything about Sharia Law.

references:

"Muslims believe Sharia is the ..... that the penalty for apostasy, or converting to another faith, is death."
http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-...

You will find others who desire that they should be safe from you and secure from their own people; as often as they are sent back to the mischief they get thrown into it headlong; therefore if they do not withdraw from you, and (do not) offer you peace and restrain their hands, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them; and against these We have given you a clear authority. — Quran 4:91

(Hadith)
Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

— Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:17

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #255 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 27th, 2018 at 12:42pm:
As usual, you are completely wrong. You obviously don't know anything about Sharia Law.

references:

"Muslims believe Sharia is the ..... that the penalty for apostasy, or converting to another faith, is death."
http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-...

You will find others who desire that they should be safe from you and secure from their own people; as often as they are sent back to the mischief they get thrown into it headlong; therefore if they do not withdraw from you, and (do not) offer you peace and restrain their hands, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them; and against these We have given you a clear authority. — Quran 4:91

(Hadith)
Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

— Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:17

Only a propagandized fool would quote Sharia law when the discussion was about countries allowing various other religions.

The simple and quick rebuttal to that kind of extremist nonsense would be to quote the Christian bibles on their advocating of violence against others.

Neither have much to do with the real world.

What it does pertain to is the kind of exclusionist hateful policies of the US under the Trump regime. What was held to limits under other admins is now a fullblown more to fascism. (by definition)

And you mr. pseudo-libertarian have been conned into being a leader of the move. Along with the equally amateurish Ruby.

Mentally weak people of you and Ruby's persuasion, can always be depended upon to lead the way down the path to fascism.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #256 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The simple and quick rebuttal to that kind of extremist nonsense would be to quote the Christian bibles on their advocating of violence against others.

That's not a rebuttal.  That actually supports my claim that innocent people are murdered in the name of religious apostacy or herecy.

During the Spanish Inquisition, tens of thousands (some historians estimate HUNDREDS of thousands) of Christians were slaughtered because they (Protestant heretics) dared question the dogma of the Catholic Church.
http://thecripplegate.com/how-many-people-died-in-the-inquisition/

Quote:
And you mr. pseudo-libertarian have been conned into being a leader of the move. Along with the equally amateurish Ruby.

Mentally weak people of you and Ruby's persuasion, can always be depended upon to lead the way down the path to fascism.

Rubbish.  I'm not a leader of any "move".  I complain when government tramples on the individual's liberties and rights.  I'm just one of countless other libertarians who do the same.   Deal with it.

You're frustrated because fundamental libertarian ideologies escape you.  To leftists, the term Self-ownership has as much meaning as the term dptab-gpsodterwm.

IP Logged

Dual Guy
Ex Member

Reply #257 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
New member, still learning how to use the tools, sorry

IP Logged

Dual Guy
Ex Member

Reply #258 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 27th, 2018 at 6:25am:
Yes, that's true, and it's a real problem that looks to me as if it comes with politicizing the Court, choosing (or threatening to choose) justices who will view the Constitution through political filters.

My proposal for the easiest solution is to repeal the 17th Amendment and clarify that the 16th Amendment doesn't magically turn wages and salaries into incomes.

I've only recently come to understand that there are people who actually believe that the Blessings of Liberty can only be preserved (or restored) by a wise autocrat. I should have understood it sooner, but it seems so absurd and counter intuitive that I couldn't believe it, but I think that was a popular feeling during the Great Depression, and probably accounts for Putin's control of Russia.

It always seemed strange to me that one of the 3 branches of government, the Judicial, is appointed and not elected. America is not as democratic as it professes to be. It is a constitutional republic. I am not sure if it would be better if the SCOTUS Justices were elected, but it would be more democratic.  A benign dictatorship always seems attractive to people in a time of turmoil, as long as he is on their side of the issues.  Huey Long was popular in Louisiana. All the Kings Men with Broderick Crawford was a great movie. Putin is popular with the Russian people. Russian history and culture is a continuing narrative about the Czar or Communist Dictator coming to rescue of the people, but it rarely has. It seems to be a hope the Russian people continue to cling to. Whether it is Obama, Trump or another politician it seems many Americans also look for a savior who can bring change and make things better for them. I would just settle for good governance that makes decisions in the best interest of the American people. I am not looking for someone to save America. The American people are the saviors of America.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #259 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It always seemed strange to me that one of the 3 branches of government, the Judicial, is appointed and not elected. America is not as democratic as it professes to be. It is a constitutional republic. I am not sure if it would be better if the SCOTUS Justices were elected, but it would be more democratic.

It makes little difference in a totally corrupted society. Kennedy steps down from the SC and the grip on fascist corruption under Trump is further solidified.

The world is watching.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy