Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional? (Read 9921 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Reply #270 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I would suggest something like:

Libertarians demand that all people coming to the US be charged $500. The government could then pass it on to the appropriate private company to administer. Like MacDonald's or Disney world. Or maybe Fox News in care of Shawn Hannity?

No, it wouldn't be set up like that.  The Guest Visa program would be privately operated, but the proceeds would not got to Mc Donalds or Disneyland, as you've suggested.

The profits will go to the company who wins the bid to operate the Guest Visa program - very much like the privately-owned companies in California who build and maintain our Toll Roads. They get the right-of-way by the government and they're on their own.

The idea is to take away the burden from US Taxpayers, and shift the cost of operations to the immigrants who will benefit from it. 

The only way to accomplish this is to have the Private sector run it. Government would just make a sloppy mess out of it - just look at what they did with the US Postal Service. The USPS is running an annual $3.2 billion deficit!!   

When something needs to be done efficiently, it's always best when the private sector does it.

The only government involvement would be with immigration quotas. But that's just a number, and no burden to taxpayers.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #271 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:58pm:
No, it wouldn't be set up like that.  The Guest Visa program would be privately operated, but the proceeds would not got to Mc Donalds or Disneyland, as you've suggested.

The profits will go to the company who wins the bid to operate the Guest Visa program - very much like the privately-owned companies in California who build and maintain our Toll Roads. They get the right-of-way by the government and they're on their own.

The idea is to take away the burden from US Taxpayers, and shift the cost of operations to the immigrants who will benefit from it. 

The only way to accomplish this is to have the Private sector run it. Government would just make a sloppy mess out of it - just look at what they did with the US Postal Service. The USPS is running an annual $3.2 billion deficit!!   

When something needs to be done efficiently, it's always best when the private sector does it.

The only government involvement would be with immigration quotas. But that's just a number, and no burden to taxpayers.
Where's the petition. I want to read it before I sign it.

please ensure that it doesn't favour white people over Hispanics or other non-white people. I can't tolerate racism and I'm never fooled by attempts to hide it. I smell it on my boss all the time so I know what it smells like too.

To be honest, it's one of the main reasons why I've always been opposed to your plan.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #272 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
Where's the petition. I want to read it before I sign it.

please ensure that it doesn't favour white people over Hispanics or other non-white people. I can't tolerate racism and I'm never fooled by attempts to hide it. I smell it on my boss all the time so I know what it smells like too.

To be honest, it's one of the main reasons why I've always been opposed to your plan.

That's the beauty of Guest Visas...  Race, religious beliefs, economic status -- none of it matters.  All applicants are treated equally and vetted using the same criteria. 

The vetting process is just to make sure the applicant is not a criminal or a terrorist or on a "no-fly" list. The vetting process should take a few minutes.  Guest Visa will query various databases which will flag any dangerous people trying to get in.

The best part is:

No one must state a reason why they want to come here.  They're guests.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #273 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:34am
Print Post  
The petition?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #274 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The petition?

I don't have a petition.  Here's the letter I sent to my representative, Maxine Waters:

Dear Representative Waters,

Our Immigration Policy is in a terrible state. It has needed reform for a long time now, and Congress still hasn't been able to reach an agreement on sensible reform of Immigration Policy in the the US. Many immigrants pay thousands of dollars (up to $4,000) for human traffickers to smuggle them into the US, at great risk to themselves and their children.

I have a simple solution. A "Guest" Visa which will allow immigrants to enter the US legally, and without fear of arrest or deportation.

This Guest Visa can be made available to immigrants at each US Point-Of-Entry. It will be valid for twelve (12) months, and can be renewed indefinitely. There will be a vetting process to make sure the applicant is not a criminal or a terrorist coming to cause harm to Americans. Various databases can be utilized for this process.  The applicant should be able to get his or her "Guest" Visa within 15 or 20 minutes from the time they begin the application process.

With the Guest Visa, there is no longer any need for immigrants to wait days (or weeks) for asylum status, because the Guest Visa wil be valid on the same day it was issued. The H-1B "Guest Worker" visas are very exclusive, because it requires the applicant has a college degree and be "highly-skilled". Also, the H-1B visas are temporary, and NOT renewable.

I hope you find merit to my idea. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Sincerely,
(constituent, 43rd Congressional District)

I have sent this letter TWICE.  Both times Maxine responded with a simple thank-you note  thanking me for taking the time to write to her, and didn't mention a SINGLE WORD about my Guest Visa Plan.

I suspect that Maxine never even read my letters, and probably instructed her staff to reply on her behalf.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #275 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:52pm:
I don't have a petition.  Here's the letter I sent to my representative, Maxine Waters:

Our Immigration Policy is in a terrible state. It has needed reform for a long time now, and Congress still hasn't been able to reach an agreement on sensible reform of Immigration Policy in the the US. Many immigrants pay thousands of dollars (up to $4,000) for human traffickers to smuggle them into the US, at great risk to themselves and their children.

I have a simple solution. A "Guest" Visa which will allow immigrants to enter the US legally, and without fear of arrest or deportation.

This Guest Visa can be made available to immigrants at each US Point-Of-Entry. It will be valid for twelve (12) months, and can be renewed indefinitely. There will be a vetting process to make sure the applicant is not a criminal or a terrorist coming to cause harm to Americans. Various databases can be utilized for this process.  The applicant should be able to get his or her "Guest" Visa within 15 or 20 minutes from the time they begin the application process.

With the Guest Visa, there is no longer any need for immigrants to wait days (or weeks) for asylum visas, because the Guest Visa wil be valid on the same day it was issued. The H-1B "Guest Worker" visas are very exclusive, because it requires the applicant has a college degree and be "highly-skilled". Also, the H-1B visas are temporary, and NOT renewable.

Sincerely,

I have sent this letter TWICE.  Both times Maxine responded with a simple thank-you note  thanking me for taking the time to write to her, and didn't mention a single word about my Guest Visa Plan.

I suspect that Maxine never even read my letters, and probably instructed her staff to answer on her behalf.
My guess is she believes that vetting is racist and dismisses your plan because it includes vetting.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #276 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:52pm:

With the Guest Visa, there is no longer any need for immigrants to wait days (or weeks) for asylum status, because the Guest Visa wil be valid on the same day it was issued. The H-1B "Guest Worker" visas are very exclusive, because it requires the applicant has a college degree and be "highly-skilled". Also, the H-1B visas are temporary, and NOT renewable.

Sincerely,

I have sent this letter TWICE.  Both times Maxine responded with a simple thank-you note  thanking me for taking the time to write to her, and didn't mention a SINGLE WORD about my Guest Visa Plan.

I suspect that Maxine never even read my letters, and probably instructed her staff to reply on her behalf.

You're really serious about this thing?

I suspect that Maxine didn't read it too. Her staff would have read it first and screened it out.

The racism was too obvious. Maybe you don't think it is obvious because you trust so much in deniability but I can tell you as a Canadian, it was obvious.

Maybe it's easier for me to detect too because of how you supported the inferences of racism in my racism thread.

Can you think of a better plan that may appeal to Maxine more? Hurting poor people from mostly Hispanic countries was bound to not even get past her staff.

How about the libertarian position? I think she would be very enthusiastically for that!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #277 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Can you think of a better plan that may appeal to Maxine more?
Ms. Waters would probably like open borders for people of color and to keep everybody else out entirely.

BTW, when you link vetting for criminals and terrorists directly to your claim that that will keep most all Hispanic people out and is therefore racist, It's your unfounded and incorrect assumption that Hispanic people tend to be criminals and terrorists, which makes you the racist here Dong.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #278 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You're really serious about this thing?

I suspect that Maxine didn't read it too. Her staff would have read it first and screened it out.

Thanks!   Smiley

I think we're finally on the same team, here.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #279 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:11pm:
BTW, when you link vetting for criminals and terrorists directly to your claim that that will keep most all Hispanic people out and is therefore racist, It's your unfounded and incorrect assumption that Hispanic people tend to be criminals and terrorists, which makes you the racist here Dong.

No mention was ever made of Hispanic people in my letter to Maxine Waters.  Read it again, Jeff.

Smiley   Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Trump's Travel Ban For Muslims Un-Constitutional?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy