Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jeff is Why I Hate Freedom
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jeff is Why I Hate Freedom (Read 4372 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Jeff is Why I Hate Freedom
Reply #10 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Feb 7th, 2017 at 8:57am:
Financial theft requires deception to cover up. 

Except when the Government does it. They brazenly steat my hard-earned financial assets each April. But they offer the consolation that there are other victims as well.

It makes me feel a little better - but not much.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Feb 7th, 2017 at 8:57am:
Absolutely, I don't think any libertarian opinion would dream of allowing the state to mandate 'civility.'

But here's my thought on how your worst fears might not be warranted.  It pays no dividends for anyone to go out of their way to be nasty to someone.  At worst, we ignore those we don't like.  Remember, the epidemic lack of civility we see in our day exists under big economic and thus social distortions of the modern world system, which have steadily worsened since its start 500 years  ago, due to the progressive financial power-grabs by the elites aimed at keeping their bubbles afloat.  A (true) libertarian society probably wouldn't have those distortions.

Financial theft requires deception to cover up.  Deception causes instability.  Instability causes pain.  Pain causes anger and loss of faith in social norms.

This is a beautiful, elegant argument. The Simpsons blew it out of the water better than I ever could have.

The problems is that the jeffs of the world are not rational. There will always be that tenth of a percent that deviates wildly from the norm. Nature tries everything. How can I sit here knowing firsthand that people vary shockingly drastically in intelligence, and not suppose that behaviour would vary even more?

Today, this one is being stuffed with all the medicare, social security, and pills it can swallow. It lives in the sanctuary. It has very little to be mad at. Still, it attacks. It devotes massive amounts of energy to these attacks. Some people get their fulfillment this way, just the way I might devote time to a hobby or reading books. Besides that, people are almost always in at least indirect competition with one another, and it does pay on some level to engage in jeff-like behaviour. I almost imagine there'd be a market for it. In competition with another top executive for the job of your life? Pay an army of jeffs to make the other guy kill himself. They like doing it - you can pay them next to nothing.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 8:55am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 2nd, 2017 at 11:23pm:
I don't really. I just don't want the entire world to be like this.

Imagine if this sort of behavior is allowed. It will thrive. I don't want my job to be a basket of jeffs. I don't want the local supermarket to be a basket of jeffs.
Had you ever actually lived and worked in the real world, you'd know that people like me are very common in many, many workplaces. They speak their minds freely.
You don't like it? Tough shit. You don't like what they say? You are free to reply.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 8:57am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 7th, 2017 at 11:19pm:
The problems is that the jeffs of the world are not rational.

Is there some new 'progressive' definition of rational that I don't know about? Or are you just using the term 'rational' to mean 'like me'?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 9:00am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 7th, 2017 at 11:19pm:
Pay an army of jeffs to make the other guy kill himself. They like doing it - you can pay them next to nothing.

Other than you lizard, I've never asked anything to consider suicide...

Technically speaking, is a Dragon of indeterminate sexuality really a "guy"?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 8th, 2017 at 9:00am:
Other than you lizard, I've never asked anything to consider suicide...

Technically speaking, is a Dragon of indeterminate sexuality really a "guy"?

You did it to Sky once.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 8:37am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 8th, 2017 at 11:56pm:
You did it to Sky once.

Perhaps I did, inadvertently, when one of his posts sounded like you wrote it?

IP Logged

merkelstan

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 11:56am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 1st, 2017 at 10:16pm:
J
I do not blame Jeff for his nastiness. I blame the lack of rules.

A private forum like this can implement any rules it wants, like banning the mention of jello.

You are such a special snowflake.  I must conclude you are under 25.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on Feb 9th, 2017 at 11:56am:
A private forum like this can implement any rules it wants, like banning the mention of jello.

Are you aware he's a child genius? When he was 10, he took an IQ test and blew everybody away. And the adults told him about it, told him he was just incredibly unbelievably smart. And he was. He got into college when he was 14, and I think he's still in college. But I bet he's a Doctor and Full Professor of something nonsensical, and doesn't really even now much about his own field of expertise, much less anything else.

The only thing he really knows is that he's really smart.

He also claims to be a sociopathic evil dragon. He has serious problems relating to the real world... That makes sense for a dragon I guess...

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on Feb 9th, 2017 at 11:56am:

The internet is fine as-is. When this behaviour is allowed in the real world, it's going to make the real world shitty. Simple as that.

One really nasty person can ruin everything for a million others.

And just FYI, this forum does have rules against this kind of behaviour. I read the TOS. You probably didn't.

Jeff is free to break the rules because no one will enforce against him, but everybody hates me so I have to obey. With no government and private property everywhere, this is what you'll see the whole world turn into as far as equal rights go. The only truly equal rights will be on public property, of which there will be none.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jeff is Why I Hate Freedom
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy