Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jeff is Why I Hate Freedom
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jeff is Why I Hate Freedom (Read 4933 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Jeff is Why I Hate Freedom
Reply #110 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 8:35am:
You are fully serious in your belief that your "intellect" is superhuman.

Because it is. An intelligence as high as mine is considered a superpower in the Marvel universe.

I would be labeled a mutant, forced to register under the Mutant Registry Act, put it in writing for all the government to see that my superpower is super-intelligence rather than pyrokinesis or shape-shifting, and maybe even locked up whether I'd done anything wrong or not.

And if someone robs a bank and leaves fireballs and char-marks all over, they're going to look in their precious registry and knock on the pyrokinetic guy's door. If someone launches a cyber-attack and hacks that bank empty, they'll be knocking on mine.

Seriously, examine the X-Men universe for good philosophical food for thought pertaining to this exact issue of it being wrong to dehumanise someone whether they're human or not.

The moral of a story that a child is expected to absorb in the 1990's is lost on most adults today, which is sad.

Just act human and people will generally respect your rights as a human.

By watching libertarians, I conclude that "acting human" means to scream and insult everyone who disagrees with you.

I refuse. And once again, I don't want rights if I have to do and say the right things in order to get them.

Libertarians will anyway, and the classical liberals. Authoritarians of all stripes will continue to deny you the exercise of whichever of your rights interfere with them taking power and keeping it.

You've got it backwards. I have to say and believe the right things for libertarians to grant me rights.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #111 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 8:16am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:59am:
By watching libertarians, I conclude that "acting human" means to scream and insult everyone who disagrees with you.

If you had been listening to libertarians you would know that acting human consists of respecting the rights of others and taking responsibility for yourself, which you say you do now, so you should have no problem continuing to act human.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #112 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 8:16am:
If you had been listening to libertarians you would know that acting human consists of respecting the rights of others and taking responsibility for yourself, which you say you do now, so you should have no problem continuing to act human.

I have always been respectful of others' opinions, even those I disagree with. The biggest libertarians scream and insult and remove rights from those they disagree with.

Libertarianism means to deny right to those you disagree with, according to both you and Merkelstan, and Rothbard. Want quotes?

To have rights, I have to understand them, which means rights exactly as they are described in libertarian philosophy.

If I disagree, then I don't understand. And I don't get rights.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #113 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:37pm:
Libertarianism means to deny right to those you disagree with, according to both you and Merkelstan, and Rothbard. Want quotes?

To have rights, I have to understand them, which means rights exactly as they are described in libertarian philosophy.

If I disagree, then I don't understand. And I don't get rights.
Don't bother. You've confirmed that you are not human in any way humans can understand. I knew that.

Probably you want to go through more cycles of you whining about not being allowed to kill and eat humans, which you like because us humans taste like pork.

I'm getting bored with you.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #114 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:37pm:
I have always been respectful of others' opinions, even those I disagree with.
Send your thugs out if you want to. The best I can do is try to keep them out of the neighborhood.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #115 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:04pm:
Send your thugs out if you want to. The best I can do is try to keep them out of the neighborhood.
Lizard, are you keeping an eye on Donyat, or letting him run free as your proxy?

Are you prepared to take full responsibility? Own up. Be a man. Let dear Donat identify you.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #116 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
This is how a human behaves:

Jeff wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 9:20am:
The Opposition wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 10:39pm:
That to have rights, a being needs to understand them (agree with exactly how libertarians think they work) and demand them for itself.

I might want rights, but I don't think they [ought to] work the way Rothbard says they do, and furthermore I have a moral objection to making such a demand.

This is what, as far as theories of human rights go, makes you the equivalent of a wild beast. You either can't understand, or refuse to understand, that very human is born with the exact same rights.

Jeff wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 7:49am:
You have no more rights than an animal, because your understanding of rights is at the level of a predatory animal.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #117 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 7:58am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 9:09pm:
This is how a human behaves:

This is what, as far as theories of human rights go, makes you the equivalent of a wild beast. You either can't understand, or refuse to understand, that very human is born with the exact same rights.

Yes, civilized humans believe everyone is born with the same rights, which you now agree is correct.

All you have to do now is keep respecting the rights of others and everyone will believe you are human and respect your rights in return.

Except maybe your Mom... Why did she try to kill you anyway?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #118 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 4th, 2018 at 7:58am:
Yes, civilized humans believe everyone is born with the same rights, which you now agree is correct.

All you have to do now is keep respecting the rights of others and everyone will believe you are human and respect your rights in return.

Except maybe your Mom... Why did she try to kill you anyway?

You've about equivalent to Oppo in credibility, even though you're fukked up in different ways. It cancels out any redeemable quality this forum could have had for the LP cause.

Who cares?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #119 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You've about equivalent to Oppo in credibility, even though you're fukked up in different ways. It cancels out any redeemable quality this forum could have had for the LP cause.

Who cares?
I didn't know the forum was supposed to be helping the Libertarian Party.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jeff is Why I Hate Freedom
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy