Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jeff is Why I Hate Freedom
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jeff is Why I Hate Freedom (Read 7815 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Jeff is Why I Hate Freedom
Reply #80 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 8:17am
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on Feb 9th, 2017 at 11:56am:
A private forum like this can implement any rules it wants, like banning the mention of jello.

You are such a special snowflake.  I must conclude you are under 25.

LOL, it's ironic the site authoritarian leftist would say that since you people act like Jeff now. 

I'm curious why Opposition doesn't know any leftists since he thinks people don't act like Jeff now.  I want to know so I can move there

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #81 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 8:21am
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on Feb 10th, 2017 at 5:58pm:
I guess I can try...

1) What, precisely, is this behavior you refer-to? Please give a concrete example.

2) How can that behaviour by one person "ruin things" for "millions"? What does "ruin things" mean, precisely? Please describe the causal chain of events that gives one person such power.

What about shouting down speech you disagree with, physically blocking people from going to political rallies, supporting fascist political groups who are on your side, calling everyone who disagrees with you a racist, a sexist, a gun lover who loves corporations and hates the poor.  Calling anyone who believes we should have a border racist.  Attacking anyone who thinks welfare should not be a way of earning a living.   Saying your views are established fact and you don't need to defend them.  Exploiting every real world event for cheap political points.

You know, what the Democrat party and leftists in Don's country do all the time

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #82 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 8:25am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 10th, 2017 at 11:41pm:
I will be nice. And I won't fight back unless I'm feeling particularly miserable. But I'm not going to pretend it doesn't bother me.

The world I fear is the one where you can't avoid people like this. The schools are already over 50% jeffs. The new generation coming out is nothing but insensitive, classically liberal, shitblasting, mine mine mine nyah-nyah-nyah-i-didn't-violate-the-NAP-you-can't-touch-me childish, mentally empty, vicious, cowardly assholes looking for loopholes that protect them from reprisal while they hurt others.

It's precisely because I can avoid it that it's fine. As long as people can avoid it, it is fine.

1. Jeff telling me to kill myself, repeatedly.

2. Do you really want a world where all the jeffs are protected from all the consequences of their actions because they're not violating the NAP? If you can't imagine how a world like this would be shitty I can't help ya much.

Sorry, but I don't want to be screamed at that I'm evil and I need to kill myself everywhere but my own house.

So why don't you join me in ignoring Jeff?  As time goes on, I skim over most of his posts without even looking at them because I just don't care what he says.  It's going to be harder and harder to unignore him if he ever mans up and admits what he did.  Fortunately, we know he isn't man enough to ever do that

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #83 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 8:29am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 11th, 2017 at 12:43am:
No. I like it how it is now in most places. You insult someone enough and it's harassment. You follow someone around and do it and it's harassment. You're not going to get away with jeff-ery in the real world.

And if you want freedom from that restriction, go to the internet. Everyone wins.

But you know what? Unrestricted insulting doesn't even bother me when it doesn't come with the NAP's retarded freedom from consequences. I'm cool with unlimited harassment as long as you're eventually allowed to punch the guy who's doing it to you. What I can't stand is the people (the vast majority of libertarians, though only one person on this forum I know of) who drool at the thought of rules that allow them to get away with everything with no threat of reprisal.

Rules used to be about common sense and whether you were trying to hurt someone. Now they're about winning and getting to hurt people with impunity because you're cleverer at using and abusing the rules. Libertarianism actually celebrates this ideology. It's completely demented.

I stand by my guns. Restrict it some places as long as others are left free. Some safe spaces for jeffs with unlimited free speech and immunity from consequences, some safe spaces for people who are sick of their shit.

The trick is seeing that both kinds of people love their safe spaces. It's not frelling natural for people to act like that and never be kicked in the teeth.

OK, now I understand.  You're conflating anarchy and libertarian again.  In a small government libertarian system he would be MORE likely to be in peril for acting that way.

Why do you insist on that stupid equalization since no regular poster on the board is actually an anarchist?  This whole thread is a stupid faulty premise.

Why not say you're worried about living on Mars because Martians are too consumed by prostitution?

We aren't getting anarchy, what a waste of time.  Since there are various people on the board who are libertarian or at least have some libertarian views, wouldn't that be more interesting to discuss than the useless void of anarchy that none of us support anyway?  Including you ...

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #84 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 8:33am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 24th, 2017 at 12:23am:
Then if you're going to ask me to do something, why not just ask me to stop posting?

He doesn't want that, you're the only one he pwns.  You need to give him what he doesn't want, not what he does

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #85 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 8:48am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 8:25am:
So why don't you join me in ignoring Jeff?  As time goes on, I skim over most of his posts without even looking at them because I just don't care what he says.  It's going to be harder and harder to unignore him if he ever mans up and admits what he did.  Fortunately, we know he isn't man enough to ever do that
Thanks for the mention.

What do you think I did?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #86 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 8:25am:

He's one of the more libertarian posters on the site. He's a small government libertarian just like you are.

He wants jails and courts paid for by the taxpayer, without pure wealth redistribution.

You say I'm conflating libertarianism with anarchy but I'm only assuming what would happen if the NAP were followed. Harassing someone until they kill themselves isn't aggression. You'll be hard-pressed to say this should be a crime in a libertarian world.

I don't see why I'm not justified in assuming that a libertarian world would be a lot like it is on a libertarian forum, just like a neo-Nazi world would be a lot like it is on a neo-Nazi forum. Is there some phenomenon that causes this sort of sampling to be counter to reality? I've been to racist forums. They're a lot more accepting of other viewpoints than people are here. It's a dare: Try Stormfront. Look at how people talk to one another. There are certainly heated discussions but it doesn't just degrade to pure insults every thread.

And you essentially tell me I can't judge an ideology by its bearers. If the people who flock to a libertarian forum choose to win by insulting, and the people who go to Stormfront don't, I can only assume that this is because there is some tendency here.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #87 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:13pm:
I've been to racist forums. They're a lot more accepting of other viewpoints than people are here.
Sure, their are racists of all political persuasions, but if you are a racist too, they will love you for that alone, and because they are narrowly tribal minded, they are almost all authoritarians who think their tribe should rule and kill the 'others'.

Mad Dog Dennis Mahon didn't like the idea that a 'black' person could rise by merit to be his boss or his Representative. He was willing to kill to prevent it from happening, sorry loser that he is.

He's the worst racist I ever met, and was not at all excepting of other than racist viewpoints.

He thought the Constitution as is was and should be was a Writ to enslave 'others' as long as the 'others' were defined as animals, or at least inferior vermin type humanoids.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #88 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
He's one of the more libertarian posters on the site. He's a small government libertarian just like you are.

He wants jails and courts paid for by the taxpayer, without pure wealth redistribution.

You say I'm conflating libertarianism with anarchy but I'm only assuming what would happen if the NAP were followed. Harassing someone until they kill themselves isn't aggression. You'll be hard-pressed to say this should be a crime in a libertarian world.

I don't see why I'm not justified in assuming that a libertarian world would be a lot like it is on a libertarian forum, just like a neo-Nazi world would be a lot like it is on a neo-Nazi forum. Is there some phenomenon that causes this sort of sampling to be counter to reality? I've been to racist forums. They're a lot more accepting of other viewpoints than people are here. It's a dare: Try Stormfront. Look at how people talk to one another. There are certainly heated discussions but it doesn't just degrade to pure insults every thread.

And you essentially tell me I can't judge an ideology by its bearers. If the people who flock to a libertarian forum choose to win by insulting, and the people who go to Stormfront don't, I can only assume that this is because there is some tendency here.

Harssment is an act of aggression  did u tell him to leave u alone or f off I don't think so telling someone to kill them self's is not agresstion repeted pushing someone around is  u telling Jeff what to do over and over again is agresstion opo u Re the ovgresser not Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #89 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
And you essentially tell me I can't judge an ideology by its bearers.
No one can prevent you from thinking that short people are dangerous dolts and that whatever they believe must be wrong, but why would you think that's a reliable way to judge ideas?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jeff is Why I Hate Freedom
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy