Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment? (Read 45902 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: House Democrats Move Ahead With More Investigations Against Trump
Reply #1060 - Jul 28th, 2019 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 28th, 2019 at 6:05pm:
Tump’s lawyers will argue that the absence of the floor vote means the current impeachment inquiry does not have the legal standing that such an inquiry normally acquires...
Congress gives Congressional inquiries legal status when they create them.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Reply #1061 - Jul 30th, 2019 at 12:42pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1062 - Jul 30th, 2019 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 14th, 2017 at 10:51pm:
It seems the President is on the fast-track for impeachment.  Congressional Left-Wing UniParty hacks are hell-bent on getting Trump in front of a Congressional Impeachment Committee.  Maxine Waters, Rob Reiner, Rachael Maddow, Chucky Schumer, et al are clamoring for impeachment.

President Donald Trump knew for weeks that national security adviser Michael Flynn had misled the White House about his contacts with Russia but did not immediately force him out, an administration spokesman said on Tuesday.

Trump was informed in late January that Flynn had not told Vice President Mike Pence the whole truth about conversations he had before Trump took office with Russia's ambassador to the United States, White House spokesman Sean Spicer said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-flynn-idUSKBN15T226
What ever happened to Michael Flynn?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1063 - Jul 30th, 2019 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 30th, 2019 at 3:24pm:
What ever happened to Michael Flynn?

I thought he went to prison. (?)

Last year, Flynn confessed to lying to FBI investigators.  All the talking heads said he would do hard time.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1064 - Jul 30th, 2019 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 30th, 2019 at 4:14pm:
I thought he went to prison. (?)

Last year, Flynn confessed to lying to FBI investigators.  All the talking heads said he would do hard time.
Sorry, I thought you were keeping up with al this.

He's not yet been sentenced, and is probably going to change his plea to not guilty...

I didn't know you could do that after you've been convicted!

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1065 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 11:36am
Print Post  
It's official:     The majority of House Democrats now support impeachment inquiry.

So LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

Not so fast, said Speaker Pelosi.

“It’s not even close in our caucus. Why are we speculating on hypotheticals?”  -  Speaker Pelosi.

The majority of Democrats had been hesitant to support impeachment, but after former Special Counsel Robert Mueller released his report in late May - saying he wouldn't exonerate Trump - the circus gates opened, and clowns ran out, hollering for impeachment.

Rep Al Green, a long time Trump basher said,

“The President’s shameful comments about Congressman Cummings make it evident that his bigotry is not going away.  We can no longer tolerate it and condemnation by the House of Representatives clearly wasn’t enough. We must impeach.”

It's fairly obvious that the Dems want to impeach for political reasons - they know very well that the purpose of the Mueller Report was NOT to exonerate Trump.

The purpose of the report was to find evidence that Trump colluded with Russians to secure his presidential election in 2016.     It didn't, and that is plainly stated on Page 2 (vol 1).

They can't impeach Trump because the Senate would never convict.   The dems have only ONE candidate that has a remote chance to beat Trump in 2020, but they hate him because he's white. . . and sniffs hair sometimes.  Grin

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1066 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 3rd, 2019 at 11:36am:
It's official:     The majority of House Democrats now support impeachment inquiry.

Yawn. A sub-committee will be created to look into impeachment and bring back recommendations, maybe, someday...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1067 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Breaking News

Earlier today, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler announced that he is actively considering recommending articles of impeachment in an attempt to remove Trump from office.

"This is formal impeachment proceedings." said Nadler.

The Mueller Report failed to provide sufficient evidence of wrongdoing by Trump, so Nadler hopes to start a new investigation.

In the fall, the House Judiciary Committee plans to hold a set of hearings with "key witnesses" whose testimony would be part of the committee's impeachment deliberations.

In the past, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was very clear that she doesn't to impeach for political reasons because it would likely backfire just like Bill Clinton's impeachment backfired on Republicans in 1999.

"There's nothing as divisive to the country, in my view, as impeachment." quipped Pelosi in June.

That however, has changed.    Pelosi is throwing caution to the wind and made it clear to the caucus that she is now on board with impeachment to unseat Trump.     She expressed the desperation of the democrats:

"If we have a case for impeachment that's the place we will have to go."

The Trump Administration has argued that all of the House's subpoenas (so far) lack a legislative purpose.  The pending subpoenas are strictly for political purposes and will be most likely be denied by the DoJ.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/08/politics/jerry-nadler-impeachment-inquiry/index.h...

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1068 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
BREAKING NEWS

Trump just fired National Security Adviser John Bolton.   Shocked

"I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning. I thank John very much for his service. I will be naming a new National Security Advisor next week."  - Trump

Meanwhile, House Judiciary Committee Democrats are set to vote on a resolution laying out impeachment procedures against Trump, who recently came under fire for saying that he had planned to meet with Taliban leaders.

These procedures are expected to follow those the Judiciary Committee used in 1974 during the Nixon impeachment proceedings.

It is hoped that the President will resign under pressure like Nixon. . . 

He won't.    Grin     (my official prediction #018)

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1069 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 2:08pm:
BREAKING NEWS

Trump just fired National Security Adviser John Bolton.   Shocked

Do you think he'll nominate Hillary to fill the position?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy