Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment? (Read 50038 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Reply #1210 - Nov 1st, 2019 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 1st, 2019 at 9:07pm:
How's your that Trump will send battle tanks into combat in Syria going?  You already claimed victory, but you haven't provided the link I asked for.
It's going fine.  I wisely did not put a timeline on it so it is pending. . .

When the tanks (or other mechanized assets) roll into Syria, I'll claim my prediction was correct.

I claimed a victory on Trump going on the offensive in Syria.   

Less than 48 hours after I made that prediction, Trump ordered the Delta Force commando raid which claimed ISIS leader al-Baghdadi's life.   An astonishing prediction, even to me!

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1211 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 8:42am
Print Post  
I'm sure this has a lot to do with many people leaving the Republican Party, and for many independents (What about calling them non-aligned voters?) favoring impeachment and looking for a good alternative to the TwoParty candidates.

https://reason.com/2019/11/01/trumps-near-zero-presidency/?utm_medium=email

"Judged by his own yardstick, the president has failed because he hasn't delivered on his promises to voters."

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #1212 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 9:16am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 1st, 2019 at 9:52pm:
It's going fine.  I wisely did not put a timeline on it so it is pending. . .

When the tanks (or other mechanized assets) roll into Syria, I'll claim my prediction was correct.

I claimed a victory on Trump going on the offensive in Syria.   

Less than 48 hours after I made that prediction, Trump ordered the Delta Force commando raid which claimed ISIS leader al-Baghdadi's life.   An astonishing prediction, even to me!

I agree you didn't give a timeline.  Though when he leaves office I think that would be definitive.

You didn't say otherwise here, but I made no prediction that Trump wouldn't get involved more in Syria.  It was your claim he'll expand it to a full out ground war with tank battles I disagreed with.  When you say like you did before that somehow expanding Syria is winning vis a vis me and our bet, you are full of shit.  I didn't and wouldn't have bet he wasn't going to keep going in Syria.  He clearly was.

No one would be surprised he killed al-Baghdadi who's paying attention whether you agree with him on that or not.

I feel mixed in that I want to leave the middle east in it's entirety and leave the problem to the Euroweenies and the Ruskies.  But our troops are there and unlike the left, I don't just give lip service to supporting them.  Killing Baghdadi was in the interest of our troops, who shouldn't be there but are.  As I said, I'm mixed

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1213 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 9:25am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 2nd, 2019 at 9:16am:
I feel mixed in that I want to leave the middle east in it's entirety and leave the problem to the Euroweenies and the Ruskies.
And the Turks, and Kurds, and Arabs, and Iranians, and Israel.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1214 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 9:26am
Print Post  
But our troops are there and unlike the left, I don't just give lip service to supporting them.
We have to keep troops there because they are there, and leaving them there is "supporting" them?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #1215 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 2nd, 2019 at 9:26am:
We have to keep troops there because they are there, and leaving them there is "supporting" them?

I addressed that in the post you quoted shit head

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1216 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 11:29am
Print Post  
You didn't say otherwise here, but I made no prediction that Trump wouldn't get involved more in Syria.  It was your claim he'll expand it to a full out ground war with tank battles I disagreed with.  When you say like you did before that somehow expanding Syria is winning vis a vis me and our bet, you are full of shit.  I didn't and wouldn't have bet he wasn't going to keep going in Syria.  He clearly was.

Not quite. I never said full out ground war.    I said 2 things would happen

1) US role would change from an advisory role to a combat combat role where soldiers are shooting and being shot at.   That happened with the Oct. 27th raid on al Baghdadi's stronghold.

2) Trump would deploy tanks in Syria.   

SkyChief wrote on Oct 25th, 2019 at 11:41am:
This will completely change the US role from an "advisory" force to a combat role.

SkyChief wrote on Oct 26th, 2019 at 2:07pm:
I was discussing the ROLE of US troops in Syria.

Until now, it has been an advisory role - not a combat role.

I predict that Trump WILL send in tanks.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #1217 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 2nd, 2019 at 11:29am:
Not quite. I never said full out ground war.    I said 2 things would happen

1) US role would change from an advisory role to a combat combat role where soldiers are shooting and being shot at.   That happened with the Oct. 27th raid on al Baghdadi's stronghold.

2) Trump would deploy tanks in Syria.   

It was your claim you were winning or won our bet that I objected to.  I rarely make bets on the internet, even like ours where the only win is bragging rights.  And I only bet with people I have respect for.  Obviously Jeff, LBM, Opposition, their socks would renege 100% of the time when they lost because that's who they are.  None of them will stand behind their crap or man up.  There isn't a man in them combined.

I am fine with everything you said EXCEPT for your claim to me that you were winning something vis a vis me.  Nothing that has happened was a win for you in regard to our discussion.  Care or not, but I considered that to be bad faith and beneath you.  Nothing regarding Baghdadi was you winning over me.  I agreed Trump would continue to fight in Iraq.  I disagreed with the level you predicted.

Point made, I'll drop it now

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1218 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 2nd, 2019 at 12:00pm:
Obviously Jeff, LBM, Opposition, their socks would renege 100% of the time when they lost because that's who they are.  None of them will stand behind their crap or man up.  There isn't a man in them combined.

I love it when you are rude for no purpose! Kiss It doesn't bother me, because today, I feel like a black lesbian, and the last thing I want to do is "Man up". Grin

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #1219 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 8:16am
Print Post  
A somewhat different take on impeachment, and a good one!

https://reason.com/2019/11/02/impeachment-is-both-the-cause-and-the-effect-of-a-...

The lead in:

"By focusing all of its efforts on impeachment during a presidential campaign, Congress has given away the game: Its members are little more than pawns in a winner-take-all battle for the presidency and its vast and ever-growing powers. Worse, they seem to prefer it that way."

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy