Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 79 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment? (Read 21581 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Reply #630 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 7:01am:
Yes, witch doctors have magical powers that enable them to see into the minds of others, even from far away...

It's just conversation for me. I don't have a dog in the fight. So if it's not for the sake of the safety of the rest of the world, I will enjoy the results of Trump's mental illness.

On the bright side, there are indications that proper safety measures have been taken to defang Trump and make him relatively harmless on foreign policy that could endanger the rest of the world.

The foreign policy he's being allowed to tamper with, such as withdrawing *aid to Pakistan can only work in a positive way for world peace.

*aid being military.

That's the equivalent of the US withdrawing support from the UN and Nato but Americans are too vain to understand why.

As I've said, I think of the likely reason why they had to kill Kennedy. Trump needs to make sure he trusts his CIA bodyguards. That's not possible now. It's like asking Comey or the FBI to keep Trump safe.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #631 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 2:18am:
The Goldwater rule most certainly applies to Trump.

It does. However, you can't expect people with the kind of power our society has given to shrinks to follow their own rules. You get to the top by breaking rules, not by following them. I maintain that the diagnoses are valid, because it is a power they have, and that the rule defining those diagnoses as unethical is applicable, but meaningless, like all rules are to those with power.

People can have power without having anything to do with the government. That power can be dangerous without having anything to do with the government. Those diagnoses could lead to a Trump impeachment without having anything to do with government.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #632 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 1:33pm:
It's just conversation for me. I don't have a dog in the fight. So if it's not for the sake of the safety of the rest of the world, I will enjoy the results of Trump's mental illness.
Have the same witch doctors that diagnosed Trump from afar applied their magic to Young Kim? What's their diagnosis of him?

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #633 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 1:33pm:
It's just conversation for me.

It's just converation for me, too, like the Jaguars winning a playoff game.

Columbia University Sociology Professor C. Wright Mills wrote The Power Elite in 1956.
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Elite-C-Wright-Mills/dp/0195133544/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UT...

In 1961 two-term President and 5-star General Dwight Eisenhower warned of the rising power of the Military-Industrial-Complex in his Farewell Address.

However, in the last 60 years the Power Elite have not lost power, but instead have evolved into the Military Industrial Pharmaceutical Educational Banking Congressional Etc. Complex with, imho, the CIA, not the Executive or Judicial branches of government, in the catbird seat.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #634 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 8:02am:
Have the same witch doctors that diagnosed Trump from afar applied their magic to Young Kim? What's their diagnosis of him?

Yes, but not the 'same' doctors. In fact, not doctors at all, but that doesn't seem to be of any consequence to the American people who are totally convinced that Kim is a madman. And he's far from the first country's leader that was judged as a madman which led to the American people giving their blessings for war.

The issues don't need to be confused. Mental health professionals are becoming almost unanimous on Trump's lack of mental health. I'm surprised to hear you taking the other side on this!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #635 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
[excerpts from a NYT article:]

Tom Steyer, the billionaire environmentalist and Democratic political donor, announced Monday that his advocacy group, NextGen America, will spend $30 million to help Democrats retake the House in 2018, with the aim of eventually impeaching President Trump.

Steyer said his campaign would focus on reaching millennial voters, who will constitute the largest voting demographic in the 2018 and 2020 elections.

“We are really focused on removing this president,” Mr. Steyer said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/08/us/politics/tom-steyer-trump-impeachment-midt...

This will fail - like all the rest of Steyer's political endeavors. He thinks he can "buy" Trump's impeachment.
Nope.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #636 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 8:56am:
like the Jaguars winning a playoff game.

One wonders how that happened. Those poor bastards. They'll probably kick the bucket in the next game.

SkyChief wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:41pm:
[excerpts from a NYT article:]

Tom Steyer, the billionaire environmentalist and Democratic political donor, announced Monday that his advocacy group, NextGen America, will spend $30 million to help Democrats retake the House in 2018, with the aim of eventually impeaching President Trump.

Steyer said his campaign would focus on reaching millennial voters, who will constitute the largest voting demographic in the 2018 and 2020 elections.

“We are really focused on removing this president,” Mr. Steyer said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/08/us/politics/tom-steyer-trump-impeachment-midt...

This will fail - like all the rest of Steyer's political endeavors. He thinks he can "buy" Trump's impeachment.
Nope.

I have no reason to think such a thing can't be bought. It might cost more than $30 million, though.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #637 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:23pm:
Yes, but not the 'same' doctors. In fact, not doctors at all, but that doesn't seem to be of any consequence to the American people who are totally convinced that Kim is a madman. And he's far from the first country's leader that was judged as a madman which led to the American people giving their blessings for war.

The issues don't need to be confused. Mental health professionals are becoming almost unanimous on Trump's lack of mental health. I'm surprised to hear you taking the other side on this!
I don't know Mr. Trump, or Young Kim either, but Young Kim is decidedly crazy. What sane person known to possess nuclear weapons would launch an ICBM in the direction of Japan?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #638 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:53am:
I don't know Mr. Trump, or Young Kim either, but Young Kim is decidedly crazy. What sane person known to possess nuclear weapons would launch an ICBM in the direction of Japan?

That which you term as crazy has turned out to be a successful gambit.

Regardless of US rhetoric aimed at damage control, the US has been excluded and great hopes are being expressed on the beginning of reunification talks.

In fact, something that all libertarians should be very happy about taking place. And all of US congress trying to stop the progress.

But that's now what we hear on this forum is it sweet cheeks. You can hear it over at antiwar.com if you're interested!

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #639 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:22pm:
That which you term as crazy has turned out to be a successful gambit.

That doesn't mean it wasn't an insane thing to do, or that the maniac who ordered it shouldn't be tried and probably hung.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 79
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy