Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment? (Read 23560 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Reply #760 - May 5th, 2018 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 4:24pm:
That may be one of the reasons, but it's not the only reason, imo.  Trump stands a lot to gain as far as optics go if he can get (nuclear) concessions from Young Kim.

We'll see what happens at the summit.
I would feel bad if young Kim nuked Sacramento...

It wouldn't be as bad if he timed it so the legislature and the Governor were all there when the high yield fusion bomb went off... But it would still make me sad for all the innocents, the "collateral damage" people. Cry

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #761 - May 5th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 4:24pm:
That may be one of the reasons, but it's not the only reason, imo.  Trump stands a lot to gain as far as optics go if he can get (nuclear) concessions from Young Kim.

We'll see what happens at the summit.

Yes, we'll see, but we will have to be objective about what is gained or lost by the US by Trump.

First, he'll be playing China's game with their ball. N.K. has nuclear weapons to trade to the US in exchange for ..............

My guess is removal of US military from South Korea.

Anybody have a better guess?

Regardless of what happens it's going to be politically spun by Trump as a success.

Oh, and both Koreas have an ace in the hole. That's their most important issue and it's reunification.

Did I get all of that pretty much right Chief and Craig Sickler?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #762 - May 5th, 2018 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 6:49pm:
Yes, we'll see, but we will have to be objective about what is gained or lost by the US by Trump.
Right, sure. Time will tell.

It's just my opinion, but I think America has already won a small victory in that people are now more willing to stand up to adolescent Nazis and tell them to shut up. Everybody was afraid to disagree with the Big "O" for fear of being branded a racist.

As usual, your "analysis" was lame and uninformed and not coherent.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #763 - May 5th, 2018 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 7:22pm:
Right, sure. Time will tell.

It's just my opinion, but I think America has already won a small victory in that people are now more willing to stand up to adolescent Nazis and tell them to shut up. Everybody was afraid to disagree with the Big "O" for fear of being branded a racist.

As usual, your "analysis" was lame and uninformed and not coherent.

Your lack of a sense of humour and inability to say something truly funny is disappointing sweet ass. At least we can always make fun of Oppo. And Ruby is over the top with her obsessing about her weight problem, or not.

It's not like I haven't provided you with enough material to work with. Try harder. Don't chirp so often; it's better to save it up for a while and develop it. It's just that you haven't been able to even mildly piss me off in weeks.

YOu owe it to the others too!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #764 - May 8th, 2018 at 8:44am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #765 - May 8th, 2018 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 8th, 2018 at 8:44am:

If it wasn't for the fact that judges are crooked and politically biased in your country, this would be equivalent to:

Trump shouldn't be subpoened and forced to testify because that would be forcing him to lie.  Embarrassed

Come on Craig, you're better and smarter than that. That president of yours should be jumping at the opportunity to tell the truth to Mueller.

It's obvious that Mueller wants the best for Trump and that's what the investigation is all about. Trump himself has said so! And too Craig, Mueller is a Republican too!

--

--

admittedly it could be a repub plot to destroy trump

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #766 - May 9th, 2018 at 7:32am
Print Post  
A trip back in the time machine to illustrate another reason why everyone these days should remain silent-

https://reason.com/archives/2003/10/01/st-martha

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #767 - May 9th, 2018 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
I saw something very disheartening today.

Its pretty clear that Trump has no intention whatsoever of reaching any peace accord with Young Kim at the upcoming summit.

Trump's game plan is simple:    Show up, demand that Young Kim cease and desist with his nuke development.

Naturally, Young Kim will want assurances that US will remove all Military assets from South Korea.  Trump will say "Sorry, Rocket Man, I can't promise that."   Meeting is over in three minutes.

Trump boards Air Force One and returns home.  He will tweet "No agreement was made. It was Rocket Man's fault - Very Disappointing!"

Young Kim will have the People's Propaganda Minister issue the following statement:

"No agreement was made. It was Trump's fault."

I can read these men like a book.  The upcoming summit is just an excercise in political-posturing for both of them.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #768 - May 10th, 2018 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 11:52pm:
I saw something very disheartening today.

Its pretty clear that Trump has no intention whatsoever of reaching any peace accord with Young Kim at the upcoming summit.

Trump's game plan is simple:    Show up, demand that Young Kim cease and desist with his nuke development.

Naturally, Young Kim will want assurances that US will remove all Military assets from South Korea.  Trump will say "Sorry, Rocket Man, I can't promise that."   Meeting is over in three minutes.

Trump boards Air Force One and returns home.  He will tweet "No agreement was made. It was Rocket Man's fault - Very Disappointing!"

Young Kim will have the People's Propaganda Minister issue the following statement:

"No agreement was made. It was Trump's fault."

I can read these men like a book.  The upcoming summit is just an excercise in political-posturing for both of them.

Great that you've finally expressed your theory Chief! But here's the part you forgot to talk about.

Trump will claim that Kim is not interested in a deal and so it's Kim's fault. And what American won't buy it, hook, line, and sinker?

And I would like to add to your observations: Trump could only be thinking of selling a piece of the farm to Kim in trade for Kim's nukes. That is, if he's not just intending to claim that Kim is responsible for the failure.

So the question becomes, what piece of the farm would Trump sell?

There's a similarity in this to the Kennedy scenario in which Kennedy was a threat to selling a piece of the farm to Cuba. A fuk'n big piece! So the deep state had to whack him.

With this one, we should only be so lucky.

I think we're reading it right, even though you didn't finish your thought. Trump will have to claim no progress and blame it on Kim.

And think of the advantage that will give Trump! The American people will be seeing a war as totally justified once again!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #769 - May 10th, 2018 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 1:36pm:
I think we're reading it right, even though you didn't finish your thought. Trump will have to claim no progress and blame it on Kim.

I did say this very thing. :

SkyChief wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 11:52pm:
...Trump boards Air Force One and returns home.  He will tweet "No agreement was made. It was Rocket Man's fault - Very Disappointing!"

Did you not read this?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 80
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy